PDA

View Full Version : Honestly what is on your mind this very moment?

StarandBratsmom
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Honestly what is on your mind this very moment? Just out of curiosity, what are you thinking about?

I am thinking, I should be working instead of goofing off, what am I going to make for dinner, is it me or is it freezing in here, and how I would much rather be outside fishing.

K9soul
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
This thread grabbed me because I opened the page in a struggle to find something to put away what is on my mind right now. Maybe it is a sign that I am meant I express it instead.

I am thinking about the polite e-mail I just received from my ex, I am dwelling on old deep past regrets, and thinking of what might have been. If I could only go back. I am watching the rain outside, feeling like it is also raining in my heart, and hoping I am able to put this desolation past me soon.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Reading the post above me makes me wish I could take away a friend's pain.

pomtzu
09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
This thread grabbed me because I opened the page in a struggle to find something to put away what is on my mind right now. Maybe it is a sign that I am meant I express it instead.

You must have been reading my mind with that statement.

Without sounding too morbid - I was thinking of cremation vs burial - for myself when the time comes. I am divorced and will NEVER remarry, so there is no loving spouse to lay next to for eternity, and who knows where the rest of my small family will be located when they go. I really think it's a waste of money for a plot, casket, marker, etc - for what???? How often will anyone really "visit" me - once a year maybe at best once the initial grief has worn off and then only if they still live in the area. If I do choose cremation, the ashes of my RB pets that I have, will be mixed with mine and scattered in the ocean - my very favorite place to be! I would rather see any money that may be left when I do go, be distributed between my son and 2 grandkids where it can be used for college or schooling of their choice. So much better than dumping it into a hole in the ground!

OK - now I REALLY need to do something cheerful...........

Whisk_Luva
09-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I am thinking of my hammy Whisk who went to the RB monday... I miss him so much.

Taz_Zoee
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow, there is so much on my mind it's not even funny.
I am tired of certain people here at work and would like to express myself to them, but I don't want to lose my job. At the same time I need to find another job. Closer to home and preferrably one that pays more. But I am comfortable and lazy. I don't like seeing my co-worker (who was my friend before becoming a co-worker) stressed, angry and upset.
Gosh, see, there's so much up there that I can't get it all out to make any sense to anyone. :confused:

I'm also thinking about all the things I still need to do at home to get the house ready for the party we are having this Saturday.

I am also thinking about working at the shelter on Sunday and that I can't wait to get there to see the animals and see who was adopted.

I just want to go home!!!:mad:

But at least I have Pet Talk to come to and take my mind off of things if even for a brief moment. :D

I am thinking of my hammy Whisk who went to the RB monday... I miss him so much.
Aww, this just makes all of the things I'm worrying about seem like nothing. I am so sorry Ellie. :(

prechrswife
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Mine isn't nearly as deep as some of the others--I'm thinking I'll be very glad when our 2 year old is through the potty training phase and out of diapers completely.

caseysmom
09-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I am thinking I am so glad my oldest is a senior this year, we went and took her senior portraits yesterday. Getting her through high school should have earned me a gold medal, maybe even a purple heart.

Seriously when I went to high school there were not that many kids dropping out and doing independent study, I tell my daugher you have one responsiblity and that is school just wait till adult life hits!

StarandBratsmom
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM

I am thinking about the polite e-mail I just received from my ex, I am dwelling on old deep past regrets, and thinking of what might have been. If I could only go back. I am watching the rain outside, feeling like it is also raining in my heart, and hoping I am able to put this desolation past me soon.

Sounds like the email opened a wound. What happened between you two?

StarandBratsmom
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
You must have been reading my mind with that statement.

Without sounding too morbid - I was thinking of cremation vs burial - for myself when the time comes. I am divorced and will NEVER remarry, so there is no loving spouse to lay next to for eternity, and who knows where the rest of my small family will be located when they go. I really think it's a waste of money for a plot, casket, marker, etc - for what???? How often will anyone really "visit" me - once a year maybe at best once the initial grief has worn off and then only if they still live in the area. If I do choose cremation, the ashes of my RB pets that I have, will be mixed with mine and scattered in the ocean - my very favorite place to be! I would rather see any money that may be left when I do go, be distributed between my son and 2 grandkids where it can be used for college or schooling of their choice. So much better than dumping it into a hole in the ground!

OK - now I REALLY need to do something cheerful...........

Wow, what a thought to be thinking. How do you know you will not find love? Maybe you will find it in unlikely places? Personally, I want to be cremated, I want my ashes to be spread in my favorite nature spot. If my loved ones want to visit that spot, so be it, but only to find peace and solitude like the place did for me and not to morne over me.

Suki Wingy
09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Before I read any other people's posts, I will say what I am thinking.

I am trying to decide what to do today. I probably have enough gas to get to and from the one stable that I want to go visit today. I am going around and checking out the nearby stables before I make my decision on where I want to take lessons.
I also want to go to Walmart and buy some provisions because I don't have much in my cabinet right now. I have a gift card to there, but no cash.
I just realized I could probably use one of my new checks that came today to get at the $50 in my brand new checking account, but I don't know if I should. I have to buy gas tomorrow anyway to get to my class. Tonight I am watching my little brother, so I should make about $20 but my parents pay me at the end of the month for that.

