PDA

View Full Version : Work rant and opinions needed...

moosmom
08-31-2008, 06:01 PM
I called the store at the beginning of the week to see what hours I was supposed to work. On MY calendar at home I wrote it down, 2-7. Jaime, my co-worker said she remembers me calling in specifically to ask and also remembers that Sarah, a cashier, went and got the schedule off the bulletin board to confirm my hours.

I go into work today a half hour early (or so I thought) and asked the MOD (Manager on Duty also the Operations Manager) if he wanted me to punch in early. He said yes and to hop on any register, which I did.

I made a comment about it to my co-worker about having to close. She said, "You're lucky, you're only on till 5 pm." I looked at the schedule and I was SUPPOSED to work 10 to 5 pm. Why the hell didn't anyone pick up the phone and call me asking me where I was and why I wasn't in at 10 am???? It is bugging the crap outta me. The front end manager said it was because they were too busy.

The Ops manager and I got into it. Jaime confirmed the call and what happened. I explained what happened and he said that I shouldn't blame Jaime and that the policy is if you call in to get your hours, you have to speak to a manager. Oh really???? First I've heard of that. I left a note under the door of the store manager asking her to call me so I can speak with her.

If I get written up over this, I ain't signing nothing, cuz I didn't do anything wrong.

This guy has made alot of screw ups since he started and no one likes him cuz he's phony (he's also considering adopting Buddy).

The schedule that had today's hours was nowhere to be found so I can't prove it. But you can bet your bootie that I'm going to make a copy of the schedule every week from now on.

Anyone care to comment? I'm a hard worker and never miss my schedule (that's how bad I need the money). I always go in early and if it's busy, I punch in early to help out.

I'm really burned up about this.

jennielynn1970
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm so hesitant about getting my hours at my part time job from someone else. I think it's cause I'm paranoid they'll goof up and then I'll be late, or they'll have looked at the schedule wrong and given me someone else's hours and not mine (there is more than one Jenn/Jennie/Jenny).

What happens in our store is that if you are more than 7 minutes early, or 7 minutes late, you CAN'T punch in. I told them that I need to be scheduled at at least 5:30 on weeknights, 6pm would be better, so I can get to them from my full time job. Well, twice now I was late by 1-3 minutes because they had me on at 5pm, and I had to practically do 90mph to get to work, and when you're late, you can't punch in AT ALL!!! It gives you this nasty low beep, and the screen says "YOU'RE LATE, SEE YOUR MANAGER!"

The whole night will go like that. You have to punch out for your 15 minute break, and it will say "Not on clock". I punch out at the end of the night, and same thing happens.

I'm worried about what my paycheck will look like next week, because even though I was there, and punched the clock for everything, those two nights said Not On Clock.

The one girl I work with said, well, just leave right away from your full time job. I can't. I have to come home, change, and eat dinner. She said, well, just get take out and eat in your car. Um... that kind of defeats the purpose of working to get extra money if I get take out every night to eat in my car! I'm only home for maybe 15-20 minutes in between jobs anyway.. but I still eat at home because it was already planned on, it's what I bought already, and I'm not spending more money on crap at a drive through. I know that for some of them, this is their only job, and they live for the place. I do not. I need the job, but I'm not going to kill myself to get there. I need time inbetween jobs, and that shouldn't be a problem since that was what we agreed on in the first place. :rolleyes:

moosmom
09-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Everything is fine. I spoke to Dawn, the store manager this morning. Matt has done this before and screwed up the schedule. She said the schedule up on the board now is different from the one she had written up. Matt screwed up next weeks schedule. Now I don't feel so bad. She also said that it is NOT policy that when calling to get your schedule you need to speak to a manager. I can breath a sigh of relief.

carole
09-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Glad everything has been smoothed out Donna, here's to everything going like clock work from now on, cheers.:)