PDA

View Full Version : Chrome

sasvermont
09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I have started using Chrome, the new Google substitute for Internet Explorer. I rather like it. :confused::cool:

Anyone trying it?:p

Barbara
09-04-2008, 01:42 PM
No, but I'm curious!

Suki Wingy
09-04-2008, 01:55 PM
No but I think I'll look at it. Does it work on macs?

sasvermont
09-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I suppose if you use Google, and who doesn't, it will work with a MAC. I rather like Chrome. It is much, much, cleaner and easier to read. It loads nicely. It is just so clean. I don't know of how else to explain it.

I like it. It doesn't take much time to download. You can still use Internet Explorer.

I have encountered one crash, but other than that.....its fine.

I prefer it to Internet Explorer, now.:)

Suki Wingy
09-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I am going to try it, because I have Safari and Firefox, and they both crash a lot. Safari at least tells you it has to shut down, Firefox just stops loading pictures or stops allowing me to click any links or enter a new url. It acts like it's loaded fine but just stops working.

edit: Nope, not available for Mac yet. :(

ChrisH
09-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I read about that. I'm very happy with Firefox but I was thinking of giving it a trial just to see how it compares. Thanks for the recommendation sas.

CountryWolf07
09-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I am checking it out, actually I'm using it right now; I'm not too sure about it.. but so far it works OK.. I still like Firefox, though. :)

ChrisH
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I downloaded and am using it. I'm finding it fast loading and easy to use, missing my Firefox tweaks but other than that it's pretty good.

lizbud
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
It sounds interesting. I ran across an article about Chrome & bookmarked
it to go back and read later. (haven't read up on it yet)

jennielynn1970
09-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I usually try almost anything when it comes to browsers, just to see how they are.

The new Firefox 3.0 has a totally different look. Not sure I'm pleased with it or not. Everything on the screen got either bigger or closer looking. It's a bit annoying. Looks more like Netscape for Macs at the top... the brushed metal looking window feature, that is.

The only place I've really encountered an issue with Firefox crashing is on Myspace. Anywhere else, we've been good.

ChrisH
09-06-2008, 05:47 AM
You don't have to stick with that, there are lots of different looks for Firefox, even a cat theme. :D
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:2

The add-ons are one of the things I love about Firefox, they have some real useful and nifty ones.