PDA

View Full Version : Cat Grooming - G is in the house!!

Taz_Zoee
09-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Wow, I've been starting tons of threads lately. Sorry.:eek:

But I wanted to ask a question for my friend. Where do you take your kitties to get them groomed? Is it a private local place or is it a chain place that we would have here in California?
I know Jen L grooms....any suggestions, Jen (or anyone)?

She has an appointment at the vets but it's two weeks away and she doesn't want to wait that long. Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

Moesha
09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I take mine to a local groomer/boarder that isn't far from my home. I'm out in the country and there aren't many other options. But I do like the lady that owns the place here. My vet's office stopped grooming a few years back.

lvpets2002
09-11-2008, 02:46 PM
:love: I do my own grooming on my babies.. I do the wet baths & trimming & nail tipping.. I do all the babies every third week.. They are all used to it too.. Now my babies stay indoors only..

catmandu
09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I USUALLY DO THE GROOMING FOR THE FOUND CATS WHO NEED IT DONE, BUT USUALLY THEY KEEP THEMSELVES CLEAN, AND AS THEY ARE SHORT HAIRED THEY USUALLY DONT HAVE THAT MANY PROBLEMS, KNOCK ON WOOD.:cool::love:

jenluckenbach
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Have your friend call local, privately owned pet grooming shops and ask if they work with cats. Use the yellow pages or ask other pet owners or even your vet office for referrals.

Chain grooming salons, like those found in Petco, Petsmart, etc, might also do cats. And they might have good people woking there, but there is a good chance they are less experienced. (just a generalization NOT a fact).

What needs to be done to kitty?

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Well, unfortunately G had to live outside/in the garage because the lady of the house (not my friend) didn't want the cats in the house. But Groucho stayed in the house in my friends bedroom. Since Groucho has passed they want to bring G into the house...uh, bedroom now. And she'd just like to get him groomed real good before they bring him in. Brushed out, nails and ears done and bathed.
So it would basically be a one time thing, really.

Thanks everyone, I will pass this along to her. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Cindy, I would also make sure that they stay with the cat, if possible. I know there are PLENTY of horror stories about how frustrated that some "bad" groomers get with kitties.

I do all of my own kitty grooming, including shaving into a kitty cut. And Doras hair too.

I hope that they can find a patient and nice groomer, that loves cats! Too bad Jen is not close to your friend!:p

And I am glad they are taking kitty inside where it belongs!:D

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks Katie, I will suggest that to her (staying with him).
They have an appointment at their vets on the 26th, but she wants to get him inside sooner. That's why she looking for another place, possibly. But she is nervous about taking him just anywhere. She has been searching online and found a neat place called The Cats Inn, or something like that. They looked like a very good place. But she's still unsure.

It's just like me. When I moved to a different town I always asked around to see where the best salons were. The best person to do my hair (since I live in the 80's and still get perms) and the best nail tech. I also do the same with doctors. I'd rather go on a referral than just pick blind.

But I will give her these pointers and I'm sure she'll find something. Or she'll just wait until the 26th. :p

Taz_Zoee
09-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Well, G was groomed on Saturday and is now an inside only kitty. And apparently he is loving it! :D Although, he is too big to jump up on the bed, so they are working on figuring something out for that. She put stuff near the bed for him to use as steps, but he hasn't figured that out yet. LOL

I'll have to see if she has any pictures of G I can share with you.
I've tried to tell her she just needs to join PT, since I'm always sending her links and posting things for her. LOL

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe she found a private place and really liked the job they did.

jenluckenbach
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Great news. And YES, she must join!