PDA

View Full Version : Please rain... don´t come on too hard...

Husky_mom
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Lately we´ve been having some huuuuuge amounts of rain... the days have been all solid gray for the last couple days.....we´ve been having floods and car accidents an even deaths caused by it.... my house has been dripping :rolleyes: and I can´t get it fixed until it stops rainig otherwise it´s no use.....:( I´ve spent sleepless nights placing pans and towels everywhere.... hubby´s gone to other state to work so we´re on our own for a while.... 8 cities have been declared disaster zone.... dams are about to burst out as they are 100-120% to their full capacity, so itá a matter of time and many have been evacuated towards safer areas...

this is kinda weird as we are a desertic state and we are not even close to bays, ports or sea.... and it was "normal" to have many years without rain (we had passed 10 yrs without one drop before) so we mainly are just unprepared...

one of the mayor cities has beed devastated by it and now are asking for help... I know it´s nothing comapred to what we see int he news as Katrina and the like but to us waterless people is just as much....and to make matters worse our sewer system sucks... so ALL streets are like rivers.. some have taken people away for kilometers, people have been bracing themselves on trees for hours and some have been missing for days...unfortunately there are several mroe that have died...

so please rain.... be gentle... we DO need you... but not that much... or hard...

thank you for reading

Karen
09-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh, dear, you'll be in our prayers. Stay safe!

Medusa
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Goodness, trouble everywhere. Stay safe and no more rain!

Sonia59
09-04-2008, 06:26 AM
You are in my thoughts. Hope the rain stops and that you don't have more damage.