PDA

View Full Version : First things, first?

RICHARD
09-06-2008, 01:20 AM
I have noticed that if the Edster is asleep the first thing he does when he wakes up is to go over to the food bowl and grab a snack.

I know it must be tiring to sleep all day and he need his energy, but he does this all the time.
I was wondering if there is a habit or something you can count on your cat doing all the time?

What is it?

jazzcat
09-06-2008, 11:34 AM
This is kind of different but Ripley is OCD and one of his habits is to smear the ground with his paw five times before he starts drinking. If you interrupt him he has to start over. Poor neurotic cat, sometimes it can take minutes before he even gets his first sip.

If you bring a plastic bag in you can always expect to have Rumor bust through the house to lick it. Rocky will eat them but he doesn't come running every time he hears them. You can just barely rattle a plastic bag and Rumor is there with her tongue out.

Bengalz
09-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Good question:confused: Mine is ... what is their order of preference ?? Food, Sleep, Cuddles, Playtime .... in that order ????

In my house it all seems to come first because "It's ALL about Eve" :p:love:;)

NoahsMommy
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Awww, Eddie! Too funny!! Its hard work, all that snoozing! I know when I wake up in the morning, I am ready for breakfast! ;)

Micah is my most OCD kitty. Ready?
*After..uh...litter box time...he scratches the side of the box like, 500 MILLION times! Then, he gets out and scratches the wall next to the box 500 million MORE times! Why???
*Before and after eating his crunchies, he scratches the ground...a bunch of times as well. WHY??? Who knows, he's just likes to scratch? Does it get his tummy in the mood? His digestion in the mood? (Sorry, I'm sure that's gross.)
*Same with his water bowl/fountain drinking
*Yet again with the paw movement, before settling down on me, he has to knead those sharp claws on my stomach, shoulder, neck or...uh...chest...until he's perfectly satisfied my body is tenderized enough for him to rest comfortably.
*When they get thier wet food, Micah has to have some out of each bowl - as in, Micah's bowl, Noah's bowl, Phoebe's bowl and if Basie's in the mood, his bowl too.
*Micah will also wake up from out of nowhere (usually from sleeping on me) and run to his food bowl and eat...like Eddie. Wierd...I don't think I've realized that before. Hmmm....maybe it IS hard, strenuous work to sleep. ;)

Laura's Babies
09-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Amy nibbles all day long. She usually eats only a few bites at a time. Whenever she has had to leave the house, soon as she gets back, the first thing she does is runs to her feeding station to get a few bites...

catmandu
09-06-2008, 05:39 PM
OF ALL MY CATS I WOULD SAY THAT JJJ3 IS MOST FOOD CONCIOUS,AS HES AWARE THAT THE YOUNG CATS WILL SNEAK THIER LITTLE NOSES IN,
AND GOBBLE!!
I HOPE THAT I AM CLOSE TO FOOD WITH THE OTHER CATS, AS THEY SEEM TO WANT TO COME TO ME FIRST ALTHOUGH THAT MIGHT BE A WE WANT A TREAT TRICK!!!:cool:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/22b307bf.jpg