PDA

View Full Version : Paizly's getting spayed....ALL DONE. Whew!

Taz_Zoee
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I thought it wasn't going to be until NEXT Thursday, but there was a miscommunication with leaving voice messages back and forth.
So here it is, BOOM, tomorrow.
I'm sure she'll be fine, but it's always scary when they go under like that.
And she is so darn little!! :eek:

So I must again, ask for good thoughts for my baby tomorrow.

Thank you! :)

Moesha
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh Paizly! You are growing up so quickly! I am sure all will turn out well with your surgery and you'll be a new woman in no time!

phesina
09-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Prayers and good, loving, healing thoughts and energies are being sent to you and Paizly as she becomes a woman!

catmandu
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
AND PAIZLY :)WONT BE ALONE AS THE PET ANGEL ARMY HOPSITAL VISITORS SQUAD WILL BE THERE WITH TREATS FROM THE LAS VEGAS BUFFETS TO KEEP HER COMPANY, AND THEY WILL MAKE SURE THAT PAIZLY:love: HAS FUN UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES!!!:love::cool::D

lvpets2002
09-10-2008, 04:41 PM
:love: Oh my Paizly its just about your bigg day.. You will be a bigg girl now after spayed.. Good Luck & Prayers being sent.. Let us know how you are doing ok..

Karen
09-10-2008, 06:16 PM
She'll be fine, mom, try not to worry too much!

A kiss on her "lightning bolt" for me, okay?

Medusa
09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
You got it! Prayers and positive thoughts going up for Paizly and you, too. :)

momtomany
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Prayers for Paizly and her fur momma that they both will be fine.

kimlovescats
09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Awww, precious little Paizly will be just fine! :love:

Emeraldgreen
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Prayers going out for beautiful little Miss Paizley for her big day! By this time tomorrow you'll be so relieved because it will all be done. :)

Taz_Zoee
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Thank you everyone. I hope I can get some sleep tonight. Especially after not feeling too good this week. I'll post in the morning when I get to work, but I may not be able to post tomorrow night. If I do, it will be VERY late. I have an appointment tomorrow night. So Daddy will be on Paizly patrol. ;)

Catty1
09-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Little Paizley is growing up! :-D

Your Daddy will get you from the white coats, and you will see your Mom very soon after!

Prayers and good thoughts that all goes well!:love:

Taz_Zoee
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Ok, dropped her off this morning. We sat in the car for a couple minutes because we got there a bit early. I let her out of the carrier and she was standing on my lap when another car pulled up and a woman was getting her poodle puppy out. At the same time an ARF employee was walking across the parking lot. Paizly was watching intently and began shaking. :( I wanted to put her in the carrier and take her back home.
But when we got inside there was a man (not sure if he is a volunteer or not) greeting us and he was great with the animals. Talking to them and everything. That made me feel good. :)
Now, I just can't wait until 4pm to go get her!!! IF I get to go get her, not sure who is picking her up yet.

Anikaca77
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Pray's being sent that everything goes well with Paizly!

CultureJunky
09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Good Luck with your operation Paizly, we are all thinking of you on PT! Lots of loves and cuddles coming your way :love:

jazzcat
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
It's hard, isn't it. I'm sure she will be fine though.

cassiesmom
09-11-2008, 01:53 PM
thoughts and prayers for Paizly :love:

Randi
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Sending lots of good thoughts that all goes well! :) I'll be looking for an update tomorrow.

pitc9
09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Thinking of Paizly!
It's 5:00, so I'm sure she's done and may even be home already!

Taz_Zoee
09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Thinking of Paizly!
It's 5:00, so I'm sure she's done and may even be home already!

Well, unfortunately it's only 2:15 here. And we do not pick her up until between 4:00 and 5:00. So I still have a couple hours to wait. And Bruce is able to go get her, so I won't see her until late tonight since I have an appt after work. :( But he has been told to call me as soon as he gets her!!!
I'm guessing no news is good news, I haven't heard from the clinic. I'm sure she's done and just in recovery right now.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. And I'll update tonight when I get home. :)

shais_mom
09-11-2008, 06:28 PM
how is the leeetle Fart doing now?
:eek:

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Ahhh, sorry for not updating sooner. I just got home and saw her. She is still a little groggy. When she shakes her head she falls over and she has fallen over on her back end a couple of times if she attempts to walk too fast. The paper work said this could last for the first night or up to 24 hours. Is this true for others? This is the first female cat I've had spayed. The only other indoor cat I've had fixed was Taz 13 years ago!
It's like when we first got her all over again. I don't want to let her out into the entire house because Zoee will want to play with her. So she might be prisoner in her room again for a week. :( But I'm sure Bruce will bring her in the office with him while Zoee is outside. And I'll be home with her this weekend, so I'll let her out of her room with close supervision.

But I'm so glad this is all over. I just want her back to normal. I couldn't even get a mew out of her for the first 10 minutes I was home. And even now she's hardly mewwing.

Well thanks again for all the good thoughts, they worked. And now I'm going to go shower and spend a little more time with my baby, then it's off to bed for me. :)

shais_mom
09-12-2008, 12:35 AM
good to know! :D
poor sweet thing...
pics please! :D

kimlovescats
09-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Awww, glad to hear she is home safe and sound! She'll sleep it off tonight and will be back to normal but maybe in a bit of pain tomorrow! I hope the vet sent home some pain meds?

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Nope, no pain meds. It looks like they only give pain meds to dogs. :confused: If she's in a lot of pain I'll call my vet though.

Ok, I do have some cute pix I took a while ago. I'll try to get those posted soon. And I'll make sure to take tons this weekend. :D

kimlovescats
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Yea, I think you are right. I was given some with Betina recently but never with the cats. Doesn't seem fair does it?:confused:

I'll look forward to pictures!:)

Medusa
09-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Aw, glad to hear she came through it safely. I'm sure she'll be just fine. I should be so lucky to have any of my Fur Posse groggy after surgery. They've all been rarin' to go afterwards! I'm surprised at no pain meds, though. My vet always gave me some for my cats and he gave them a shot for pain, too. Maybe your vet felt that a pain shot was enough?

kt_luvs_kitties
09-12-2008, 06:46 AM
I am so glad she is ok, and yes it is normal for her to be a little "off" and "wobbly" for a couple of days. No worries!

Also, wanted to add: I would have been GLAD to think it was at a later date, and then find out... Would save me the days of worrying!;)

I prayed for her yesterday, I just did not have time to post. Had a couple of not so great days, and just really busy. PLEASE give her a gentle kissy from me!:)

Moesha
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Has Paizly returned to more normal behavior?

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Has Paizly returned to more normal behavior?

Yes, thanks for asking. :D
In fact, we keep trying to figure out how to keep a 4 month old kitten from jumping and running. We are keeping it down by not letting Zoee play with her. But she still runs and jumps on her own, even just in her own room.
But yes, she has been cuddling up with me tonight and that makes me so happy!! :D :D My baby is back!!