PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to these Sites!

Karen
08-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes, today, September 1st marks the anniversary of the founding of PetoftheDay.com (http://PetoftheDay.com) - it began on September 1, 1997. Then a year later, we branched out, and added CatoftheDay.com (http://CatoftheDay.com) and DogoftheDay.com (http://DogoftheDay.com). So today begins our twelfth year of presenting Pets of the Day and eleventh of Cats and Dogs of the Day.

We want to thank everyone who has been a part of this website, and this community. After all, without people sending nominations, photos and telling us about their special pets, these sites would not exist! We always need more animals to be Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day. If you haven't sent your pet yet, we look forward to seeing him or her soon.

Please tell any like-minded people you meet and link to us on your pages, and thank you to those who already do link to our sites.

We look forward to the year and years to come, and are thinking of ways to improve the sites in the future. We had a simple idea years ago to bring a little bit of happiness into people's lives every day, and look how far we have all come together!

Suki Wingy
08-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Thank you, Karen and Paul, for doing such a good job moderating and maintaining these sites for everyone! :love:

gini
09-01-2008, 12:12 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDEED!

I, personally, am very grateful to you, Karen and Paul for providing us with this wonderful site.

I came here originally because I had a very sick kitty and I needed information to understand what I was dealing with.

Here I am today with friends around the world, a virtual bar I can't seem to stay out of, and a way to start out each day in a peaceful joy seeing all of the new pets of the day.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

captain
09-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Congrats and Thank You Karen & Paul!

I know I am not on as much anymore, however I do pop in, visiting the virtual bar when I can (damn that time zone difference!!) :D

"Met" some beautiful people across the miles ..... it sure is a nice place here at PT!

RockyRoad
09-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Well, I must say, happy anniversary to one of the best websites on the net! I love reading the D/C/POTD every day, it brightens my day to see pets and pet lovers all around the world coming together to share the love of animals. :D It is truly a pleasure to be a part of this community, and I talk it up to anyone I meet that shows the slightest interest in animals!
Thank you, Karen and Paul, for all that you do here. This website helped me to mature, and many wonderful people taught me valuable lessons that I was able to apply to my life when I was twelve/thirteen. Such a susceptible age, to peer pressure and other things that can surely turn your life around. Learning from other members what was right and wrong has taught me so much. Now, I have returned a refined and mature young lady! I`ll never forget how PT helped me to convince my (well-meaning but a bit uneducated on bunnies) father to allow Floppsy to live inside with me; not to mention the various other times Pet Talkers came together to help me, where it be through "tough love" or pure kindness. I`ve even had the pleasure, as so many others have, of meeting some of the wonderful people on here in person, including our stunning moderators. What an impact it has had on me, and so many others. :D I`m so glad I have returned and am able to see so many "new" (new to me, that is) faces sharing their wonderful pets as well.
What a wonderful place you have here, Karen and Paul, and it all comes back to the website that got this place started! I still have Floppsy and Lady`s P/DOTDs framed on my walls in here, and I used to keep it right in their "areas" when they were with me. (I`ll be sending an e-mail soon with Bandit`s entry.. my special boy and my best friend!)

Happy birthday, Pet of the Day!!
Congratulations, Karen and Paul. You must be so proud to have seen what an amazing place this has become now. And of course, we are proud as well. :)

chocolatepuppy
09-01-2008, 05:41 AM
:love:HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOG/CAT/PET OF THE DAY !!!:love:
Karen and Paul, you're the greatest!:D

Sonia59
09-01-2008, 06:18 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope there will be many many more! And thank you Karen and Paul. :love:
This after my cat was COTD that I decided to join the animal crazy community on PT :)

Medusa
09-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Happy Birthday! I originally started w/COTD because I had a sick cat and thought that I might be able to find some help, encouragement and information and the rest is history. :)

Ginger's Mom
09-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Happy Birthday to a very special and valuable site. I was looking for pictures of dogs to ooh and aah over, and I found much more. Thanks Karen and Paul.

Randi
09-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Karen and Paul, it is indeed a wonderful site you have created here...

Happy Birthday, Cat/Dog/Pet of the day! :love: :love: :love:

I was looking for some info about cats when Cat of the Day popped up, I looked every day for a while, then nominated Fister, and joined shortly after - I think it took me 3 days before I started posting.

Karen and Paul, I am thankful for the way you run PT, and for all the friends I have made here, some are closer to me than family. :) I have even been to Germany, England and USA because of you! :D

Big hugs to you both!

Felicia's Mom
09-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Thank you Karen and Paul for providing these sites for us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Daisy and Delilah
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Happy Birthday and a Big Thanks !!!:):):)

Thank you Karen and Paul for starting this site. Of all the sites I visit, it's the best by far!!:D

kb2yjx
09-01-2008, 09:56 AM
The Clan sends their very best wishes!!!! THANKS you work so hard to make this the very best site!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

columbine
09-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I guessed as much, seeing as today's Dog and Cat are dressed for the occasion! Many thanks to everyone here for their helpful advice, sweet photos, interesting information, fascinating stories, and kindness!

Love, Columbine

Sevaede
09-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Happy Birthday Pet Talk! :D

Thank you Karen and Paul! :)

RedHedd
09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Happy Birthday POTD and thank you Karen and Paul for this wonderful site and the service you do for the animal-loving community.

I first learned about POTD from iWon.com and the rest is history.

Congratulations and best wishes for many more years of animals.

Grace
09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
HAPPY, HAPPY !!!

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/9.gif

lizbud
09-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Congratulations Karen & Paul.:) Wow, I really had no idea how long this
site had been around. I found this site while browsing at my break time at
work and then joined in when my RB Buddy was going through some tough
times. I gained so much from many wonderful people along the way.:)

A Huge THANK YOU from me & my fur gang for this great place.:)

Barbara
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Happy Birthday Pettalk !!!!!!
I also think that this website is very special. Thank you for not selling it to a pet food company and being rich ;)

Kirsten
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Congratulations, Paul and Karen!

It's such a wonderful idea for a website, and so beautifully made! 11 years is really a long time for a website, and it's great to see that people still like it and keep sending photos.

I remember Luna being CotD on August 15, 2000 (http://catoftheday.com/archive/2000/August/15.html), when she was still a baby. Reminds me that I need to nominate Lily again, she's never made it to be Cat of the Day. ;)

Congrats also on Pet Talk, which is such a nice and friendly place for many years. Hard to believe that I'm here for more than 8 years now - wow!!

Keep up the great work!!

Kirsten

RICHARD
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I found POTD/PT because I inherited a rather large Katz, um cat, and spent a few months on my own trying to figure out what he was all about.

He's really not that different from all the other katz, ah, cats in the world.

Thanks for bringing us all together by the way of the internet.

And thanks especially for your Katz of the Day feature! :confused:

Maybe I will nominate a friend of mine!;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Freedom
09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Congratulations and thank you, Karen and Paul!!!

Pam
09-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Congratulations to you Karen and Paul! I have been here 8 years myself which surprises me. Who woulda thunk? :p It is a great community with caring people, and many friendships have been made over the years. Here's to continued success!

Catty1
09-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Happy Birthday, Sites! :D

I found this site when I was looking for a new home page for my mom's browser, and did a search on cats. It was an old COTD page...it was a wee kitten who was deceased. :( But I found my way to the site, and got Mom her homepage. I also looked at it a lot at home, and was totally baffled when I first looked at the forums. I didn't blog or post a lot at all, so it just looked difficult to me!

Thank you for having this and putting it up, and putting up with it, and not a few of us from time to time (me included!)

It's pretty thankless work, I know - and your dedication is really appreciated! A former PTr who created another board - well, for several months now, it has been neglected.

You are to be really commended on your 'stick-ti-itiveness'! :)

I also believe, and am glad, that Miss Hoppy's face will forever grace these pages in wee avatar style. :love:

Husky_mom
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
wow...12 yrs... and 11.... hoping for them to stay another 12 and more...

I´ve enjoyed the last 3.5 I´ve been here and would love to keep it that way... I love it here.. I finally found people just like me !!... thank you!!

I better send my submissions... can you believe I never have sent one... not even when I just lurked... bad bad me...

congrats and here´s to many many happy more!!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOG/CAT/PET OF THE DAY!
Karen, you and Paul have done a wonderful job making this place so awesome, thank you!:):)

Miss Z
09-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow! Congratulations Pet, Cat, and Dog of the Day!

I still have Pet of the Day as my homepage and just love reading about all the pampered pets from around the world.

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PET TALK!!!! You're my favorite website and I don't know what I'd do without you now.:) I came here originally to ask about my sick cat Pepper. I've never left since.:)

cassiesmom
09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Woo Hoo! Happy Birthday, Dog, Cat, Pet of the Day!

sumbirdy
09-01-2008, 10:30 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PT!!!!!!!

And thanks so much Paul and Karen for an incredible site. :love:

anna_66
09-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Without DOTD I would have never found PetTalk and made so many friends!

Donnaj4962
09-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Happy (belated) birthday Pet of the Day! I just love this site, and talk about it all the time to my friends! Some have done some lurking, so maybe they will join.

I can't start my workday without stopping in to look at the COTD and then brousing through the posts!

Thank you Paul and Karen for such a wonderful site for us pet lovers to get to know one another. You have provided a place for me to realize that I am not the only "crazy cat lady" and that it is perfectly normal for me to treat my furgirls as if they were my own children!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :love::D

Logan
09-02-2008, 09:54 AM
My start here was because my niece sent me an email with a link to Dog of the Day, I think. :) And then it was the beginning of every day for me when I went to work.

Thank you, Karen and Paul, for providing a wonderful place for us to see precious pets, and also to make long lasting friendships. :)

slick
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Well, I'm not quite sure how I missed this thread but here goes.

Karen and Paul: I really don't think that I can put into words how grateful I am for this site. After lurking for a few months and enjoying COTD/DOTD/POTD, I joined in Dec, 2002 and had no concept of what the future was about to hold.

Here I am 6 years later and blessed with many, many new friends...some of whom I've met in furrrson and many others whom I want to meet some day.

Animal people are very special. We all understand the joy of bringing a new pet into the family, we celebrate the milestones and we share in each other's grief when that dreadful decision has to be made. I also feel that animal people are more passionate, caring and have more empathy for others. This month marks two years since my cancer diagnosis and to this day I never, ever forget the support I received from this site. I'll never be able to repay that.

So Karen and Paul...or is it Paul and Karen :D, as others have said, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this wonderful site available. I'm going to send you a PM.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Happy Birthday!

Thank you Karen and Paul for everything you both do.

phesina
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Happy anniversary to the sites honoring all the Critters of the Day each day.. and thank you SO VERY MUCH, Karen and Paul!

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Bob (who is here because of Pet Talk)

Russian Blue
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!! You guys are wonderful all around and the site reflects this.

(((( big round of hugs ))))

:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
I honestly have nooo idea where I'd be without this site! Thank you SO MUCH for everything you guys do. =]

Happy Birthday to my favorite website on the internet!
:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
09-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Happy Birthday Pet Talk!! :D :D
I joined almost two years ago. Honestly, I can't even remember what I was searching (something to do with Zoee), but Pet Talk popped up and I began looking through it. At first I was shy to post anything, but reading others posts it felt so comfortable. And here I am well over 4000 posts. I just can't shut up!! LOL
I have met several wonderful people (in person and otherwise) through this site and I hope to meet many more in the years to come. :D I would not have Paizly if not for this forum. :)

Thank you Karen and Paul for maintaining this great site.

Bengalz
09-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Happy Anniversary Pet Talk and THANK YOU to Paul and Karen for making this site a special place for us to be.

I found PT accidently one day while surfing cat sites and kept coming back to enjoy the wonderful kitties every day. My two kitties had passed and I was missing them both terribly. PT made me smile and remember how wonderful it was to have had the experience of furry feet and whiskers in my life.

When Eve adopted us and became our world it was time to get official:D and I joined to share her story. Now PT is a part of my everyday - an excellent habit indeed :D

lvpets2002
09-03-2008, 09:51 AM
:love: Yes Bigg Congrats on the Anniversary.. Thanks so much Karen & Paul for all you have done.. I do live each day for my babies & this Web Site..

Cinder & Smoke
09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes, today, September 1st marks the anniversary of the founding of
PetoftheDay.com (http://PetoftheDay.com) - it began on September 1, 1997.
So today begins our twelfth year of presenting Pets of the Day ...

We want to thank everyone who has been a part of this website, and this community.

We look forward to the year and years to come ...

:)

HAPPIE ANNIVERSARY to
Karen & Mr. Paul
(aka Mom & Dad ;) )

And "We" of the Community want to Thank YOU TWO
for putting it all together,
and KEEPING it Together, for the First Decade ...
With Many More to follow!

:D

Karen
09-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone!