PDA

View Full Version : Minnie Mouse Cake... where to find one

sparks19
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Well... Hannah's first birthday is coming up very soon (I know :rolleyes: )

The party theme is Minnie Mouse.

However, do you think I can find a minnie mouse cake ANYWHERE? LOL NO.

Of course I have only really looked at the obvious places custom cakes like the grocery store, Walmart, things like that.

Do most bakeries make custom cakes? Has anyone had to find a Minnie Mouse cake before? I have never ordered a custom cake before (that's sad isn't it lol). Do most bakeries have cake patterns I can look at or do I just tell them I want a minnie mouse cake and they come up with a design or what?

I really am clueless when it comes to cake hunting. What kinds of places do you go to to have cakes made?

kuhio98
08-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Our local grocery stores have a book you can look through to order a custom cake.

Have you checked out the Minnie Mouse Party Box? http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-themes/boxbuilder.asp-tab_cat_id-1-cat_id-5-dept_id-358-lk-11358-id-1154

Cakes and cake toppers -- You could always get a plain cake and directorate it with these Minnie Mouse cake toppers.

Now ya know, we're gonna need lots of pictures, right? :)

Karen
08-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Most bakeries have a book of cakes you can look through, and can also make a custom cake. Minnie mouse wouldn't be too hard of a shape to make - circle pans for her ears, and little triangles for her bow, and voila! - it's Minnie Mouse!

sparks19
08-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah I was thinking I could just get some cake toppers and get a plain cake with writing on it.

My friend also just suggested those "picture on a cake" Cakes... do you think they would put a picture like Minnie Mouse on a cake or would there be copyright issues? I will have to give a call and find out.

Oh good. most places have books of cake designs. that's what I was hoping LOL.

sparks19
08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh and I forgot to add....

There will be more pics than you can handle hahahaha. I will be clicking that camera non stop that day :D I want to remember every single second of her big day.

critter crazy
08-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Do you know anyone with Baking talent?? Most bakeries will make custome cakes for you as well.

I like these cakes!!

http://thepartyworks.com/images/product_images/medium/minniefrommickeycakepan-sheetcake_med.jpg

http://www.easyparty.biz/cakepics/minniemousecakebig.JPG

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/mcrego/MinnieMouse-1.jpg

http://www.kalanfamily.com/Birthday/MinnieMouseCake.jpg

http://www.bakerysugarcraft.com.au/product/images/XEI%20195631.jpg

http://www.pamkakesonline.com/Minnie.jpg

sparks19
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
OH those cakes are so cute.

I can bake... but the decorating is not my forte so I know I wouldn't get the face right at ALL lol Wish I knew someone that was good at decorating cakes like that.

I'm hoping the place that made my baby shower cake (the cow jumped over the moon... Hannah's nursery theme was nursery rhymes) will do a minnie mouse cake.

I need to call them too

catnapper
08-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Do you have Redner's in your area (we do here, and since you're close you just might have one) they make great tasting cakes and do have Minnie Mouse. Thats where we got Cameron's birthday cake. I'm attaching a photo of his cake to show you how big this cake was (and CHEAP!!! $25!!) It didn't photograph as well as it looked in person though. The colors all looks muddy when in person it was super cute.

sparks19
08-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Hmmm there is one in Ephrata. I might have to check them out :D

jennielynn1970
08-31-2008, 05:51 PM
I was going to suggest one of the foodstores that have bakeries in them. Redner's does make nice cakes. I work at Giant part time, but their artwork at the one I'm at does NOT thrill me.

I used to bake and decorate cakes from when I about 14yrs old. The AC Moore stores and Michael's have the tins that you need for them. If you do one, even the basic "star" tip can make a nice cake for a Minnie Mouse. I did see that in one or two of the pics above. They used the star tip and just different colors. If you can get a nice stiff icing, you can do the stars and they'll stay set up really well. You could always give it a try, lol. I'd just buy a metal star tip (not plastic), you can get the bags and the inserts for the tips pretty easily (the tip should go in a coupler to stay secure). If you make the cake, find the spray that they have that is butter and flour in a can, especially for cake pans, so that it won't stick.

jennielynn1970
08-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Found this for Redner's Bakery Cakes (http://www.rednersmarkets.com/party_trays/bakery.php)

JenBKR
08-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Awww those Minnie cakes are so cute - so funny because I think we're doing Mickey for Ty's bday. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. OMG I can't BELIEVE we are talking about their 1st birthdays!! Where did the time go??? :eek:

sumbirdy
08-31-2008, 10:16 PM
For Nathan's birthday we went to Walmart. They had a book to look through and had a nice selection, several to choose from.