CathyBogart
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I was thinking about my engagement ring, which I was under the impression would be here by now. I'm so impatient, I've got the phone in my hand and I'm ready to call....but I'm worried they'll be annoyed with me because I KNOW they told me several times they'd call when it was here. Sigh.

pomtzu
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow, what a thought to be thinking. How do you know you will not find love? Maybe you will find it in unlikely places? Personally, I want to be cremated, I want my ashes to be spread in my favorite nature spot. If my loved ones want to visit that spot, so be it, but only to find peace and solitude like the place did for me and not to morne over me.

Well - we've all got to go there someday.

No more men - one was enough. I'm getting too old to have the patience to train another one! LOL Ironically - today WAS my wedding anniversary. :p

Sevaede
09-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I am thinking about the sadness and grief in the above posts. :(

I am thinking about how I am going to get by.

I am thinking about a job interview that I have to be at in an hour and a half.

I am thinking about my classes and whether they're applicable towards a degree. Hoping I am not wasting my time and FA!

Zippy
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I am thinking of North Carolina.The beautiful beach and sand,along with all the tourist stores,condos where a used to live and the friends I left behind 6 or so years ago.

Alysser
09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I am thinking about moving on from Sassy's death, but it makes me feel guilty to think of such things and I feel bad. I am thinking it's been a whole summer without a dog. If I didn't have a job I would have killed myself. Treasure all the moments you can with your dog, you never know what may happen and being without a dog sucks, majorly.

I am also thinking about my first day of school today, and how AWESOME my schedule is. I love my classes and know people in basicallly everyone except math and Spanish.

StarandBratsmom
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I was thinking about my engagement ring, which I was under the impression would be here by now. I'm so impatient, I've got the phone in my hand and I'm ready to call....but I'm worried they'll be annoyed with me because I KNOW they told me several times they'd call when it was here. Sigh.

At least you are getting a ring. LOL. I am patiently waiting for my boyfriend to ask me. It's been more than a year.

Taz_Zoee
09-04-2008, 04:32 PM
At least you are getting a ring. LOL. I am patiently waiting for my boyfriend to ask me. It's been more than a year.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 1/2 years!! :eek: I've pretty much given up on the idea all together though. It makes it easier than worrying and wondering about it. I'm happy, that's all that matters. :)

Cincy'sMom
09-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm glad to be home from work. Excited the NFL season starts tonight. And excited to go to my friend's racing school on Saturday, but dreading the house cleaning I need to do between now and then!

lizbud
09-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I was thinking that I wish my oven would hurry up & preheat at 325
because I have taco shells to heat.:) So trivial compared to some thoughts
expressed here.

K9soul, I feel so bad that you are still hurting & wish I had something to help
you get back into life. You need to fall in love with LIFE again. You have so
much to contribute, I hope you find a way.:)

Casper
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I've had an image in my head all day long, and I am thinking about how well it will transfer onto canvas. Which reminds me that I need to start putting together a portfolio for college. I sure do hope I get into the college I am aiming for....

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm thinking how much I hate bugs and creepy things and want summer to go away. :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
09-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I should really stop browsing on the internet and get back to work..

k9krazee
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
At this moment? Besides the homework that I should be doing, my wet pants because its been raining ALL day, how hungry and lonely I am, the hall meeting in a half hour...I've been thinking more and more of my life and the direction it's going.

I'm on my third year of college. I'm working towards a bachelors in Applied Biology and I'm not really sure at this point what I *really* want to do with my life or what I can do with that degree. 90% of people hate their jobs. It's very depressing to think that I sit in class all day and spend all night on homework so I'll eventually be in a place where I hate my job. I just want a direction in which to go. I want to know where I'll be in five/ten years. I want to begin my real life. I want to know that there really is more to life than your job. I want to be a contributing member of society but at the same time be able to enjoy life to the fullest. I have a rough plan, but no back up and it scares me. That I might be wasting time and money that I don't have getting nowhere.

Kfamr
09-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I should be getting ready to ride my bike and meet my friend at the coffeeshop.

kitten645
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I am counting my blessings. Thinking about how nice it is here in California. How lucky I am that Calvin and Hobbes are purrrrfect in every way. How happy I am to be going into the city to celeberate my bday and see Paul Weller at the famous Fillmore THeatre. How much history has happened there. I wonder how Bill Graham would be doing today in the new musical frontiers. Where to have dinner. Post concert party. It's all good. I hope those that are blue or worried here find peace. :love:
Claudia

caseysmom
09-04-2008, 06:18 PM
At this moment? Besides the homework that I should be doing, my wet pants because its been raining ALL day, how hungry and lonely I am, the hall meeting in a half hour...I've been thinking more and more of my life and the direction it's going.

