PDA

View Full Version : Purrfect Tenant Pet Resume - NOW OFFICIAL! :-D

Catty1
09-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Please see attached - it went out today! :)

Medusa
09-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Atta girl, Candace! Congrats! :)

columbine
09-12-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm in awe of the work you've done, and of how you found a way to make a concrete difference in the situation. :love: May it teach landowners that a responsible companion-human is a responsible tenant, and remind tenants that their nonhuman roommates are very much a part of the intricate dance that is housing!

Love, Columbine

phesina
09-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Excellent! What a wonderful, fine thing you have done, Candace! On behalf of all pets and those who love them everywhere, thank you.

catmandu
09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
WHAT A SHAME THAT THESE LANDLORDS ARE SO GREEDY AND THAT EVERYTHING IN TODAYS WORLD COMES DOWN TO MONEY.
WE ARE HOPING THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THINGS CATTY 1.
GOD BLESS YOU FOR TRYING YOUR BEST.:love::love::love:

Catty1
09-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Gary - it's all about changing the landlord and tenant law. And then enforcing it. More about that in another thread, later. :)

catmandu
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
True Enogh Catty 1.
I Remember That In The Last Apartment I Lived In That They Would Order People With Pets To Get Out Or Move, Especially After Rent Control Came In, As They Could Charge New Tenants More Money.
Sad How Eveytning Comes Down To The All Mighty Dollar.:(:(

Catty1
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Gary, Ontario is the only province in Canada to have a part of the Landlord and Tenant Act that PROHIBITS discrimination against pet owners. A landlord cannot even kick someone out just because they have a pet - ONLY if it it noisy or bothering other tenants.

I'll post it a bit later - but those people had that law on their side.

catmandu
09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
THIS WAS BACK IN THE LATE 80S AND EARLY 90S BEFORE THAT LEGISLATION CAME IN.
I AM GLAD TO HEAR TO HEAR THAT NEWS AS THE FOUND CATS :love::love:
AND I MAY WANT TO MOVE INTO AN APARTMENT ONE DAY.:love::cool: