PDA

View Full Version : Laura's Babies in Hurricane

Carol Bulger
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi, I am Carol Bulger and Laura's babies is my sister. Her and her daughter Rei live in La. where the hurricane hit. Laura packed up her fur babies and went to Rie's house to sit out the hurricane and hoped to be safe. Sadly it did not turn out to good for them. A big tree fell into Rei's house causing some major damage to her home. Also her carport crashed in on top of Rei's car and her sons truck. Thank God all of them are okay and no one was hurt. Right now they are without power, cell phone servive and sometimes the home phone works and sometimes not. I ask all of you to send out prayers for them and and everyone else who was affected by the storm. Laura says as soon as she gets power back on she will be on Pet talk and sending pictures...

K9karen
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much for keeping us informed! I know we've all been worried to death about our dear friends affected by Gustav!

I'm so sorry she's experienced such terrible damage and lack of utilities. But I'm glad nobody was hurt! I simply can't imagine what she's going through. Please tell her we're all praying for the family and hope to hear from her soon.

Moesha
09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you for giving us an update!! Hope they are doing ok, people and furkids both.

Bengalz
09-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Carol,

Thank you for giving us an update on Laura and her family. The situation in LA is devastating and my heart hurts for all those unfortunate people who have had to evacuate.

Please give Laura our best when you speak with her again. She and her entire family are in our thoughts.

Taz_Zoee
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the update Carol. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I am glad they are all together and that everyone is okay.

Craftlady
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I am so glad that everyone is ok and not hurt. How scary that must of been for the whole family. Thank You for updating us. I will keep them in prayers.

Karen
09-02-2008, 09:59 PM
If you talk to her again, tell her we are keeping the whole family in our prayers, okay?

Thank you SO much for letting us know!

Daisy and Delilah
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you so much, Carol. I'm sitting here shaking. I remember 2004 here in Florida and I know how it feels. Thoughts and prayers going out to everybody. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}:(

jazzcat
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm so glad to know no one was hurt but how scary. Thanks for the update.

Prayers on the way for Laura, Rei and family.

Catty1
09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I have been thinking about Laura and other too. THANK YOU, Carol.

I hope they have another place to stay for a while.

Thank GOD no one was hurt - that could have happened so easily.

And yes, please, tell her we are all thinking of her and Rie and family, and sending prayers. :love:

slick
09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh my God, thank you so much for the update and thank you, God, that no one is hurt and all the furbabies and hoomans are safe.

Mega prayers going out to all involved and I'm sending prayers also to all the helping hands heading down there to help out.

Carol Bulger
09-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Thank you so much, Carol. I'm sitting here shaking. I remember 2004 here in Florida and I know how it feels. Thoughts and prayers going out to everybody. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}:(
I lived in Pensacola, Fl when hurricane Ivan hit. Left a lot of destruction. We were without power for over 2 weeks and a month before home phones were back on. That's when I got a cell phone so I could communicate with family and friends on how we were doing. We had other hurricanes over the years but I think Ivan was the worse we ever experienced. Needless to say we decided to move to Washington state after a few years, never wanted to go through another storm. We have been here for 1 and half years now and just love it but I worry about the ones that still have to edure the hurricanes.

sparks19
09-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Lauras babies and her family have our prayers. I am so glad that they are OK. It may be hard but material things can be replaced.... their well being cannot :( I am so happy to hear they are healthy.

I wish I could do more than pray.

gini
09-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Carol, thank you so much for posting the news about Laura, her babies, and her family.

To echo everyone's thoughts - thank God everyone is alright. However, it must have been a scary ride for all.

I hope the damage isn't too severe that it cannot be repaired.

I have had Laura on my mind so much since Gustav arrived. Continued prayers will be sent for her safety.

Emeraldgreen
09-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh my gosh, how scary!! But I'm so glad that she and her daughter and the pets are all okay despite everything that happened. Thank you for the update.

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm glad that no one was hurt.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Barbara
09-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Carol, thankyou for the news. It looks as if Laura, Rie and family were very lucky as they were not hurt personally.
Hope they are back to communication, electricity etc. soon.

jenluckenbach
09-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Keeping Laura and the entire family in my prayers.

Scooter's Mom
09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Thank you for the update. Please tell Laura and Rie we're thinking of them and keeping them in our prayers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-03-2008, 07:37 AM
OMG, I am so happy that Laura & her babies, and family aren't hurt physically!! Thank you so much Carol for informing us!!:love:

ChrisH
09-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you so much updating us, Carol. Keeping Laura and family in my prayers.

Medusa
09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Goodness, how scary for everyone! Many prayers going up for Laura and her family. Thank you for letting us know, Carol.

Felicia's Mom
09-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the update, Carol. Laura and her family are in my prayers.

pitc9
09-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Thank you for posting, my thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Randi
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you for your update, Carol. It must have been scary for them all, but I'm glad to hear they're safe. Hope they get electricity etc. soon!

Sending lots of positive throughts! :)

lvpets2002
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
:love: Thanks so much Carol for letting us know what has happened.. Please if you can talk to Laura & Rie = Send them all our Prayers & Huggss.. Also I am right on the other side of Dallas & can help them & the babies if needed.. So Glad they are all safe.. God Bless Them All..

moosmom
09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Hugs, thoughts and prayers to Laura's Babies. Glad everyone is okay.

Donnaj4962
09-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you so much for the update!

How very scary for all of them! I am so glad that everyone is okay. Any news on the condition of Laura's palce? Has she been able to get to it yet?

Please let the whole family know that we are praying for them and the furbabies. :love:

Kirsten
09-03-2008, 11:26 AM
How scary! I will keep Laura and her family and furkids in my thoughts, glad that they seem to be safe, but what a scary situation! I saw pictures of the hurricane on tv, it looked so destructive.

Thank you for the update; Carol! When you talk to her again, please tell her she's in my thoughts. Hope she'll soon be able to go back to her home.

Kirsten

catlover4ever
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I had been thinking of Laura. Thank you for the update. I'm so happy to hear that everyone is OK, but what a terrible thing to happen to Rie's house and carport. Thank you for keeping us updated.

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers to Laura and your family.

phesina
09-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Prayers and good wishes for Laura and babies and all the family. How frightening for them all. I'm so glad to know that no one has been hurt.

jenluckenbach
09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Here is an update
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=145830

I am glad everyone is OK. Sorry Rie had damage. :( Luckily, Laura did not.

We're still praying for your continued safety.

Sevaede
09-03-2008, 07:08 PM
OH NO!!! :( It is good to know that everyone is alright and unharmed! :( I am thinking about everyone down south, good thoughts and vibes for you all. I hope that the damages are not as bad as originally thought. :(