I'm on my third year of college. I'm working towards a bachelors in Applied Biology and I'm not really sure at this point what I *really* want to do with my life or what I can do with that degree. 90% of people hate their jobs. It's very depressing to think that I sit in class all day and spend all night on homework so I'll eventually be in a place where I hate my job. I just want a direction in which to go. I want to know where I'll be in five/ten years. I want to begin my real life. I want to know that there really is more to life than your job. I want to be a contributing member of society but at the same time be able to enjoy life to the fullest. I have a rough plan, but no back up and it scares me. That I might be wasting time and money that I don't have getting nowhere.

Good for you for going to college, I love my job!

Sirrahsim
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm counting down the minutes until it is bedtime for the boys:D Only 15 minutes to go:p

Medusa
09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
I was thinking that my family is getting smaller every day. My parents and my 3 brothers and 3 sisters have all passed on, I have one sister left. If she dies before I do, I'll be pretty much alone in the world, except for my son, of course, but he lives on the opposite end of the country. Then that got me to thinking that if Puddy should go to the Bridge, I'll have to go through it 6 more times. God, such morbid thoughts. I'm sorry that I actually wrote this but there it is.

CountryWolf07
09-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Honestly? My boyfriend, who's in Japan for work. I am wondering how he is doing and how it's going over there. I'm ready for him to come home already, though.

cassiesmom
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Besides thinking about PT? :D
It's been raining all day. I don't remember a day like this when it rained for twelve solid hours.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm really browsing the internet to try not to think! I've had a looong day filled with squirrelly 1st graders, a masters class, and the general fatigue I feel all day long from being pregnant. So I'm just propping up my feet and relaxing. :)

I'm sorry to read about everyone's sad thoughts, though! I hope everyone gets through it.

Suki Wingy
09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I am thinking how the people in this thread should sit down and talk about marriage with their boyfriends if they want to get married.

I am thinking about how much I love sitting down and relaxing to M*A*S*H and how much I love the main theme, "Suicide is Painless" and how I've never really seen any episodes from this early on as the one that is playing now.

I'm thinking about the few pages of prose or story I have to write now for my creative writing class, about one of these pictures my teacher gave me.

I am also thinking about how much I miss my dog. I really don't want to live away from him, but at the same time I don't plan on ever moving back home. :(

gini
09-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Just as I saw this thread, I was thinking of a dear friend and neighbor who lost her kitty today. I wish that I could remove her pain.

StarandBratsmom
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Just as I saw this thread, I was thinking of a dear friend and neighbor who lost her kitty today. I wish that I could remove her pain.

I know what you mean. My mom is missing her babies right now. Sounds like everyone here, well most of us, are down. Is it the end of the summer blues??

jennielynn1970
09-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Thinking that it's 5am, and I've been up all night and haven't been able to sleep one wink.

Was thinking about how much I actually like my part time job, and I look forward to going there, but do not feel the same way about my full time job/career, and how depressing that is. Wondering exactly why I feel that way, and if it's just my mood in a downward spiral again, which I can't afford (literally), or if it's just a passing thing.

The school year just started, and I'm already feeling overwhelmed and not wanting to go to work. Not good. I remember loving to go to work/school, and loving to see all the kids. Now I just hate where I'm at(NOT the kids... don't read it that way), don't feel a bond at all with the teachers there, and wish I had not moved to a different school 3 years ago.

Randi
09-05-2008, 05:41 AM
I haven't read the replies yet, but at the moment I'm thinking.... can I use blackberries or perhaps rashberries for this cake I'm going to make, instead of strawberries. ;)

I refuse to think about anything negative today! :D

Sirrahsim
09-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm thinking about what to make for breakfast before we take Tyler in for his second day of preschool!
I am also thinking about all of the stuff I need to get done before we leave for vacation tomorrow.

In the back of my mind I am also slightly worried because the time of our arrival is going to be perfect timing to form a welcoming party for Tropical Storm Hanna :eek:

Pam
09-05-2008, 07:32 AM
I am thinking of Sunday when I shall meet our very own Logan for the first time!!!!! Yes, Logan will be up from South Carolina and she and K9Karen, Christiansmommy and myself shall have a mini Pet Talk meeting. :) Of course Harlee will be there and Bella and Ripley are tagging along as well! ;)

moosmom
09-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Having my first cup of coffee from my brand spanking new mini Keurig coffee maker, then high tailing it to the gym!!!

anna_66
09-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm thinking that I hope when these sheets come out of the dryer that most of the fuzzies are gone:rolleyes:

And excited to go to my friend's racing school on Saturday, but dreading the house cleaning I need to do between now and then!

I know the feeling Amy. I've got some work to do around the house before we go too:eek:

I am thinking of Sunday when I shall meet our very own Logan for the first time!!!!! Yes, Logan will be up from South Carolina and she and K9Karen, Christiansmommy and myself shall have a mini Pet Talk meeting. :) Of course Harlee will be there and Bella and Ripley are tagging along as well! ;)

After reading this I'm thinking I wish I could be there:D

davidpizzica
09-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I've been thinking of the FUN I'm going to have on wednesday getting the impressions done for my new teeth. Also I'm thinking if Nikki got a new home or is she roaming around here somewhere.