PDA

View Full Version : Bobby says: GOTCHA!

Freedom
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Bobby gets allergy shots. I give them to him here at home. This morning he was due for a shot.

Bobby decided "NO WAY, see how YOU like it." I poked myself in the thumb, and as I had been ready to give it to him, I had the plunger all set to press. :rolleyes:

Seems I am allergic to some of the same things as Bobby is. He has been on shots since January, started on a very low dose. Now he is up at the maximum dose. I got the full strength; and I had an allergic reaction.:eek: My thumb, palm, and wrist all swelled, and it progressed up the fore arm.

I got to spend 3 hours in the ER. Benadryl for the itch, prednisone for the swelling. They wait to be sure it is responding to the meds before sending you home.

Comes up quickly, goes down slowly. My hand should be back to normal in 4 or 5 days. I keep on the meds through then.

I feel fine, it is more of a nuisance than anything. But as it kept progressing, it could have become serious.

The things we do / go through, for our dear pets!:p

Sevaede
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
WOW!! :eek: That is nuts! It is good to see you are alright! :D

catmandu
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
THATS A SHAME THAT BOBBY DUCKED , AND YOU GOT HIS SHOT INSTEAD.
I AM SURE THAT BOBBY IS SORRY, AND WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU, WITH PURRRS AND KISSES!!!:love::D:cool:

lvpets2002
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
:( Oh my my I am so sorry to read this.. You better take care of yourself.. You & Bobby take it easy for now..

jennielynn1970
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I hope you will be ok! That must have been a shock to get an allergic reaction to an allergy shot, lol. Geez Bobby, all you had to do was tell mom you weren't in the mood at that moment, not make her sick enough to go to the ER!!!

Freedom
09-04-2008, 08:04 AM
He hee, thanks for the smile, jenn!

Recovery is on track. Still a slight swelling to the back of the hand, that is it. Barely noticeable. I have purple marker showing where it had been swelled up, so it is easy to tell it has gone down a LOT.

Whichever trees and grasses he is allergic to, I am definitely allergic to at least ONE of them as well.

Don Juan's mom
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Bad Bobby! :( Mommy was just trying to help you, and if she could without sticking you with a needle, she would. You can make it up by giving her lots of "purr therapy." :)

Liz

CultureJunky
09-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh Sandra!! I hope your arm gets better soon, silly Bobby! :eek:

kimlovescats
09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh my goodness!!! You poor thing! I have always feared sticking myself whenever giving a vaccine or subcue fluids! :eek: They marked my arm as well to see how the infection from my cat bite responded! Be sure to watch carefully and head back to the ER if anything looks worse!