PDA

View Full Version : help identifly my dog's breed!!

khriztian704
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
hi I have recently got this dog as a gift form my mother in law..... the thing is that i don't know what breed is it.... I have a picture here i think he is half german shepherd and the rest don't know.... also one more thing why does he has black spot on his tounge???

how can i put my dogs picture here???? sorry about this

Karen
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
There's a good picture-posting tutorial here! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7406)

khriztian704
09-10-2008, 05:36 AM
well i couldn't figure it out but i put the picture as my profile picture.....
hope that helps...

Karen
09-10-2008, 11:18 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?u=26492&dateline=1221042337&type=profile

Here's the picture, folks!

How old is the pup?

Maybe German Shepherd/Chow Chow? It's hard to tell right now, but it sure is one cute puppy!

Husky_mom
09-10-2008, 11:20 AM
such a cutie... love those ear feathers!!... will take a second look to guess ;)

on a side note: do you have a photobucket account?... youīll just need to upload them there and then copy paste the text where it says IMG... it shows like four kinds but itīs the very last one... you just paste it here as if you were typing and it should show up...

or

if you donīt you can attach the pic... a lil below to were you type in test to post thereīs a clickable button that says managa attachments there you just look for where the file is in your comp... click upload then close when done and just submit the post

khriztian704
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
ok here is another pic thank for the tip... he is only 13 weeks now. I've seen pictures of german shepherd mix with chow and they look more fluffly then mine. ... .. I know it might be hard to tell but what is the chance that his ears stand up?? i sure want his ears to stand up....

Karen
09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Gosh, what an adorable puppy! There is a chance that his ears may stand up, at least part way, but I wouldn't put money one way or the other at this point.

IRescue452
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Shepherd and golden retriever perhaps. Or more than likely a mix of several breeds (shepherd, chow, retriever, husky, beagle, rottweiler).

Keep in mind a black spot doesn't necessarily mean chow or shar pei. Purebreds of all kinds can have black spots on their tongues. I've seen it in many different breeds. Its kinda like the white chest and feet that can show up on all breeds, because they all have the gene that creates this when it defaults, but makes people think they are mixed.

lvpets2002
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
:love: Such a Cutie Pie this pup is.. Yes for sure shepard & chow chow.. Welcome you both to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics..

Husky_mom
09-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I donīt think his ears will stand up... but heīs so cute with floppy ears!!..

although in shepherds is common to have floppy ears almost until 6 months then raising them up

he sure is a cutie.. I kinda saw Akita too... but a shepherd/chow is a good guess