PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning to think I'm getting senile along w/Puddy

Medusa
09-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Yesterday, as I was in the vet's office picking up Puddy's Epogen syringes, I noticed that the women at the front desk were all looking at me rather oddly. After a few minutes of this I thought "What ARE they looking at?" So, when I went out to my car, I looked in my mirror and got my answer. When I was applying my makeup yesterday morning, I put my light green under eyeliner on as lip liner and my reddish brown lip liner under my eyes. I looked like I had been on an all night drunk and then got sick. I am so sleep deprived that I didn't even notice what I was doing while I was applying my makeup. I was going to call the vet's office and explain myself but I thought better of it and decided to leave well enough alone. :rolleyes:

Catty1
09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't know whether to laugh or {{{HUG}}} you!

Does Puddy's tapping around at night keep you awake? You gotta get some sleep, sweetie!

Are there earplugs light enough to dull the tapping sound, but enable you to hear important stuff?

Puddy is doing a little better now, so I hope you can sleep a bit more. (Loved your LES post in Cat Health! Your Puddy loves you and wants you to know she is ok.:love::love:)

pitc9
09-10-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm sure they understand! Gawd knows we do! :D

pomtzu
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
OMG - too funny!!! I needed a good laugh today - sorry it was at your expense! :D

Emeraldgreen
09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh my gosh! That is kind of funny. One of those moments you'll look back on and laugh at for sure! But sleep deprivation is not good. You do need to get a better night's sleep. I think Candace's idea of earplugs is a good one. But you probably want to be able to hear what is happening with your your Puddy tat. ;)
Can you take a couple of power naps during the day to make up for lost hours at night? Hoping things get better really soon. :)

Husky_mom
09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
GO rocker/punk lady!! woo!! ... LOL... I laughed so much... sorry about that... but it was just too funny...

Taz_Zoee
09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh Mary, I want to laugh, but I'm sure you don't think it's very funny. But you will eventually. You poor thing.
Yes, losing sleep is not good. That is what I've been having a problem with this week. But hopefully I'm good now. I slept almost 12 hours last night. So I'd better be good now. It wasn't solid sleep, but it helped.

I hope you can get some sleep soon. Maybe make a bed on the bathroom floor with Puddy, that might make her feel better too. And I mean only for naps, not all night. Unless you could handle it.

Well, I have to go get caught up on Puddy's thread.......

Medusa
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Oh I laughed about it, actually. I'm sure that when I left the vet's office, they all laughed, too. The way they looked at me, I thought maybe I had a bat in the cave, if you know what I mean. I do have earplugs to help me sleep but I'm like a new mother w/Puddy. I want to be sure I hear her if she needs me. Glad you all had a good chuckle. Sure, make fun of the ol' blonde lady. Uh huh. See how you are? ;)

jazzcat
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
maybe I had a bat in the cave, if you know what I mean.
OMG, does that mean a booger? ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!! I almost peed my pants on that one. I'm writing it down so I can remember it for future use!!!

PS - I'm writing it down because I'm so senile I have to have a notes to help me remember things. :rolleyes:

Medusa
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm writing it down because I'm so senile I have to have a notes to help me remember things. :rolleyes:

Uh huh. Now you're officially a member of the senile cat lady club. ;)

RICHARD
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
To paraphrase a political figure,
"It's like putting lipstick on an eyelid"!

Medusa
09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
To paraphrase a political figure,
"It's like putting lipstick on an eyelid"!

If I wasn't so senile, I'd resemble that remark. ;)

Twisterdog
09-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I went to work with one navy blue shoe and one black shoe on once. This was when I had a real job as a financial analyst, mind you. LOL

Randi
09-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Giggles here too. :D

You really need to get some sleep, it's SO important! I've had problems with lack of sleep too, sometimes, and when I've been really tired, I've "seen" shadows moving around, as if it was Fister running past.

You have got to promise... no make up when you're that tired! ;)

Medusa
09-11-2008, 06:39 AM
You have got to promise... no make up when you're that tired! ;)

I hereby solemnly swear....;) I must have looked like a cross between Mrs. Bates in Psycho and Ozzie Osborne. :eek:

Medusa
09-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I bought a new litterbox for Her Highness and took it to the basement as usual and filled it w/litter, forgetting temporarily that it was to go upstairs. When I realized what I had done, I locked the lid on and carried it up the basement stairs through the hallway and started up to the next floor. Halfway up, do I need to tell you what happened, a cat decided to race me up the stairs and tripped me. So it was either fall down the stairs or let go of the litterbox. I let go of the litterbox. Sigh. It took me over an hour to clean up the mess. New berber carpet runner on the stairs now has been initiated into the Fur Posse household. I don't have a wet/dry shop vac so I had to use my regular vacuum cleaner and be careful so that it didn't overheat or explode the bag. Plus, while I was cleaning up the mess, I looked to my left and there was Pidge in my office, taking a dump. She's never done that EVER. I fear I have a mewtiny on my hands. The house is on red alert; there isn't a cat to be found anywhere. They know Mom is dangerous right now. I got up extra early today because I have a lot to do and no clients scheduled, thank goodness. Can you imagine walking in to that scene? So I guess I'll hint to my son that I need a wet/dry shop vac for Xmas. Gone are the days when suitors gave me jewelry and roses. I guess it's tools and gift cards to Pet Supplies Plus from now on. :(:rolleyes:

gini
09-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh I laughed about it, actually. I'm sure that when I left the vet's office, they all laughed, too. The way they looked at me, I thought maybe I had a bat in the cave, if you know what I mean. I do have earplugs to help me sleep but I'm like a new mother w/Puddy. I want to be sure I hear her if she needs me. Glad you all had a good chuckle. Sure, make fun of the ol' blonde lady. Uh huh. See how you are? ;)

Yeah, but you have Abdullah, and I don't........so don't give me that blond lady stuff!:D

pomtzu
09-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I love your sense of humor and how you have managed to retain it in the face of adversity.............:D:love:

Medusa
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I love your sense of humor and how you have managed to retain it in the face of adversity.............:D:love:

Oh yeah, I'm laughin'.....:rolleyes: