PDA

View Full Version : I lost my cat !!!! UPDATE** TRICKY IS HOME!!!

Lisacl
08-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Im heartbroken and scared for her. tonight will be the 3rd night. She's not a roamer and no one has seen her. Please keep Tricky in your prayers. I love her sooo much.:(

columbine
08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Ask your neighbors if you can check their basements and garages, places she might have dashed into and gotten closed in.

Also, notify your local Animal Control officer, so if somebody brings her in, they'll have her description and contact info.

Come home, Tricky!

Love, Columbine

kb2yjx
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your Tricky is lost!!! Many prayers that Tricky comes home SOON!!!!

Lisacl
08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Thank you for your replies. I have gone to 2 animal shelters on Sat. and put up my name and description of Tricky on all the mail boxes in my condo complex. The mail boxes will reach about 300 residents. I have a berm / river behind my condo and I have gone on the other side and spoke with 3 different residents in that side of the area and left my cell. I am hoping that maybe she got stuck in someone's garage who has gone away for the weekend because there is absoultly no sight of her and she is a very cautious cat - I have also placed an add on petfinder dot.com and called the local police dept to see if anyone has turned in a cat.

Please continue to have Tricky in your prayers -- mine never seem to work.

Miss Z
08-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh, I do hope she comes home soon! Stay strong. :(

Lisacl
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Thank you Miss Z. Please keep Tricky in your thoughts

kuhio98
08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm

This website has a lot of good ideas. Keep going back to the shelters. Look in every cage. Don't rely on the shelter employees/volunteers because you're the only one who knows your cat. (How you describe Tricky may not ring a bell with them). Ask if they have any cats in the infirmary. Insist on searching the infirmary. Go through their DOA file. :( Even look in the dog areas because sometimes (believe it or not) dogs and cats are kept together.

Randi
08-31-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm so sorry to read your Tricky is missing. :( I hope she'll be back home with you soon. Perhaps she is stuck in someone's garage. Don't give up! :)

Sending lots of positive thoughts that you'll be reunited soon.

Kirsten
08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Keeping your Tricky in my thoughts, and I hope she'll make a safe return!

This must be so scary for you!

Kirsten

catmandu
08-31-2008, 05:07 PM
TO HELP I WOULD PUT SOETHING SHE LIKES TO EAT, AND MAYBE HER BED AS SHE MAY COME BACK TO FAMILIAR SCENTS.:cool:
OUR PET ANGEL SEARCH AND RESCUE SQUADS ON THE JOB, AND HOPEFULLY THEY AN FIND TRICKY AND SEND HER HOME WHERES SHES MISSED SO MUCH!!:love:
WE ARE PRAYING FOR A HAPPY CONCLUSION TO THIS THREAD.:love::love:

moosmom
08-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Positive thoughts and lots of prayers for Tricky's safe return.

Karen
08-31-2008, 05:34 PM
We'll keep her in our prayers, that she's just stuck somewhere and will be home soon.

momcat
08-31-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Tricky is missing. You may want to sit out in your back yard or porch and call her. Hearing your familiar voice might bring her to you. Also, listen for her meows in the bushes or a field near you. Is Tricky an indoor or outdoor kitty? Be sure to check in all her favorite hidey places around your house both inside and out. Many prayers are being prayed for her swift and safe return :love:

jazzcat
08-31-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm sorry. Prayers and positive thoughts that Tricky comes home safe and sound very soon.

Medusa
08-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh goodness, maybe she's just living up to her name and trying to trick you into thinking she's lost. Prayers going up that Tricky will come right away and be safe and sound......

Felicia's Mom
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Sending prayers for Tricky's safe return home.

Lisacl
09-01-2008, 08:10 AM
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. It makes me feel better that Tricky is being thought of around the world. Tricky was an indoor cat who would go out with me when I watered the flowers. My other cat is a roamer so I keep him on a long leash. And my third cat is entirely an indoor cat. I feel lonely and sick. I just sit in the house or on my porch. As the endless hours of walking/biking/car rides have left me nothing. Its like she just vanished off the face of the earth. I am such a cat lover and of all people for this to happen to. Life can be very cruel. I have learned a lesson that i thought would never happen in the most horrible, scary way. I just hope that if she has passed on to Kitty Heaven that she did not suffer. She was such a one person cat, with only me being the one to see all her "tricks". She got petted and talked to every day of her life. I had her for 10 years. I don't know what else to say but thank you for your kind words and thoughts it helps. God bless all the animal lovers out there.
Sincerely,
Trickys forever mom.:(

Kirsten
09-01-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry there are still no news on her. :(

And yes, not to know what had happened and imagening all kind of things is even worse than knowing that your beloved friend went to the Rainbow Bridge.

I still hope she will sit on your porch one day! Maybe she's locked somewhere and couldn't escape yet. Sometimes these things happen. Once, a friend of mine has lost her cat for several weeks, but one day, he sat outside the door, asking for breakfast. They never found out where he was. But his paws where clean, so they figured somebody took him in, and it took him a while to get away and run home.

I know it's hard not to give up hope, and sometimes trying to accept the loss may be easier than the not-knowing, and waiting... but I still hope Tricky is fine and will come back to you.

Kirsten

Emeraldgreen
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Tricky. I'm wondering if one of your condo neighbours has taken her in and may not have seen the sign you posted on the mailbox. It would be best if you could literally knock on as many doors as you can to ask if anyone has seen her and give them your phone number. If you print off a bunch of flyers, you could tape one to each door in your complex or to as many as you can anyway. That way the people in your complex will also keep an eye out for her once they know she is missing.
You could also post the word 'reward' on the posters in case someone has taken her and isn't inclined to give her up. Money might inspire them to do the right thing. You wouldn't have to put an amount or anything, just the word 'reward' and then you could choose an appropriate amount if she is found. It might also get some kids to look for her to make a few dollars.
I will PM (private message found at the top right of your screen near your name) you a list of some more suggestions I have to help find lost cats. I hope you find her soon. :)
p.s. looking for her in the early morning or late evening or at night are good times because it is quieter and she will have a better chance of hearing you and vice versa. If you bring a flashlight you might pick up the glare of her eyes. Bring someone along if you're going out at night though! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that she'll come home soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Lisacl
09-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Well the fifth night we saw tricky under a deck. Actually my nieces boyfriend saw her. We had four of us out tonight with flashlights. We all went under the deck and tried to scare her out as she would not come out. She ending up running out under another deck. We sat there for a while I talked to her a lot and then 3 other neighbors came over and we lost sight of her under the deck. She must have run out the front we had about 4 on the deck and one on either side. I went back by myself and called for her. I put dry food around the area in about six spots. I actually saw her face the white that you can barely see under her belly and the spatch of white on just one toe. Other than that to see her you would think she was entirely black. I saw the very green of her eyes. She was several units over by the pool. The guy there said "oh yea I saw her around here. She looked at me in the basement window. I said why didnt you call!!!! He said he didnt see the sign until today. So now the focus is to re-visit tomorrow night and we need a fish net or something to catch her as she is super fast and terribly frightened of every person. But at least I got to see her and know she is alive and she got to here me call her name and talk to her and tell her its her mom.
I believe its all your thoughts and prayers out there as other than that one guy there has been absoultely no sight of her. I had my first true laugh after I was able to see her. Before deep down I was absoultly sick and just going through the motions.

Tricky come home now!!

Catty1
09-01-2008, 10:50 PM
GREAT news!

Instead of a fish net - use a blanket or large towel. She could get really tangled in the netting!

Maybe just you and one other person she knows well should go (with the towel/blanket) and just talk softly to her, coaxing her out. Rattle a bag of treats, too.

Or - borrow a live trap and put really stinky sardines in a dish, and put it near the edge of the deck. One of the shelters may have one you can borrow.

Also - maybe edit your title to say "Update # __, advice please" (whatever post # it is). There are lots of people here with good ideas to catch her.

Good luck!

Medusa
09-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Great news and great advice from Catty1. We'll keep the prayers going that Tricky will come home now!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Don't give up on her! I was in this same situation when my Zazou dissapeared for over a week:eek:; and she did it twice!!We finally found her in a closed shed on our "backdoor-neighbours"! Keep calling her name, and soon enough she will recognize your voice and realize she is safe with you:)

I am glad to hear you know where she is:)

catmandu
09-02-2008, 09:42 AM
THE SAD THING IS LIKE DAVID PS LOST KITTY, SHE IS SO SCARED THAT SHE DOESNT KNOW YOU, AND YOU ARE TOO FAR AWAY FOR HER TO CATCH YOUR SCENT.
I WOULDLEAVE A BLANKET WITH YOUR SCENTS ON IT, AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BRING HER TO WHERE YOU CAN CATCH HER.
OUR PET ANGELS ARE ON THE JOB AND WILL DO THIER BEST TO MAKE SURE TRICKY:love: GOES HOME!!:love:;)

Kirsten
09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Very good news that you saw her alive!! But the poor baby is probably so scared that she doesn't dare to come out...

Catty1 has given great advice to get her back, and I hope Tricky will decide sooner or later to leave her hiding place and come back to you. Does she react to catnip? If so, you could try that as well (Lily has once left our apartment and ran into the stairway, but when I offered her her beloved catnip, she made a quick return).

Dear little Tricky, please get over your fear and come back home!!

Kirsten

Emeraldgreen
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I just replied to your PM but I hadn't read your thread update. That is GREAT news that you've spotted her under a nearby deck!
I agree with Catty1 that a live trap is a good way to go at this point. You could call your local shelters and see if they have one they could lend you. The local vets might have one as well. You could see if they 'rent' them.
They are fairly simple to operate. You just set the trap so when your cat enters, the door will fall closed behind her. Just place the trap under that deck and put some food in the back of it and when she steps in to eat, the door will close.
If you do this, make sure to check the trap often to see if she has been caught so she doesn't stay in it for too long. Also, sometimes other animals get trapped instead of the cat that you are trying to catch.
I hope you are able to get her soon.
p.s. I was also thinking that it sounded like the 4 people trying to get her out from under the deck might have been a bit scary for her. She may not understand that you guys are trying to help her and 4 people might have been overwhelming for her. You might have better luck if it's just you and some food. Just a thought. :)

Lisacl
09-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Tricky's safe return.:love::)

cassiesmom
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Tricky come home now!!
Tricky, sweety, I agree with your mom! Come home, please!

Karen
09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh, thank goodness! How did you get her to come inside?

Medusa
09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
This is great news! You must be so relieved. :)

Lisacl
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Okay heres the scoop, as Catty1 humorously put it inquiring Pet Talk minds want to know. I had about 10 minutes before work this morning and i went to the last two decks we saw her under. But I did not see her. I didnt have a flashlight either (dark under the deck even in the day). So i went to work counting the hours until quiting time. I put my flashlight crew in place for tonight. I was so anxious driving home I couldnt control myself. After seeing what neighbors thought was her under a nearby deck, and wanting to believe it was her when i said "her eyes aren't as green" I dont think its her and the neighbor said she had a patch of white on her belly and I said no its more like the palm of your hand and he said about 50 hairs I wasn't sure. I wanted to believe that it was Tricky but it wasn't it was a neighbors cat. So I started to question myself was it really her green eyes, did she have enough white on her chest/belly did I really see the spot of white on her foot. I just had to have this cat out for viewing. So i decided to go to the 2 decks by the pool by myself as I could not wait for the flashlight crew. I took my cat carrying cage, feather on a stick, and the container with catnip. I always shake it before i distribute it and Tricky knows the sound. I used it the night before but to no avail as she was so frightened by all the noise / people. With the flash light I looked under the last deck she was under and nothing -- then the first deck we saw her under and I got the glare of her eyes. I sat on the ground talking to her / repeating her name then got the feather out. no movement. Finally I went back of the deck nearest the house and talked and shook the catnip. I heard her first meow. Yeah!! then a second as she moved closer. Then she just walked right out and let me pick her up --- no fight or struggle.

When I got her home I could not wait to give her water as she went all day Fri,sat,sun,mon,tues without. The temp has been in the high 80's full sun and humidty. She just kept on drinking and drinking. Could care less about the wet food or dry food. Then she just wanted to sleep. And has been on my bed sleeping still. Probably waking up periodically and realizing 'no this aint a dream, I am home finally'. So in the end it was just me who got her out. She is a one person cat as i wrote before. It was a precious moment.

Could not stop smiling tonight. I don't know what I would have done without all your replys out there. Only true animal lovers know how to console in this situation. I am so grateful for this website, and all the suggestions and to not give up hope messages.

Well off to bed shortly for a good nights sleep! (with Tricky of course):)

Thanks again all.:);)

Catty1
09-02-2008, 11:10 PM
YAAAY! It's great to see you so happy - and Tricky just zonking out on the bed after having lots of water! I bet she will be extra cuddly tonight! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2008, 01:00 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad that she's home now and safe.:)

Emeraldgreen
09-03-2008, 01:16 AM
What a great ending to this story! :) I'm so glad you guys are together again. That skunk or whatever it was that you mentioned in your PM that she was spotted chasing by your neighbour, might be too interesting for her to resist if she sees it again. She's probably safer staying indoors when you're watering your flowers. :)

Barbara
09-03-2008, 02:27 AM
What a happy ending :)
I think in most stories here on PT the cat was always not too far away. I remember Donna's Eli who was gone about 3 weeks and was near the house. It is as if they were in a different mode and had to "wake up" to get the heart to walk out again.
Tricky really lived up to her name.

Sonia59
09-03-2008, 04:05 AM
Good news! I am glad she is back home, safe.:)

GILL
09-03-2008, 07:18 AM
GREAT, GREAT NEWS, I love a happy ending.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
HURRAY FOR TRICKY !!!

That is WONDERFUL news!! I am sooo happy for you:)

Kirsten
09-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and Tricky! She must be so relieved to be home again where she's feeling safe, and where she's provided with food, water, a place to sleep and lots of lovies! :love:

She was probably so scared out there that she didn't eat, drink or sleep at all.

Wonderful news!

Kirsten

momcat
09-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Welcome home, Tricky! You must have had a wonderful reunion with your Meowmie, she loves you so much and missed you terribly. No more adventures now, okay?

MoonandBean
09-03-2008, 08:53 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! There's no better sleep than when all our babies are home safe.

catmandu
09-03-2008, 09:39 AM
OUR PET ANGEL SEARCH AND RESCUE SQUAD DOES IT AGAIN, THE ALWAYS RELIABLE STRRING O SHRIMP BRINGS THEM BACK HOME EVERYTIME!!!
WE ARE TRICKYS BACK WHERE SHE BELONGS.:love::love: