PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Labs

slleipnir
09-08-2002, 12:18 PM
I was visiting my Aunt this weekend, and on the way home, we stopped in at her son's house for breakfast. He owns this sweet Yellow Lab girlie. When she 1st sees you, shes goes almost crazy, like she hasen't seen people in like 10 years, all squirmy and such. God, shes such a sweety!! Anyway, she has this green/black spot on her head, and I was thinking I've seen that on a lot of yellow labs before..does anyone know what it's from? Or what it is?

Karen
09-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Where on her head?

AdoreMyDogs
09-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Odd. I have no idea, as I have never seen any labbies with green/black spots on their heads. I had a yellow labbie for 13 years and he had a yellow head :)

I honestly have no idea what that is that you saw...maybe there's a certain fungus that is more common in your area?

slleipnir
09-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Its just a small mark, I think just one. Its kinda on her forehead or something. Her mother has it too, and I remember a while ago I saw another YL with the same thing..

tatsxxx11
09-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Hmmmmmm?? Can't say I ever saw that either! But the Labbie sounds like a real cutie. Love how they wiggle and squirm!!:D And know well I know THIS routine........."MOM, where ya been; you've been gone FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Cookiebaker
09-08-2002, 04:15 PM
The first day we had Malone, he ran under the car and didn't want to come out 'cause he wanted to stay in the shade. When we finally got him out, he had gotten grease all over his forehead, which took a couple of days to come out. Could it be something like that???

slleipnir
09-08-2002, 05:55 PM
No, she was born with it..Er..I think my cousin is coming down sometime, I'll see if he'll bring a picture then I can show ya'll what I mean. She is such a sweety though :D

Kfamr
09-08-2002, 06:07 PM
How old is the lab?

I know my aunt's labbie girl has a spot on her head when she was a pup, from the mother licking her head in the one spot. Maybe that's it? The spot she had, turned into white fur insead of the normal yellowish color.

slleipnir
09-08-2002, 07:04 PM
She's 1 or so. She's purebred also, another thing is, I've only seen it on purebred yellow labs. Its a small greenish black spot, I think too small and round to be from licking, also, she was born with it..I was thinking it was something bred into the dogs or something, but I wasn't sure what..or why..