PDA

View Full Version : Meet my new Meezers!

Vermontcat
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
It has been really quiet around here since my sweet Samantha went to the Rainbow Bridge. I knew I had to get another cat or two to fill the emptiness.
Because Samantha was such a special girl, I knew that she couldn't be replaced by just any kitty, it had to be the right kitty (or two!) My daughter and I visited the local shelter but none of those kitties felt right. I had always loved Siamese cats so I started the process of putting in an application for adoption with the Siamese Rescue Center. I found a really cute Snowshoe cat in Virginia but several other people were interested in her already and then there was the issue of a 10 hour transport if I did get her.

I had also checked Petfinder to see if there were any Siamese cats closer to me and I wasn't able to find what I was looking for there either. I decided to check the local newspaper listing online and I found an ad for Siamese cats right in my area. This was the same newspaper that I originally found an ad for free kittens in that I got Samantha from. I really think that Samantha wanted me to find this ad to find my two new kitties. I was looking for a pair of female Siamese cats that got along together. Could it be that the kitties I wanted were so close by. pretty much right under my nose? The answer is yes!

Last night we brought home our two new Siamese cats, a bonded mother and daughter pair named Milly and Izzy. Milly is a 3 year old Seal point and Izzy is a 2 year old Chocolate point with a bit of a fluffy tail. Their owners were moving to Florida and couldn't take all 7 of their cats with them. They did come with fleas and a big desire to be outside cats but we are working on getting them adjusted to living the good life here with us. They are two very beautiful girls and my whole family fell instantly in love with them. I am so happy that I found them with a little help from my Samantha Angel flying by the airport and finding them for me.

Here are my two new Meezer princesses, Izzy and Milly!:love::love::D

Izzy is on the left, Milly on the right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/meezers/izzymilly.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/meezers/izzymilly2.jpg

You can really see how poofy Izzy's tail is in this photo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/meezers/izzymilly3.jpg

They are still getting used to it here but are doing great so far. Izzy is such a lovebug and Milly is warming up to us too even though she really wants to be outside hunting right now!

I hope everyone likes my two new beautiful Meezer girls, you can expect a lot of photos of them in the future!

I'm sorry this is so long, it was hard to fit in their whole story in a few words.

Moesha
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I am so happy to hear that you've found two sweethearts to welcome into your home. It's so nice that you were able to take both of them and help their original people out. They will be the best taken care of pair of Meezers in Vermont! You can help them and they can help you heal. Looking forward to many more pictures!

Edwina's Secretary
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Welcome to Izzy and Milly!

Laura's Babies
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I got tears in my eyes looking at their pictures, the thought ran through my head "a match made in heaven!" They are both very lovely, exceptionally lovely! WOW! What luck for them, for you and for their former humans/servants. Yep, some 4 legged angel had a paw in that match!

shais_mom
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I hope everyone likes my two new beautiful Meezer girls, !

are you kidding?!
you should know that we will LOOOOVVVEEE THEM!!!
~~**swoons**~~
I Love them and am over the moon happy for you!!
welcome to Pet Talk girls
and welcome home -
but the fleas can GO!

Bengalz
09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh Happy Days!! Your little girls are just gorgeous and I'm so happy for you and your family:D Samantha was indeed a special little lady and completely irreplaceable. However, she was also a wise one to know that her meowmie would be so lonely without her and I agree, led you to Milly and Izzy. One cannot doubt fate;)

Congratulations and enjoy getting to know your new little family.:D

kimlovescats
09-07-2008, 11:21 PM
What? SAMANTHA PASSED AWAY????????? Nobody even told me!!:(:(:(

Scooter's Mom
09-07-2008, 11:25 PM
They're beautiful!
I'm so sorry their former humans couldn't take them with on the journey to Florida.... at least this way we get to watch them and they're not in the path of hurricanes.

