PDA

View Full Version : My boyfriend Abdullah

Medusa
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
He's baaaack! He emailed me and said that I'm the only one he can trust. Wow, that's amazing seeing that we've never met and I've never replied to one of his emails. I'm so flattered. Guess I'm gonna have to send him the joke email that Candace posted in Doghouse a few months ago. That really got rid of a lot of the pesky emails.

Catty1
09-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Abdullah? THAT Abdullah???? WHY, that SNEAKY NO-GOOD TWO-TIMER!!!!!:p:D

RICHARD
09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Girl Fight!!!!

:d

gini
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh Mary, I am so jealous! For heavens sake - what do you have that I don't have? (nothing like leaving yourself wide open:D)

Well, you can have him - so there!

Medusa
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh Mary, I am so jealous! For heavens sake - what do you have that I don't have? (nothing like leaving yourself wide open:D)

Well, you can have him - so there!

Hey, some of us gots it and some of us.....:rolleyes:

Emeraldgreen
09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Mary, Candace, I didn't want to have to tell you this but, Abdu (that's what I call him for short) has been contacting me for quite some time. I have given him the cold shoulder over and over again but his determination is something else. I think we need to face it, he's here to stay and we're going to have to learn to 'share' him. LOL!!!! :D
Seriously, why will my spam filter not shut this guy down?!?!

I'm thinking of changing my email to one that starts with q, y or z. I found this online today:

"Analyzing more than 500 million spam messages, it was identified that email addresses starting with the letter ‘a’, ‘m’, ‘s’, ‘r’ or ‘p’ received 40% of the spam. In contrast, those that began with ‘q’, ‘y’ or ‘z’ got around 20% or less."

lvpets2002
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
:eek: Oh No Not the One & Only Abdullah!! Mmnn Now How Much Lottery is he Trying to get you to Buy??

Medusa
09-09-2008, 01:22 PM
:eek: Oh No Not the One & Only Abdullah!! Mmnn Now How Much Lottery is he Trying to get you to Buy??

Well, I already won the lottery, if you'll recall. LOL This time he just says that he needs to confide in me because I'm the only one he can trust. It did go to my Spam Folder but I couldn't resist reading it.

slick
09-09-2008, 02:46 PM
LOLOLOLOL
I just got sucked in. I started to read from the top and thought "Wow, Mary's got a boyfriend. Good on her." Since I don't get much time on here anymore I figured that I missed a thread or two.

:rolleyes::D:D

lvpets2002
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
:p Oh yow thats right you already won the lottery.. Mmm let me guess he wanted to confide with trusting you for how & where to spend all this lottery.. Yow Right.. :D
Well, I already won the lottery, if you'll recall. LOL This time he just says that he needs to confide in me because I'm the only one he can trust. It did go to my Spam Folder but I couldn't resist reading it.

sasvermont
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Gosh, do you think he has more than just US on his email list?

Medusa
09-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Gosh, do you think he has more than just US on his email list?

Nooooo. He seems like a really honest fellow.

Husky_mom
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
good fellow??... sad to be the bearer of bad news but he has emailed me too :( ... I feel so used... :p ...

phesina
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Just who and what IS this person? I guess I missed whatever conversations about him there have been in the past.

Medusa
09-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Just who and what IS this person? I guess I missed whatever conversations about him there have been in the past.

Heh heh...he's one of my many suitors from Nigeria. He and/or one of his "brothers" were sending me spam email almost daily, telling me that they had an unclaimed fortune that, if I would just be an emissary for them, that they would give me a large percentage of said fortune, which just happened to be in the millions. That didn't work on me so now Abdullah is trying another con, er, uh, rather, I mean approach.

Husky_mom
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM

LOL.. it΄s just a spam email telling you you won the lottery or that some people in africa died and you are the one to claim the fortune.. LOL... they just need soem info from you in order to "tranfer" the money to you... yeah right.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
09-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Heh heh...he's one of my many suitors from Nigeria. He and/or one of his "brothers" were sending me spam email almost daily, telling me that they had an unclaimed fortune that, if I would just be an emissary for them, that they would give me a large percentage of said fortune, which just happened to be in the millions. That didn't work on me so now Abdullah is trying another con, er, uh, rather, I mean approach.

... You're not only the one! I've been getting odd emails like that from Ireland or the UK. LOL

Barbara
09-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Do you know that this scam orginiated from pre-e-mail times. I got a letter like that in my company about 15 years ago.
And I read an article in a magazine some years ago that explained how many people really fell for it. They tell you to transfer all these millions from Nigeria you have to give them a little money (like 5000 Dollar:eek:) to bribe some people. And people paid it. Then next time they need a little more. And people continue to throw good money after bad money.
I read about a business man who even travelled to Lagos to get his money back. They brought him in a big bank and he spoke to a very honest person there- turns out there was a corrupt guy at the bank who rented his desk out for an hour to help with the scam!!!! You could write novels about these stories!

I never forget the good old saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch :D"

pomtzu
09-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I get at least 3 or 4 of these every day - from Nigeria, the UK among other places. I'm a multi-millionaire several times over every day. Wouldn't that be nice if it was real?????

Medusa
09-10-2008, 07:32 AM
It's bad enough that people think that they're going to claim a lot of money but they also give out their pertinent information. Many times these emails will include a form that they want me to complete which includes my bank account number, my routing number, etc. It's difficult to believe that people would fall for that but they must or the scam wouldn't continue.

Cinder & Smoke
09-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Do you know that this scam orginiated from pre-e-mail times?

I got a letter like that in my company about 15 years ago.

I never forget the good old saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch"
:D

I got a couple of those "original" real paper letters, too!! :cool:
Seems to me it was longer than 15 years ago ... but who's counting?

I remember showing it to 'Max' at the post office ... it had a "real" foreign
stamp and postmark; hand-addressed; "official" stationery; the real thing!
'Max' just >grinned< from ear-to-ear ... "Your first one, huh?"
She did her best to 'splain that they came in batches - and EVERYone got
one, sooner or later. "Toss it" was her suggested solution.

I called the Postal Inspectors to report that a 'Mail Scam' was afoot ---
call me back for the details!
A Postal Dude called back a day later ... all gung-ho and excited about my
"New Mail Scam" ... till I read him the letter. :(

He tried to be polite and sympathetic --- but his real suggestion was the
same as Max had given me - "Just toss it, and be happy you didn't reply."
And I thought I was 'special' ... :(

:D

Laura's Babies
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Gee whiz! Have I missed making a new friend by deleting all my spam without reading it?

I read a long detailed story about a guy who scammed THEM right back by leading them on that he was going to do everything they wanted him to do. It was the funniest thing I ever read and it went on for months!

Wonder what would happen if we started filling up their e-mail boxes with junk?

pomtzu
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Wonder what would happen if we started filling up their e-mail boxes with junk?

I tried that for a while. Didn't work! I've gotten 5 already today and it isn't even noon. :mad::mad::mad:

pomtzu
09-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok - it's six now today and this one had a totally different twist. I've never seen this one and it kinda pi$$ed me off too.
This was from an "American soldier" in Iraq. A large sum of money was found in a barrell outside one of Saddam's old palaces, so he and some others confiscated a share of it. His share is $2 million and is in a safe place and he wants me to help get it to the U.S. - of course I will be justly rewarded for my effort!!! And he doesn't feel badly about stealing it and this is just compensation for all he has been thru over there - being shot and wounded and a survivor of 2 suicide bomb attacks - and just last week his brother-in-law was killed in a roadside bomb attack.
Now this one really stoops lower than low in my book! :mad::mad:

Medusa
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Ok - it's six now today and this one had a totally different twist. I've never seen this one and it kinda pi$$ed me off too.
This was from an "American soldier" in Iraq. A large sum of money was found in a barrell outside one of Saddam's old palaces, so he and some others confiscated a share of it. His share is $2 million and is in a safe place and he wants me to help get it to the U.S. - of course I will be justly rewarded for my effort!!! And he doesn't feel badly about stealing it and this is just compensation for all he has been thru over there - being shot and wounded and a survivor of 2 suicide bomb attacks - and just last week his brother-in-law was killed in a roadside bomb attack.
Now this one really stoops lower than low in my book! :mad::mad:

Yes, I agree, that is low. I don't know if I've received that one because I hadn't gotten any in quite a while and I usually just emptied my spam folder w/out reading them. What disturbs me is that they obviously know that I'm an animal lover and I used to get email about helping them to get a little Yorkie out of the country, if I could just send money to this woman who just happened to be a minister's widow (good grief!). Otherwise the little innocent Yorkie was going to be PTS. I have all kinds of spyware on my pc but they obviously know that I shop online and/or post on PT.