PDA

View Full Version : Women Candidate Double Standards

lizbud
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Seems some critizisms are true or false based on who's doing the talking.

What's wrong for some women are virtues in others.:rolleyes:

For example...............

Pretty funny take on Palin & the "double standard" of GOP advisers. Watch
how the words spoken can come back to haunt you sometimes.:D

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086

Grace
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I watched that video last night - totally cracked me up!!

These pundits, on all sides, really need to be careful what they say.

And Dick Morris - what a loser! Isn't he the one who got photographed sucking his lover's toes on a balcony - yuck!!

Catlady711
09-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I think with anything (politics or celeberities) we should keep something in mind. If WE had to live in a fishbowl, under constant scruitiny and have everyone keep a record of everything we've ever said/written regardless of the circumstances, then we too might fall under this same catagory. Something to think about.

RICHARD
09-09-2008, 04:43 PM
And Dick Morris - what a loser! Isn't he the one who got photographed sucking his lover's toes on a balcony - yuck!!

THe one thing I have to look forward to in my old age.

Becoming a Dick.:confused:;)

lizbud
09-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I think with anything (politics or celeberities) we should keep something in mind. If WE had to live in a fishbowl, under constant scruitiny and have everyone keep a record of everything we've ever said/written regardless of the circumstances, then we too might fall under this same catagory. Something to think about.

Huh? :confused: Did you watch the gender/political conflict going on in the video? Sort of a one side is ALL bad and the other side is ALL good.

Sounds hypocritical to me.

Grace
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
A really good piece by Anna Quindlen in the latest issue of NEWSWEEK. Goes along with the theme of this topic.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157543/output/print

lizbud
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
A really good piece by Anna Quindlen in the latest issue of NEWSWEEK. Goes along with the theme of this topic.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157543/output/print

Excellent article and sooooo true.:D Thanks for sharing it here.

Catlady711
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Huh? :confused: Did you watch the gender/political conflict going on in the video? Sort of a one side is ALL bad and the other side is ALL good.

Sounds hypocritical to me.

I did not watch the video. I try to avoid the frustration of dealing with media politics.

I was simply responding to this specific part of your original post and based on alot of things I've heard people talking about lately along the same lines.

Pretty funny take on Palin & the "double standard" of GOP advisers. Watch how the words spoken can come back to haunt you sometimes.:D

Puckstop31
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
The only constant in life is change.

Liz, are you one of those angry butch feminists? LOL ;)

:D

(VERY tounge in cheek, so relax.)

Grace
09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
The only constant in life is change.

Liz, are you one of those angry butch feminists? LOL ;)

:D

(VERY tounge in cheek, so relax.)

I'm not Liz, but I think that is a very insulting remark - tongue in cheek or not. You could have said nothing and left it at that.

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh Liz....THANK YOU!! I haven't had time to watch Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert for a few weeks and I have missed them so much.

What a fabulous clip. It should be required watching for everyone!

Karen
09-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Even though this is The Doghouse, people should be respectful. No name-calling!

Having met Lizbud in person, I can assure you she is not an angry person! She was, at the time, mildly annoyed by the Indianapolis traffic she had to endure to get to the Pet Talk gathering, (silly people hold the Indy500 on the same date as our gathering) but that was it!

Grace
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
An article from the Washington Post - :):):):):):) - seems someone is unprepared.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090801907.html?nav%3Dhcmodule&sub=AR

Puckstop31
09-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Good grief people... I WAS KIDDING.

Why are all you lefty women so ANGRY all the time?

A Karen, I did not CALL her a name. I asked a question, IN JEST.

Grace, Lizbud... I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. But come on, do you all hate me that much that I can't even TRY to lighten up? What if say, ES, said the same thing, would you still have been insulted?

Puckstop31
09-10-2008, 08:13 AM
An article from the Washington Post - :):):):):):) - seems someone is unprepared.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090801907.html?nav%3Dhcmodule&sub=AR

I gotta agree here.

I still can't wait for them to turn her loose.

Grace
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
What if say, ES, said the same thing, would you still have been insulted?

Absolutely!!

lizbud
09-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Good grief people... I WAS KIDDING.

Grace, Lizbud... I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. But come on, do you all hate me that much that I can't even TRY to lighten up? What if say, ES, said the same thing, would you still have been insulted?

Oh please.:rolleyes: It would take more than name calling to shut me up.