Great job, Samantha angel, for helping meowmie find Izzy and Milly!

kitten645
09-07-2008, 11:29 PM
All I can say is my heart bursts with joy that Samantha found you suitable companions. More proof that the kitty angels make sure we are well taken care of. LES. Much love to all of you.
Clauida

Emeraldgreen
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
What a stunning pair Izzy and Milly are! I think it's so great that they have joined your family. It sounds like everybody needed each other and it is going to be a wonderful future for all.
I"m sure your Samantha had a hand (or paw ;)) in finding these beautiful girls to help you heal. :love:

Karen
09-08-2008, 01:04 AM
They are beyoootiful! Love that floofy tail, too. Welcome to Pet Talk, Izzy and Milly - and welcome to the good life in the home of VermontCat! :)

Barbara
09-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Samantha knew that she left pawprints far too big for one kitty- so obviously she sent two of the rambunctious kind:D Oh you will have so much fun in your house! Make sure you sent closer portraits- I want to see their faces.
Welcome Izzy and Milly:)

Medusa
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Breathtakingly beautiful little heartwarmers ya got there! Nothing eases heartache like a furkid and yours are too sweet. Welcome, Millie and Izzy! :)

Sonia59
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Welcome home lovely girls! This is a heartwarming thread. Dear Sam has sent them to you, no doubt. She didn't want to see her home empty ;)
We already love Milly and Izzy. And we wait for more pics :D

zippy-kat
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I :love:LOVE:love: them! Aren't they perfect?!

Izzy reminds me a bit of our RB Tinker when she was younger. Oh, and Miss Kiss and I are swooning over the pink & blue "necklaces." (K'Cee "came" with a blue collar but we then switched to "princess pink." ;) )

Are they talky? (Other than when wanting out, that is.) I wonder if they'll get more and more vocal as they get use to their surroundings.

My heart soars for you! I'm so happy you were able to adopt not one-but-two and I look forward to hearing about all the kitty antics..... especially when it comes time for THE CHRISTMAS TREEEEE!! :eek::D

sasvermont
09-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Zoe, it is so nice to see your new kitties. They seems to be settled in already. I suspect they will be fine spending the majority of their time inside. Wait til winter comes and they will be plastered to the heaters!

Congratulations on the adoption. Meezers often live for 20 years. They are a good, strong breed.

I am glad everything worked out for you and you were able to bring them home for the weekend.

I must come see them once they settle in, after a few days.
:love::):love:

Donnaj4962
09-08-2008, 08:20 AM
What beauties! Congratulations! I am sure Samantha would approve... and she is smiling down on you from her sunspot at the RB!

Looking forward tomore pictures of these two!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Congratulations to you and welcome to Milly & Izzy!!!

I believe that Samantha knew. She knew it was a good time for her to say goodbye since she knew there were kitties in need nearby.

Same thing happened with Peanut. Who could explain the coincidence of Peanut passing at the exact same time there was another perfect little princess looking for a good home right across the street from us?

Funny how these little furballs know exactly what we need and when we need it. ;)

ChrisH
09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh, my! They are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! :D

jazzcat
09-08-2008, 11:19 AM
They are beautiful!!!

I'm so happy that you found these two lovely ladies. I'm certain Miss Samantha had a hand in that. ;) I look forward to more pictures and more stories - that means POSTS MORE OFTEN! LOL.

Congratulations.

NoahsMommy
09-08-2008, 12:02 PM
What? SAMANTHA PASSED AWAY????????? Nobody even told me!!:(:(:(

I didn't know either! :( :( :( In tears for the second time today. I'm so sorry, honey. (((((((Hugs)))))

BUT.....I just love your beautiful meezers, Milly and Izzy!!! What a wonderful legacy for our/your darling, special Samantha! :love: :love: :love:

Hugs, Kelly :)

RedHedd
09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
They're gorgeous! I know Samantha had a helping paw in bring you to them and vice versa. Enjoy your beautiful new girls.

kimlovescats
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, congratulations to your beautiful new girls! They've found a wonderful home.

catlover4ever
09-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Congratulations and welcome to Pet Talk Milly and Izzy. :)

catmandu
09-08-2008, 05:40 PM
THATS SO GREAT THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO HELP, AND NOW YOU HAVE TWO MEEZERS:) OF YOUR VERY OWN!!!
AND WE KNOW THAT SAMANTHA THE BEWITCHING ANGEL :love:WILL BE PROUD TO BE GUARDIAN ANGEL TO IZZY:D AND MILLIE,:cool: AND IF THEY CAN HELP , THE FOUND CAT MEEZER ANGELS :love:WILL PUT THIER BEST PAWS FORWARD.
CONCATULATIONS ON TWO REAL BEAUTIES!!!:love::love:

cassiesmom
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Samantha Angel, thank you for your help! Welcome, Izzy and Milly Meezers! You are beautiful!

Killearn Kitties
09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Welcome to Milly and Izzy! :D I will look forward to lots of photos of these new beauties. They have certainly struck it lucky.

Vermontcat
09-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you everyone.

