PDA

View Full Version : The PODS is here... let the packing begin

sparks19
08-30-2008, 03:36 PM
So... everything is finalized. We move next weekend... PERIOD!!!!!! Unless the house burns down which at this point in time wouldn't surprise me lol.

Anyway... the PODS came yesterday. What an interesting contraption to get it on the ground... it was called Pod-Zilla lol. It was COOL.

So now that it's here we can officially start packing boxes and moving them into the PODS. We couldn't do much in the way of packing before because we just don't have anywhere to put the boxes. Now we can take them right out to the PODS.

So far I have packed up the living room (other than the TV, DVD player and surround sound) and the bathroom (except for nessecary toiletries) Hannah's room is half packed... but now I've run out of boxes lol. Brian is out getting some more.

Tomorrow is going to be our BIG packing day. Almost everything will get done tomorrow.

PODS rock

Karen
08-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Excellent, must feel like an accomplishment to run out of boxes! Don't forget to label things - when we moved to this house, it was a couple months of plastic silverware use because I was sure I'd remember which box I packed the silverware into ... and didn't!

lizbud
08-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Good luck with the move.:)

sparks19
08-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Well... it may be a couple days of plastic flatware since we don't actually own any right now lol. We have been renting our friends house while she is living with her elderly parents and just about everything in this house is hers. we haven't had room for our own stuff so we have to do a lot of buying still. JUST the nessecities for now. The rest will come later. So I'm pretty lucky that there will only be one or two kitchen boxes lol only two bathroom boxes and the rest is all just knick knacks and non nessecity stuff :)

but I have been labelling lol

K9karen
08-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Our new neighbors down the street used PODS. I see them everywhere now. So cool and convenient!!!!

You sound well organized, Bless your Heart. I hate packing.
When John helped his son move, he got done so quickly. Yeah...when the kids unpacked, they found hotdog rolls stuffed into a pot, clothes mixed into boxes with glass (to cushion them he said) even though they had packing material. They're still looking for stuff he packed. Maybe he should have thrown his portion of the job straight into the POD. :p:rolleyes: He's been forewarned to keep his mitts off my stuff.

Oggyflute
08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Hope everything goes well for you. Having just gone through the process myself I know how stressfull it can be.

moosmom
08-31-2008, 05:08 AM
Sounds like things are moving right along (no pun intended). I wish PODS would go to Michigan so I could get the rest of my things back.:(

sparks19
08-31-2008, 03:56 PM
HOORAY... All the boxes are packed and loaded into the PODS. all that's left is things we need between now and next weekend and furniture (that's going in VERY last)

We packed up EVERYTHING in about 4 hours :D We don't mess around LOL

Now we are heading over to our friends new place to help them paint and tomorrow we help THEM move. busy busy