PDA

View Full Version : Polydactyl Kittens

StarandBratsmom
09-08-2008, 10:02 AM
A few weeks ago I a friend of mine gave some polydactyl kittens to my uncle and he asked me to kittysit for them. They were very adorable, they had extra toes on each paw. They looked so big. Does anyone else here have polydactyl kittens?

Anikaca77
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeppers, I have one my sister rescued, he has I think 6 on the front and 7 on the back.

Here's a picture of him.

He's such a sweetie pie.

NoahsMommy
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes! My little girl Phoebe is polydactyl on both her front paws. I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE it, she's always been able to wrap her paws/tows around my fingers when we cuddle. It is by far the cutest thing in the world!!! :love: :love: :love:

Here she is...

(the first two are after her PINK "soft paw" pedicure!) :)

Medusa
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes! My little girl Phoebe is polydactyl on both her front paws. I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE it, she's always been able to wrap her paws/tows around my fingers when we cuddle. It is by far the cutest thing in the world!!! :love: :love: :love:

Here she is...

(the first two are after her PINK "soft paw" pedicure!) :)

My Puddy has 6 toes on her front paws.

Wow, that's the first time I've actually seen the soft paws on a cat; I've only heard of them but have never seen them. So, how do they keep them on whenever they want to sharpen their claws? I thought about getting them for my Creamsicle because lately she's regressed and has decided that she likes to sharpen her claws on my stair runner.

catmandu
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I LOVE SEEING MULTI TOED CATS AS I THINK THAT THEY LOOK AS THOUGH THEY ARE WEARING CATCHERS MITS!!!:cool::cool::love:
WE REALLY ENJOYED SEEING THOSE KITTENS WITH THIER BIG PAWS!!:love::love:

Catlady711
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Pooky has 7 toes on each front foot and 5 on each back foot for a total of 24 toes!! (normal cats have 5 on each front and 4 on each back). There were three in his litter of 8 that had the extra toes (not sure if Pooky's was the highest number though). I have his brother Bear who has the normal number of toes.

StarandBratsmom
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
LOL, I love the pictures guys. They are sooo cute.