PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the wall...advice?

Catty1
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I have this office job, had it since January. It's ok, I work with friends who are mature and rational. One of them brought a memory problem of mine to my attention and mentioned that it was causing ongoing frustration for the two of them at the office. I was STUNNED, but found out within days that this has affected my jobs for at least the past 5 years. So while I am pursuing finding out what it is and getting maybe OT type help for it, we developed some coping strategies which I will start trying tomorrow (Monday).

OK. Normally I job share. My job share colleague is on 3 weeks holiday starting now...so instead of working 2 - 3 days a week, I'll be doing 5 straight for 3 weeks.

Cool. I am set to launch the press release for Prefurred Tenant Pet Resume next Wednesday. That may bring press response which a friend of mine will be handling.

AND a former boss has me doing a bit of transcription and typing, and I got a good payment today. I will continue doing this freelance ad hoc for as long as I want to, actually.

AAAAAAND a fellow at church has started his own "Need Computer Help?" business. I love doing stuff with computers, and told him to let me know if he needed anyone to do basic WIndows cleanups. He needs people NOW - and I haven't felt this excited in ages! So I have joined the company. But I can't really do anything for 3 weeks.

THEN I am still signed up for cleaning with my friend Irene. This was intended to help fund the Resume service and give me some extra cash. Didn't work out so well as the clients mostly wanted days that I was already working.

SOOOOO....if the ad hoc/Computer/Resume things pan out, the office job and cleaning have to go. But it is NOT going to be cut and dried right now.

Irene is already tired of ME being tired getting to cleaning jobs and sometimes having meltdowns at home because I don't have down time. She is facing surgery and will need backup. Not to mention that all the cleaning jobs are at least 1/2 hour away from where I live.

Office job - good wages and benefits, but after deductions, I am just squeaking by. Mom gives me a bit from my late Dad's pension every month.

Cleaning - too tired to care half the time. My memory problem has affected it also, and does drain Irene.

Ad hoc - freelance, and more on my own schedule. A task may need to be done by tonight or tomorrow, but I don't have to "punch in" at a certain time.

Computer work - great money. I will have to go into the city sometimes. But it is also something that interests me.

This is WAY TOO MUCH for one person to handle - so the office job and cleaning will have to go.

Does this sound ok to you?

Laura's Babies
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Sounds to me like you just have way to much on your plate and need to slow down. With all that going on, no wonder you are having memory problems.