PDA

View Full Version : 'getting angry again

wayne0214
09-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Could someone out there please tell me how to get pictures on the internet of my furkids? What I am looking for is a step-by-step procedure using a compaq presario. It seems as though I am the only one who continually posts on Pet Talk and has no picutres to present. I have an image of me holding Fawn in the computer, but I do not find any information, nor know how to get it on the 'net.:mad:

.............wayne

Karen
09-08-2002, 02:33 PM
The picture needs to be on the Internet somewhere, first of all. If you want, you could email it to Paul, and he could put it on one of our servers for you, but otherwise, Phred has written a nice tutorial, hang on, I'll put a link here. (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Wayne, if you're still having problems after reading Phred's tutorial, let us know which step you get stuck on. We've got a Compaq Presario at home and maybe I can help some. Hope you figure it out because we can't wait to see your babies.

tatsxxx11
09-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Hang in there Wayne. We've all been there!;) Can't wait to see your babies' pics!!

sasvermont
09-08-2002, 05:08 PM
And if I can do it anyone can! It just takes some trials and errors. Hang in there. I use imagestation.com

:)

wayne0214
09-09-2002, 08:03 AM
I have tried all systems as presented by Phred, and none seems to fit. In fact, the instruction manual does not state which system is used. I can get the picture with a post on Pet Talk. (It appears to be some form of Netscape. ) But when I right click, the drop down box only has options for sizing the picture, and states nothing about the word "copy". Beyond this I am lost.:confused:

...........wayne

Former User
09-09-2002, 08:05 AM
Wayne, from where are you trying to post these pics? Imagestation? something else?

wayne0214
09-09-2002, 08:13 AM
I wish I could answer your question, I do not know

Former User
09-09-2002, 08:15 AM
You don't know where your pics are??? :confused:
Do you know how to email them? If so, let me know and I'll tell you my email addy and I see what I can do, maybe I can put them online in our homepage for a moment so we can all see how your furkids look like :)

wayne0214
09-09-2002, 08:20 AM
I am going to try something else. now, I cannot bring up any pictures. I may have lost the whole thing.

wayne0214
09-09-2002, 09:03 AM
I will have to pay someone to come over here and show me how to do it. Until then, I'm utterly lost and angry, I'd be best to leave it alone.

...............wayne

wayne0214
09-09-2002, 09:28 AM
Randi, I appreciate all that you intend to do. My cats are acting unusual today and have been since early this morning, they won't leave me alone, epecially when I'm on the keyboard. If you please I will wait until there is a more opportune time, and besides, I am not up to par today. It is best I stop. Thanks

...............wayne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Wayne, don't know if this will help, but first of all you need to know where the picture is on your computer. What file it's in and what it's called. Then go to Imagestation.com (http://www.imagestation.com), set up an account and follow the instructions to upload pictures. You will need to know where it is on your computer first though. Once it is up on Imagestation, right click on it and "Properties" should be the last option. Click on that, highlight the address part, copy that by holding down the ctrl button and hitting "c". Then go to PT and click on IMG above where you type your message. An "http://" will automatically come up, but delete it and paste the address (ctrl "v") from the picture. Click on OK. The address will show up in your post, and you won't be able to see the actual picture until you either preview the message or post it.

If you're not familiar with saving and finding files on your computer, that might be the hardest part. An easy way to find them is to remember what you named it when you saved it. The right click on "start." Left click on "find" and type in the name or part of the name, then be sure your hard drive is in the "Look in" space (hard drives are normally "C").

Hopefully some of this will help. I know it's frustrating, and we've all been there, but try again when you and the furkids have calmed down a bit. Computers can be extremely frustrating when they don't do what you want them to - but don't throw it out the window. ;) :D Next thing you know you'll be posting pictures like a pro. :)

Oh, and instead of paying somebody....I know you're new to the area, but if you know someone who has teenagers, see if you can get one of them to come over and show you. Seems kids these days are born whizzes on computers. :)

wayne0214
09-11-2002, 06:27 AM
Tahnks all for your input. I have a notion to ask someone at church to come over and help. The main problem is that I do not know much about these computers, and I have had no formal training on them. Monday, my furkids were sensing my frustration and anger because they would not leave me alone. I had 5 of them all hanging around me and in front of the screen. Plus the fact of my not feeling up to par.

...............wayne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
Tahnks all for your input. I have a notion to ask someone at church to come over and help. The main problem is that I do not know much about these computers, and I have had no formal training on them. Monday, my furkids were sensing my frustration and anger because they would not leave me alone. I had 5 of them all hanging around me and in front of the screen. Plus the fact of my not feeling up to par.

...............wayne

Another suggestion, Wayne, since you're new to the area, maybe check out one of the local colleges or schools or park districts. Maybe they have some computer courses you could take, and that would also introduce you to some computer literate people who might be glad to help you after the class is over. Or go to the local library, maybe one of the librarians can help.

Even if you don't take a course, one of the things that I might do is go to the local high school, shortly after classes are out, when you know the teacher will still be there. Explain what you're trying to do, and more than likely the teacher will either be glad to help, or will suggest a student that could help. I don't know how old you are, but I picture you as retired (I have no idea why) and I would think the teacher or someone at the school would be more than happy to help you learn more about the computer.

Good luck, and do keep us posted so we can help as much as we can. :)

NoahsMommy
09-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Wayne,

Did you figure out how to email your pictures? If not, maybe I can help. Go in to your email and begin with a new message. After you have typed out what you want, and have filled in the address field, click on something that looks like a paperclip. That will direct you to your computers drives and folders. Usually, pictures are saved in a C: drive. Look for that and then you can look futher for where your picture is. After you select the picture file you want, you can select "OK" or double click and it'll attach to your email. If you don't have that paper clip thing, click on "Insert" at the top of your email and select "File", them do the same thing as above by locating your file from your folders.

If you aren't sure where your picture is, but can get to it someway on your computer, open it and right-click the photo. Select "properties" and look for something that will resemble this format: C:My Documents/Pictures/Noah
The / means you are searching in a folder...so my picture would be in the C: drive, inside a "My Documents" folder, then inside a "Pictures" folder within the previous folder and finally, my picture is called "Noah".

Does that make any sense? Pleae feel free to email or PM me for any help.

I cant wait to see your babies!! :D