PDA

View Full Version : Palin & book banning?

critters
09-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Sorry-I haven't read all the other political posts to see if this has been brought up. http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2008/09/07/breaking_news/doc48c1c8a60d6d9379155484.txt

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2008, 11:02 AM
It is sad, isn't it? I have read other articles about her attempts to ban books.

When people fear contrary ideas and words...we should fear them!

It's odd, isn't it? These people say they want less government yet they want the government telling us what we can't read.

In the article I read -- she asked for the resignation of all sorts of heads of departments as a "loyalty test" when she assumed office. I am not sure if that is part of her "bipartisanship" theory or not.

Puckstop31
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
The OP article is untrue.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986/page/3

This article was sourced from factcheck.org.

FACTS matter.

Lady's Human
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Puckstop, you beat me to it by a matter of seconds.

:p

Puckstop31
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Puckstop, you beat me to it by a matter of seconds.

:p

LOL I am stuck in the office today, taking a REALLY boring online class. I asked if I could just take the test... They said no. :(

So, I am just surfing the forums and passing time until I can take the test.

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/index.asp?layout=talkbackCommentsFull&talk_back_header_id=6553657&articleid=CA6593199

Lady's Human
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
THe article puckstop posted (and I was about to post) has citations supporting the arguments made in the article.

The piece you posted, ES, shows no backup for it's assertions. The links are just generic links to the front pages of the websites.

caseysmom
09-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Actually the article puckstop posted said that Palin questioned the librarian and they fired her, no actual books were banned however.

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2008, 12:00 PM
THe article puckstop posted (and I was about to post) has citations supporting the arguments made in the article.

The piece you posted, ES, shows no backup for it's assertions. The links are just generic links to the front pages of the websites.

It doesn't link to the Library Association article? Sorry.

I have read about it in the LA Times (quick...call that a liberal rag!) and TIME magazine. I am sorry to say I must work so I haven't time to find more articles.

What I do find very amusing is that this thread sat there all peaceful and quiet for a day...until I responded to it. You guys are so cute! (and so easy;) )

Lady's Human
09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Actually, ES, I was hoping this post would die as a thread.

I hate half truths posted as fact, without supporting evidence.

Frankly, I don't have a horse in this race, it irritates me just as much when people bring up Obama's Islamic faith.

What amuses me is that with all the mudslinging, Sen. Biden, who has a permanent case of foot in mouth disease, has been left untouched.

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
So you are telling me those librarians are lying. I always knew that! You just can't trust librarians!

When it comes to what happened a certain day in time...there are always as many stories as there are people who were there. I have no idea what link was posted that "disproves" it. But I have read others that suggest she did want to ban books.

What kind of evidence can there be? Or not be? What to believe or not believe? In my experience past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

So...I'm going with the librarians!:D