PDA

View Full Version : Message too short?

Grace
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I sure hope this is long enough to be posted. Just a minute ago I was trying to add a reply and after clicking on preview, a window opened that said my message was too short - please add 2 characters. No matter what I did, the same message kept coming up.

Anyone else ever get this?

Karen
09-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I sure hope this is long enough to be posted. Just a minute ago I was trying to add a reply and after clicking on preview, a window opened that said my message was too short - please add 2 characters. No matter what I did, the same message kept coming up.

Anyone else ever get this?

No, what were you trying to post? And in what thread?

Grace
09-04-2008, 10:31 PM
I was trying to post in the McCain/Palin topic in the Dog House. I finally was able to do so after some fiddling with my browser (clearing cache) and doing the quote tags manually.

But this message has popped up before. Can't remember the specifics.

Moesha
09-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I have had this before also. I think I was only typing one letter, like in the puzzle thread or something similiar. Once I added more words it let me post without any trouble.

Grace
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
It's happening again. Trying to post in the NFL 2008 topic up in general. Using both my browsers - Safari and Firefox - I get this message -

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

This is what I was trying to post - it certainly isn't short.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a source familiar with the injury.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, two sources indicated it involved serious damage to the knee.

“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”

Karen
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
It's happening again. Trying to post in the NFL 2008 topic up in general. Using both my browsers - Safari and Firefox - I get this message -

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

This is what I was trying to post - it certainly isn't short.

Nest time it happens, just add a couple asterisks or something. That's something weird with your computer's interaction with the BBS software, I am guessing.

Moesha
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Were you adding any of your own characters or just the quote? If it was just the quote, you need at least 2 of your own characters for it to recognize them. I just tried it with only a quote and got the same message.

Grace
09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Okay - I'll try to remember that for the next time.

Karen, I went back to look at the reason I posted about this originally. Now my short term memory isn't what it once was, and I freely admit that. But, that was a quote also, and I swear I remember posting that it was from CNN, before the quote. And I had the same problem.

I'll see if I can find another quote to practice on soon.

Karen
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
As I posted in the NFL thread, the software does not allow you to post something that is just a quote, so people always need to add their own comment, and don't just quote others' posts.

The software cannot tell whether you are quoting a post from Pet Talk, or from somewhere else, so just add your own two cents - for example, stating where you found the article, or whether you agree, and it'll let you post just fine.

smokey the elder
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I always find putting in a link will help. That way people have the option of reading the whole article (I typically excerpt/paraphrase anyway.)