I don't think I've commented much on Hannah's pics but I've always looked at them. She is so beautiful. I can't believe she's almost a year old already.

sparks19
08-31-2008, 11:00 PM
I know... hard to believe all of these PT babies born around the same time as hannah are going to be a year old soon. I can't believe how fast it flies by.

Jen... awww Hannah and Ty will have matching birthday parties... CUTE.

I can't wait to see pics of his party.

Well I have looked at some books that they have in the grocery stores and such and they have mickey mouse but no minnie.

I think on Tuesday I am going to buckle down and call around and see if they have anything anywhere and what the cost would be.

I always hate calling places to ask questions because I think I have it all sorted out and then when they answer I turned into a brain dead idiot lol. Shocking I know hahaha.

and Kuhio those are the same decorations we are getting ... aren't they cute. I'm getting them from another site though that is a little bit cheaper and has three day delivery for free. but they are exactly the same design. I was really lost on what theme Hannah's party should be because she's not really INTO a lot of shows other than Signing Times and they don't sell those decorations lol. but when I saw the minnie mouse I was sold. I even got her this CUTE Purple corduroy dress with an embroidered Mickey and Minnie in a heart to wear for her birthday... I had no idea what I was going to have her wear and woudn't you know... I found it at a yard sale and it is in perfect condition. Twas meant to be :D

jennielynn1970
09-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I was really lost on what theme Hannah's party should be because she's not really INTO a lot of shows other than Signing Times and they don't sell those decorations lol.

Is Hannah hearing impaired? I didn't realize that! It's neat that they start teaching them signs so young!

sparks19
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Is Hannah hearing impaired? I didn't realize that! It's neat that they start teaching them signs so young!

No she's not hearing impaired... but a friend has a grandson that has DS and has another grandchild that doesn't have any impairments and both do the signing times for early communication and both picked up on it extremely well and were able to ask for things with signs before they were able to speak. So she heavily recommended it and i thought I would give it a try and Hannah is infatuated with it. It's the only show she likes. :D and the songs are SUPER addictive lol

sparks19
09-05-2008, 10:40 PM
We got a cake well we didn't get it... we put the order in for it lol.

We actually found it at Walmart when we went there tonight to get stuff for the new house. I almost forgot to check and we were heading to the check out and I remembered.

It's actually Mickey AND Minnie but it's really cute. it's a cupcake cake. so it's made out of 24 cupcakes. We are getting half chocolate and half white. It's a malt shop decoration and has Mickey and Minnie sharing a shake. it's really cute and we thought the cup cake Idea would be perfect so Hannah could have her very own cupcake to make a mess with without messing up the whole cake for everyone else to eat lol. So everyone can just grab a cupcake

it only cost's $20 AND because it's her first birthday we also get a tiny individual cake for free. so instead of just a cupcake she can have her own little mini cake to make a mess with

That's a load off my mind. and it will say "Happy 1st Birthday Hannah"

jennielynn1970
09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Awe!! That sounds adorable! Hope we see some pictures from the party!!

BTW... I've been dying for vanilla cake. I keep getting these people checking out with bakery cakes, and they smell amazing!! I checked for small cakes, or just pieces of cake, but no such luck!

sparks19
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
There will be LOTS of pictures of her big day :D

Awww lol I hope you get your vanilla cake fix lol.

Husky_mom
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
We actually found it at Walmart . it's a cupcake cake.

I was gonna suggest Wamart for the mold... but if they make it even better... walmart has very nice tasting cakes... adn the cupcake cake idea is great... I just did it for my kid bday a week ago.. altough I made them myself.. haha... I wanted them green!! LOL...well I was going for blue but I lost my begetabel paint so I setled for green:rolleyes:... it´s fun as each has his/her own cake AND no need of fork/spoon...:D

BTW... I've been dying for vanilla cake. I keep getting these people checking out with bakery cakes, and they smell amazing!! I checked for small cakes, or just pieces of cake, but no such luck!

If any closer I would so make you a whole cake for yourself... actually I´m just about to do one but I´m a lil undecided as it will be for my kid and I only... sooo too much cake... wanna join us? ;)

walmart also sells small cakes or cake slices... at least ours does...