Barbara, I took some better close up photos of them yesterday because it was a nice sunny day and they were allowed in the new sunroom. I still need to pull them off the camera so I won't be able to post them yet.

Zippy-kat, I had to put collars on them when we got them home just in case they decided to escape and explore the neighborhood. I wrote their name and phone # on their collars so they would have ID on them if they did get out. So far they still run away from the door which is good, they are getting used to it here. Milly is pretty loud at night, she likes to look out all the windows and gets really restless and paces around a lot because she really wants to be outside hunting at night which she will not be allowed to do here like she did at her old home. Milly is going to take a little work, the other night she saw our neighbors cat outside the window and growled at him and she also hisses and swats at sweet Izzy sometimes, she reminds me of Sasvermont's Mad Miley sometimes when she growls and gets all grumpy when she doesn't get her way. Christmas will be interesting, we will have to keep the tree in a room with the door closed so they can't climb it. They have been getting pretty noisy at night when they explore the house.

Sas, I would love it if you could visit. Do you have some free time on Saturday or Sunday afternoon? You can help me work on their harness and leash training, they both flopped over and played dead when I tried the harnesses on them.

Barbara
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Sas, I would love it if you could visit. Do you have some free time on Saturday or Sunday afternoon? You can help me work on their harness and leash training, they both flopped over and played dead when I tried the harnesses on them.

Aaawww I'm jealous now ;)
Have to wait for he pics:)

CultureJunky
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
What a pair of gorgeous girls. Whenever I see Siamese it makes me sing 'we are si-a-meeese if you please' off Lady & The Tramp, hehe. They're lovely, and I'm so glad that you got rescues not ones from a breeder. I'm sure Samantha had a hand in all this, just like Jack had a hand in finding me my first ever job and it a boarding cattery too, having never worked before.
Our darlings do still visit and have an influence in our lives...well done Samantha, we're all proud of you on PT :love:

smokey the elder
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I see Samantha had a succession plan in place.:p Congratulations on the new arrivals!

jenluckenbach
09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I totally missed this thread!!!!! :eek::eek: But what joyous news! :D

The girls are spectacular! :love: :love: I think a PURRfect match has been made in heaven.

Felicia's Mom
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
They both are beautiful! Thank you Zoe, for giving them a new home.

heidiv
09-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Look At Them Aren't They Adorable!!!! Welcome Meezer Babies They Are Beautiful!!! Congrats Siamese Are The Best!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats!!!:D They're both gorgeous.:)

wolf_Q
09-11-2008, 12:21 AM
What beautiful cats! I've always loved siamese too (must be the blue eyes :o). I'm glad you've found such a wonderful pair. Congratulations!

Vio&Juni
09-11-2008, 06:19 AM
I knew it won't take long until you opened your heart to other kitties in need of a good home.

Milly and Izzy are very pretty :)

Logan
09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Zoe, this is very exciting!! :) I think your new girls are simply gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see their closeup pictures. I'm so glad you have two new girls to love. :love:

kimlovescats
09-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Isn't it about time for new pictures and an update?:)

rosethecopycat
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
What stunning Meezettes!!!!

Concatulations!!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love

sasvermont
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Zoe has invited me to come over to meet the two new meezers! I can't wait. I am sure there will be lots of fun and photos. I will have to see where my battery charger is at this point.

Anyway, I am going there in the afternoon and can't wait to meet the new brats and see Zoe and her family as well.
:)

Killearn Kitties
09-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh I'm so jealous! :D You will check that battery charger and take LOTS of photos for us won't you??? :D

Please?

Vermontcat
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
The kitties have been sleeping most of today because it's been rainy, maybe they are saving up all their energy for Sasvermont's visit tomorrow. I have my camera ready and batteries charged so I will have photos even if she doesn't. I hope to go through the photos I have already taken of the meezers this week and maybe get to post a few tonight. It will be fun to have a mini Pet Talk meeting here tomorrow.:)

kimlovescats
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
How exciting! I can't wait to hear and see all about your visit!!!:love:

Vermontcat
09-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Isn't it about time for new pictures and an update?:)

Sorry it has taken me so long, I just posted a new thread with some photos of them here.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=146114

Barbara will have to wait for the close up photos of their faces and pretty blue eyes, those are still on my camera.
I do plan to have more photos to post after Sasvermont's visit tomorrow as well.:)

ramanth
09-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Your two meezers are so beautiful. Congrats! :love: