PDA

View Full Version : It's about time...

moosmom
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Qwami Kilpatrick, Mayor of Detroit is finally going in front of a judge to answer to his actions. I hope they toss his sorry @$$ out of office.

Grace
09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
You should thank your lucky stars you moved away from here. It's Kwame this or Kwame that 24/7 on all the local news stations.

He wants to stay out of http://bestsmileys.com/jail/1.gif and is willing to do almost anything - but Kym Worthy is just as determined to have his head http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/guillo.gif

What a mess!

phesina
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Kwame.. how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear ol' Kwame...

I don't think we'll have Kwame to kick around much longer!

moosmom
09-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Grace,

Quami, Kwame, tomato, tomatoe, WHATEVER!!!!

I do NOT miss Michigan, believe me. I miss my stuff that's still in my ex-SIL's garage, but it's just stuff.

Phesina,

You crack me up. He should've been in jail when I WAS there, and it's been 3 years this October.

Grace
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Headline from the front page of The Freep -

Kwame Kilpatrick expected to plead guilty at 9 a.m. Thursday

I spell his name Kwame, because that is the way I see it spelled all the time.

Grace
09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
More on the current Mayor of Detroit -

Sources told Local 4, just past 9:00pm on Wednesday, the mayor and his legal team agreed to a deal, which includes the following:
Immediate resignation;
plead guilty to 2 felonies;
pay restitution of $1 million;
spend 4 months in jail;
and cannot run for public office for 5 years.

Puckstop31
09-03-2008, 11:26 PM
40 years of liberal rule... :)

Grace
09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
40 years of liberal rule... :)

How do you explain Duke Cunningham?

8 years, 4 months in jail; 1.8 million in restitution - conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud, and tax evasion.

Being a crook is an equal-opportunity quality. It has nothing to do with party affiliation, gender, age, race. It's POWER, pure and simple. Power can and does corrupt. Resisting the power is the difficult part. And that goes to the content of ones character. Some have it; some don't.

--------------------------------------------------

Poor Kwame, he's having a difficult time coming to grips with all this. First he's going to deal - then he pulls back a bit. Going to be hard to give up that mansion for a cell.

moosmom
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
5 years??? Do you really think anyone would vote for this Kwame scum should he decide to run again after 5 years?? I certainly hope not. Once a crook always a crook in MO.

Grace
09-04-2008, 10:51 AM
5 years??? Do you really think anyone would vote for this Kwame scum should he decide to run again after 5 years?? I certainly hope not. Once a crook always a crook in MO.

I agree with you, but some of the residents of Detroit do not. Channel 4 was talking to a few people who are very unhappy he resigned, and would vote for him again tomorrow if he ran.

moosmom
09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Consider the sources.

Catty1
09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080927/NEWS01/809270302

Cockrel keeps some Kilpatrick staffers
Chief aide, building director worked for Archer

BY M.L. ELRICK • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • September 27, 2008

Detroit Mayor Ken Cockrel Jr. drew heavily from his predecessors' administrations in selecting the team that will help him run Detroit.
Advertisement

More than a dozen of Cockrel's choices to lead city departments worked for Kwame Kilpatrick, according to a list of appointees the mayor released Friday. And two other appointees served under Dennis Archer, who left office at the end of 2001 after two terms.

"The people who have done a good job, who are good people, he's kept," said Daniel Cherrin, Cockrel's spokesman, referring to the Kilpatrick appointees who will stay.

Of the Archer alumni, Cherrin said Cockrel "was interested in bringing back people who know government."

Two people returning to city government are Beth DunCombe and Darchelle Strickland Love.

DunCombe, who will direct the city's Building Authority, is Archer's sister-in-law. She served as head of the quasi-governmental Detroit Economic Growth Corp. during Archer's tenure. DunCombe has listed sorting out ownership issues relating to the once-decrepit Book Cadillac hotel among her accomplishments at the DEGC. That cleared the way for the DEGC, during Kilpatrick's six-year tenure, to revive a relic that has become a symbol of downtown revival.

Love, whom Cockrel tabbed as his chief of staff, was a high-ranking human resources official under Archer.

Among the most well-known Kilpatrick appointees sticking around are Fire Commissioner Tyrone Scott, Public Lighting Director Charles Beckham, Planning and Development Director Douglass Diggs and Budget Director Pamela Scales.

Before taking office last week, Cockrel hinted he would want to keep some of Kilpatrick's appointees, saying: "I don't think you can necessarily paint somebody with a broad brush of they're evil or not worth keeping because of who they worked for."

Although Friday's announcement didn't elicit the kind of excitement generated by Cockrel's decision last week to name Saul Green deputy mayor and James Barren chief of police, all of the appointees will play key roles in determining the quality of life for Detroiters.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080927/NEWS01/809270340/1003/NEWS
FREE PRESS / LOCAL 4 MICHIGAN POLL
Detroit looking up, many say
Now that Kilpatrick has resigned, city will improve, according to metro Detroiters

BY SUZETTE HACKNEY • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • September 27, 2008

Nearly eight in 10 likely voters in metro Detroit think the city is better off now that former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick has resigned, according to a Detroit Free Press-Local 4 Michigan Poll.
(see link for rest of article)