Sorry to quash your dreams but I am nothing like you imagine me to be.
Why did you want to know, having those strange fantasies again?:D

p.s. If you have run out of logical arguments about the subject at hand, you can
always log off.

RICHARD
09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Hmmmm,

Sexism?

You can put lipstick on a pig, woman governor, hockey mom or pitbull.

THe old line goes, You'll just get the pig irritated and chances are you'll get effed up pretty seriously.

------------

I love the fact that most of the people who didn't approve of Hillary Clinton even thinking about becoming the president, thought she was a biatch.

Then all you silly women jump on the bandwagon regarding JM saying, "How do we beat the biatch?". I like the directness of the statement. It's not some stuttering fool on soapbox who can barely think and speak at the same time.

Bo proabably wasn't thinking about any woman in particular. Palin, his wife or the millions of woman who regularly apply some 'stick.

He wasn't thinking about a particular PT member who sleepily applied her lip liner to her eyelids......I KID, I KID!;)

I think we should link the 'beat that biatch' statement to JM and abuse. I mean he wanted to beat her? RIGHT?

The intolerance and stupidity of the candidates, the media and the small group of the population that hear but don't listen, read and don't see and think, but cannot make a separation of what sounds like fact and fantasy, make this a politcal season to end all seasons.

Even I have become weary of poking fun at the 'grownups' wanting to be the "Biggest Boss to ever boss the world around".

The fun is in watching people run around like morons after they get chunked in the head with a piece of hail and proclaim, The sky is falling.

Half of us will make a choice in November- the winning side.THe other side will cry foul, whine and want justice.

I am ready in both cases.....I'll still be laughing.

Karen
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
What annoys me about the latest non-brouhaha was, what - Sarah Palin makes one comment about lipstick, and suddenly all lipstick now theoretically belongs to her in the realm of politics?

Gimme a break. As I heard a farmer say on the radio this afternoon, you can TRY to put lipstick on a pig, but they think it's a yummy treat, so good luck NOT having the lipstick eaten out of your hand!

I swear, this season, the political media is worked into a frenzy that any little thing gets blown all out of proportion.

Listen, there's plenty of time between now and the election. Can we have the entire political media sent to a corner for a nice three-day "time out"? Wouldn't that be nice?

Puckstop31
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh please.:rolleyes: It would take more than name calling to shut me up.

My my.. . Somebody thinks mighty highly of themselves. I wasn't trying to shut you up, I always enjoy hearty debate.

Sorry to quash your dreams but I am nothing like you imagine me to be.
Why did you want to know, having those strange fantasies again?:D

What a shocker.... The humor is lost on you.

p.s. If you have run out of logical arguments about the subject at hand, you can
always log off.

<comes down to THIS level>

"Yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad."

Give me a break Liz. Get over yourself. All the logic in the world won't matter to you. You are clearly entrenched into one side of the world. I thought you lefties were supposed to be open minded? AND FUN.

lizbud
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Absolutely!!

Yes Grace, but you & I also both know that ES is a grownup, so it would
never be an issue.:D

RICHARD
09-10-2008, 07:06 PM
What annoys me about the latest non-brouhaha was, what - Sarah Palin makes one comment about lipstick, and suddenly all lipstick now theoretically belongs to her in the realm of politics?

The bright side is now we have brought glamour, glitz and SUPERMODELS into the mix,

Now we have to teach them HOW TO USE A VOTING MACHINE!:cool:

Puckstop31
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes Grace, but you & I also both know that ES is a grownup, so it would
never be an issue.:D

LOL

ROFLMAO

LOL

Never have I known more self centered people in my life. (This is saying a lot, I have been blessed with being very well traveled.)

And I and the "child".

HA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Keep on with the arrogance. PLEASE. You think you are clever, but you only keep on proving who your really are.

(This is the part where you say something childish and do a :rolleyes: at me.)

RICHARD
09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Listen, there's plenty of time between now and the election. Can we have the entire political media sent to a corner for a nice three-day "time out"? Wouldn't that be nice?

I read, with some satisfaction, that one of the worst commentators was told to stay at home for the election night coverage.

Keith Olberman was canned from the MSNBC presidential election night coverage because he was critical that NBC, sister station to MSNBC, played a video clip from the Republican Convention.

Knowing the way he reacts to small things in the media he has no control over, he must have busted an artery when that happened.

I like it.