PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I actually did it!!!

catnapper
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
For months now, I have wanted to cut my hair short.... but didn't have the guts to say "just cut it off". But today I actually did it. I kinda HAD to do it because I colored my hair 2 weeks ago with a color kit that would add "subtle highlights" Ummmm...... if you call yellow straw streaks on almost-black hair subtle!!! :eek: Needless to say, I ran to the drug store at 10:00 on a Sunday night to buy hair color to recolor the mess.

The past two weeks have been miserable for me. I have tried every deep conditioning treatment imaginable.... I even contemplated sleeping with mayo on my hair because I heard that was the best conditioner known. I officially FRIED my hair. So it had to all come off.

The resulting cut is AWESOME. It flatters tremendously.... instant face lift AND makes my face look more slender. PLUS you don't notice how thin my hair is. Its SHORT. I mean, man short.

Hubby must have told me a dozen times how much he likes the cut (he never once said anything about past cuts) and I LOVE it! I showered and it took a whole 2 minutes to dry and style it. The ultimate wash and wear. :)

Though...... hubby did tell me that Callie and I have the same hair cut. He called me "poodle head" :eek: :eek: :eek: Tomorrow I'll post pictures of me and Callie for comparison (she also got a haircut today too... and no, I did not clip her this time!) to see if we really do have the same hair ;) Hubby's lucky he commented on how nice the cut looks BEFORE he told me Callie and I look alike - he told me that after he trimmed Callie down himself. Perhaps I was his inspiration for Callie's hair? ;)

kt_luvs_kitties
09-04-2008, 09:10 PM
YES! Pictures please!

And try Olive Oil on your hair for an hour or so. Then wash it out. Really makes the hair softer, less poofy, and much more manageable:D

Karen
09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Hee hee! Bet it looks great! I have often threatened to cut my hair 1/4 inch long, just because I could actually control it, but I think one needs to have a pretty face to pull of hair that short. My hair and I usually get along okay, just when I go too long between cuts, I get impatient with it!

Pictures, please, Kim! :) And of course what does Cameron think of Gramma's new haircut?

jenluckenbach
09-05-2008, 06:14 AM
I can't wait to see it. I would bet your hair looks fabulous!

catnapper
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I got a photo this afternoon with Callie --- gee she wasn't a cooperative pup! :p

Hubby said I don't look so poodle-headed as I do right from the shower (no, I'm not about to post a photo of me with true poodle headedness!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/PoodleHead.jpg

Karen
09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
It looks great - and it's a nice color for you as well!

shais_mom
09-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I love it!!!
I love short hair -
my hair's longer now than it has been in the past 7 years and I'm always on the verge when I see a short cut.
But its taken me so long to get here!

Randi
09-05-2008, 11:49 AM
It really suits you, and gives a fresher look. :) I rarely get my hair cut, but when I do, I want someone who knows how to cut hair. So since I'm not rich, I go to a top end hairdresser as a model. It's trained hairdressers who are learning more, and you can decide exatctly how you want it cut - for about half price. And once you have a good haircut, you can trim it yourself for the next half a year. ;)

When Gini and Sara took me for a tour of LA, I went to have a look at this place: http://www.seeing-stars.com/ImagePages/JoseEberSalonPhoto.shtml

The prices were ridiculous, but if I can ever afford it, I'd love a haircut there. They really know what they're doing!

shais_mom
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
And once you have a good haircut, you can trim it yourself for the next half a year. ;)

Are you serious?!
No way could I ever cut my own hair other than my bangs, which I've trimmed myself.
Ever read any books by Sue Grafton? Her star Kinsey Millhone cuts her own hair with cuticle scissors and always makes comments throughout how you can tell she cuts her own hair.
:p

Barbara
09-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Are you serious?!
No way could I ever cut my own hair other than my bangs, which I've trimmed myself.
Ever read any books by Sue Grafton? Her star Kinsey Millhone cuts her own hair with cuticle scissors and always makes comments throughout how you can tell she cuts her own hair.
:p

I know her and when I cut my hair with cuticle scissors 30 years ago I must have looked exactly like her ;)
BTW- Catnapper- YOU look great and I cannot recommend to do that on your own ;)

shais_mom
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I know her and when I cut my hair with cuticle scissors 30 years ago I must have looked exactly like her ;)
BTW- Catnapper- YOU look great and I cannot recommend to do that on your own ;)

lol.
I wasn't implying that Randi looks like that tho!!
but I'm sure I would if I did it!

Randi
09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
LOL! I suppose that if you have longer hair, it's a lot easier to trim it yourself, but you need proper salon scissors, which I have, so that helps. I've payed close attention to the angle they cut it, and it works for me - but only when it's already a good cut. ;)

I'm reading Sue Grafton's books at the moment - love her writing!

Daisy and Delilah
09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
WOW!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: You look great, Kim!!!! Love the hair!!:)

Grace
09-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh, I love it!! Very flattering, In order to look more like Callie, though, one of you needs to get a color job :cool:

RICHARD
09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Hubby must have told me a dozen times how much he likes the cut (he never once said anything about past cuts) and I LOVE it!

DUDE!

Here's a tip for you women out there.

If you want your hubby, SO, BF or whoever to really freak out. CUT YOUR HAIR! THere is something fun about having a 'new gal' on the scene!

I love short hair on a gal. And I loved it when my old GF would answer the door with a new do! Don't tell them you cut it tho....

P.S. This will not work if they hate short hair!;)

Taz_Zoee
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Wow, it looks great!! :D :D And so does Callie. :)

I always have long curly hair. I've straightened it before and Bruce, my BF, just about freaked out. He was aleep and I went to say goodbye to him in the morning. Half asleep he said - your hair is straight. Later that night (it was Halloween) he asked if it would be curly again or always straight now. LOL
More recently I've had it straightened by my hairdresser and he said he liked it. I said tough, because I HATE it!!!

lizbud
09-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I love your new haircut. Looks very attractive.:)

It's not really short,short, but just the right length for you. I have been
keeping my hair short for the summer this year & I love it too.:) Isn't it
great to come out of the shower & not have to mess with your hair?

Sevaede
09-05-2008, 05:52 PM
LOVELY! :D It looks great! I am always amazed at how light my head feels after I get a hair cut. It takes a while to stop reaching up and pushing my hair aside! :D

jennielynn1970
09-05-2008, 07:39 PM
That is NOT man short!! That's adorable!

I love your new cut! I'm jealous! I haven't had a cut that short in ages. My face, and the rest of me, is too fat for it now, lol.