PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Pit Bulls?

StarandBratsmom
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Do you like Pit Bulls? Hey everyone, I am writing a blog about Pittbulls and I was wondering what your views are.

AllAmericanPUP
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Love em! especially since I have one

They are a fantastic breed that is highly misunderstood.

here is a video to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeuy_PBlqz8

Karen
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Hey, do a search, Pitties have many, many threads already about them.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Love em. :D

I'm a dog groomer and I have two that come in... Capone and Jada, and they are just the sweetest dogs! Many others too... :)

Taz_Zoee
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I love ALL dogs. :)
But my sister works at a vet and says Pits are the sweetest dogs. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
09-11-2008, 02:46 PM
YES- I LOVE Pit Bulls! They are the sweetest dogs, IF you raise them to be that way. It really saddens me, and makes me upset when people don't treat them the way they should be treated.
:)

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Love them, beautiful dogs, inside and out!

luvofallhorses
09-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I ADORE them and hope to have one someday rescued of course. Jadapit has the most gorgeous dogs that are pit bulls. :) Make sure you get the facts before posting a blog on them, not just people's views. :) they truly are my number one breed besides hounds, rotties, labs, shepherds, and mutts of course. :)

Alysser
09-11-2008, 07:52 PM
They are not my kind of breed, but I love them all the same. :) They have great characteristics and are great when trained properly and when they are owned by a firm and confident person.

binka_nugget
09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Love them! I've been volunteering at the animal shelter for 5 years now.. the nicest dogs I've ever met were Pit Bulls. Such wonderful dogs!

finn's mom
09-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I think they're awesome dogs, but I wouldn't go out of my way to own one...as the breed is known to be dog aggressive and that's not a quality I desire to have work with. (I'm not naive enough to think that there aren't breeds NOT prone to dog aggression that could be that way, but the breeds that are known for it just aren't for me.) The pits I have met, though, are wonderful with people. They are gorgeous dogs and there really isn't anything comparable to a well bred well taken care of pit bull, they're outstanding.

dreamparkingspace
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I like pitbulls. I like how Cesar Millan seems to be obessesed with restoring their general image to a breed that is very misunderstood. Anyone see that last episode with the "dueling pitbulls" which was awesome by the way? My guess is that a lot of pits are mistreated horribly which is what contributes to aggressive behavior rarely seen in the news, yet always a headline.

"I think he's cute." - the dude from the movie White Fang, referring to a purebred pit forced to fight

My dog Tatum is a lab/shar pei mix (shar pei being the fighting breed of China, so somewhat like a pit I suppose) and is a rescue with a perfect temperament. My young nephews and niece occasionally (all under age 7) often play rough with Tatum, yet Tatum always remains friendly Tatum with the kiddos. We love ya big aunt Tate. :)

Suki Wingy
09-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I love them. There is a very good chance my next dog will be a rescued pit bull or pit bull mix, or a purebred American Staffordshire Terrier. (Which if you ask me is the same breed. Many others will disagree.) Either that or a Dalmatian!

By the way, there are already tons and tons of threads on pit bulls and am staffs.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-12-2008, 06:40 AM
They are BEAUTIFUL DOGS! And I love all dogs. Met some of the sweetest pits ever. Would I own one, NO. BUT that does not mean I dont like them. Their are plenty of dogs I would not own;)

StarandBratsmom
09-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Wow, there are a lot of you that love pitbulls. I am too a fan but no one I know likes them. I had two of them, great dogs. They'd get all excited when I came home from work, it's funny because I could go outside for just a minute, come back inside and they act like I was gone a long time. lol. My neighbor killed them both.

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
My neighbor killed them both.

WHAT?!?! That is horrible. I am so sorry. :(

cloverfdx
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I love them (And AmStaffs), well most Bully breeds realy. Gorgeous dogs if raised correctly. And darn cute too ;).

AllAmericanPUP
09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow, there are a lot of you that love pitbulls. I am too a fan but no one I know likes them. I had two of them, great dogs. They'd get all excited when I came home from work, it's funny because I could go outside for just a minute, come back inside and they act like I was gone a long time. lol. My neighbor killed them both.

that is so sad:(
like I said, they are a very misunnderstood breed that is portrayed as a vicous killer by the media

Suki Wingy
09-12-2008, 02:54 PM
My neighbor killed them both.

You should have pressed charges.

Spicy_Bulldog
09-13-2008, 01:07 AM
No I love them. As they are my #1 favorite breed. I wish more people could see what a true Pit Bull is like and not believe all the crap they hear.