PDA

View Full Version : My own dog walker

AllAmericanPUP
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
My brother's gf has a 12 yr old who looooooooooooves animals just as much as I do, wants to be a vet and what not.
She's even got a pet goat at her grandparents lol.
A few weeks ago she asked if she could walk my dogs for me and I said sure you can walk the four but never Eli.
I just don't trust anyone else to walk Eli, especially not a 12 yr old.
but she takes my other 4 on a walk almost everyday after she gets out of school. She'll take them over to the park and let them run in the ball diamond for awhile and then walk them some more. She usually takes them for at least an hour if not 2 or 3. I always drive over to the park and check up on her to make sure everything is fine but she is great with them and they just love it!! Her friends even help her walk them sometimes
The dogs always come back pooped and so happy

I just think it's really great that a 12 yr old and her friends would rather walk dogs then go do whatever else a 12 yr old might do.

she also buys them treats and bandannas and stuff whenever she has money, i think that's pretty sweet of her

Taz_Zoee
09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
That is great! It's always nice to see children that have such an interest in animals. My youngest niece has been that way since she was teeny. Now she is 14 and has her own horse.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
That is just too sweet! How nice of you to let her walk your pups! I bet the dogs LOVE her!

I remember when I was about 12, I passed out fliers to let the neighbors know that I was available to walk dogs. ;)

Suki Wingy
09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I did the same when I was 12. Actually, I passed out flier s and posted them on trees but I never got any takers.