PDA

View Full Version : I would like everyone to meet...... (2 weeks to wait)

Whisk_Luva
09-02-2008, 09:16 AM
No name......

Whisk's empty cage is making me so upset right now, and I knew I wanted another hammy so today I went back to the pet shop I got Whisk and Chino from to have a look.

Emma (pet shops owners daughter) said they only have 2 females but she had some babies upstairs (she breeds hamsters herself as well as getting some from a breeder in essex)... I am not ready to take another hammy home quite yet and she said the babies are ready in 2 weeks- perfect. So I went to have a look.... and and guess everyone has already worked out I chose one.... ;)

Here he is (sorry the pics arent great- the lighting was not ideal and I had to be quick because we had already chosen and were about to leave):

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC08255.jpg (hes the breeders favourite because he always sits like that poking his nose out the bed)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC08262.jpg (lightening bolt markings! Thats what I think they look like anyway)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC08249.jpg (that face is just so cute)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC08250.jpg ('hey who are you?')
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC08247.jpg (just sniffing around)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC08248.jpg (Last one...)

We have thought of a few names we like but any suggestions are helpful.... thanks.... (the names we like so far are: radar, hoover, marble, dazzle, mash, scrabble, dibble, rumble, mumble, sparky, doodle, micro, tag and twiglet)
I am picking him up in two weeks when he is 7 weeks old.... got him some stuff already....

Ellie

Pawsitive Thinking
09-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Jose ;)

Awww Ellie - he is adorable. I know Whisk will approve that another hammy is going to be as happy with you as he was :love:

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-02-2008, 12:39 PM
OMGosh....he is so cute. Look at that little face. Petrie sounds like a good name. Don't know if you ever saw the movie Land Before Time but I always thought that was a cute name. Said like P-Tree.

Brody's Mum is right, Whisk would be happy to know that this little guy will be loved and cared for by you.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Aw, he's precious!!! :love:

I bet Whisk had a paw in helping you pick him out. He wouldn't want a good hammy home to be vacant!!!

Miss Z
09-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh Ellie, he is so sweet! I know Whisk would have approved. :love:

Casper
09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
What an adorable little ham he is! :love:
After reading the name suggestions Hoover just stuck out. Like a hoover vacuum, hamsters can stuff just about anything in their cheeks. Heh! (Did that make a lick of sense? haha)
Good luck on deciding on a name, and I can't wait until he comes home and we get to see more of him.
Congratulations!

Whisk_Luva
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone :) He really is a sweetie and now I have something to look foward too...

Oyster- thats why we liked the name Hoover ;) We are kinda going off that name now though as my friend pointed our he would be 'Hoover the hamster'.... get it? She says its like a to do list gone wrong ;):p

I do like Twiglet and it seems to suit him but I will not make my mind up till the day I collect him so any more name suggestions are welcome...

cassiesmom
09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Hello there, cutie! Since you don't have a name yet, may I call you cutie for now? I agree that Whisk probably had a paw in this selection. Cutie, I hope you will be very happy at your new home!

shepgirl
09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
When I first looked at the pictures I thought he was sitting in a big bowl of popcorn....how about popcorn for his name?
Whatever you name him he's real sweet looking.

chocolatepuppy
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Aww, he is so cute! I like the name Doodle.:)

Suki Wingy
09-02-2008, 09:15 PM
He is certainly cute! It's always good to have another little one to take your mind off things.

Whisk_Luva
09-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Thank you everyone....

A bit more info:

His mum is a bit of a physco ham.... :p She is really cute though (the breeder said she was going to stop breeding hamsters but then she met the litters mum and she had to carry on :))

Their daddy is a big fluff ball and a real gentle sweetheart.....

My (hopefully) guy is 1 of a litter of 5.... his siblings are sable, golden, one looks like a golden banded sorta thing, and then their is him and one other I cant remember.....(though I think it looked a bit like my (hopefully) newbie) :)

Out of them all the breeder says he seems to be the most placid but its hard to tell at this age, she is going to work extra hard with him these next two weeks to get him nice and tame for us :)

One a slightly different note we found out Chino's mummy is still alive and well :D

Sorry, all that info was a little random but oh well :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-03-2008, 08:34 AM
What a recious little ham!! I like the name "Marble" for him, because of his big dark glowing eyes!

RockyRoad
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Aw, he is such a little darling! I liked the suggestion of Petrie before, and Lut`s suggestion of Marble. I like Hoover, as well. :)

Taz_Zoee
09-03-2008, 11:30 AM
He is so adorable! I like the name Dazzle, personally. :) And Petrie too.
I have a friend with the last name Hoover, so that's a no go for me. LOL
If you're thinking of a vacuum, there's always Dyson. We just got one last night!! :D

lvpets2002
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
:love: Welcome wittle Cutie Pie.. Congrats on your new loving home.. Congrats Ellie

Alysser
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
My heart stopped! :love:

What a cutie, I love those huge eyes, OMG how cute!! Congratulations!

Marigold2
09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I love the name Marble as well. What a sweet and sassy hammy. He could not be going to a better home.
Welcome little man.:D:D:D

Whisk_Luva
09-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Thanks everyone- hopefully I will set up his cage today :)

I know I still have almost 2 weeks to wait but I love putting everything in the cage :)

I will post a photo when I am done

Genny
09-08-2008, 02:47 AM
AAHH how adorable...i love hamsters i miss my old guy all the time but i don't guess i will get another one

Blue Dragonfly
09-08-2008, 08:16 AM
awww he is so cute.

Whisk_Luva
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Tomorrows the day if all goes well... :D Will post when I get him home....

3muttsandaboston
09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
What a cutie! I'm seriously thinking of adopting another hammie soon.

Ginger's Mom
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I missed this until just now. Oh, Ellie, he is adorable. :D Look at that sweet face. :)

ramanth
09-18-2008, 11:07 PM
He's so cute!!! Congrats! :D

Moesha
09-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Was he able to come home today?

Whisk_Luva
09-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Was he able to come home today?

Yes he's home, it took a while to think of a name so I didnt post- but now he has one and I while start a new thread for him with photos! :D