PDA

View Full Version : Sunny is fine but sad news...

MoonandBean
08-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Sunny had a lot of fun at puppy paradise. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck and didn't really enjoy being away from her for 53 hours (but who's counting :) We stayed with my sister in law and family at the beach. My sister in law boarded her 14 1/2 year old dog, Storm, at a place similar to the one Sunny stayed at (lady only takes 6 dogs...each dog has its own room, etc...) Storm died there on Thursday which was my 2nd day at the beach but Storms families 6th day. He was old and sick and it was his first time ever staying anywhere but home . We are all heartbroken and of course, that made me worry tons about Sunny! I had to try to "act ok" cause I didn't want to upset Storms family but I was a mess until we picked her up. Even talking to Steve, the owner of puppy paradise, only helped a little. Sigh...I have to leave her there again next weekend but for only 42 hours this time :)

She really did fine there! Steve said she was "a pleasure" and never had any accidents. Steve and his wife played with her a lot in the fenced in yard. She looked fine when I picked her up and ate fine and everything when She got home. She smelled like the humane society so of course, she got a bath when we got home. I know the first time was the hardest and now that I know she can handle it, I'll be better next time.

We are going to make a RB thread for Storm. He had a great family and a great 14 1/2 years (Norwegian Elkhounds usually only live to 9 or so...He was almost 15). His family always put off going anywhere but finally decided to go on vacation and his vet recommeded this facility as they specialize in old and sick dogs. Still, it was too much for him. We are all very sad that he died in a strange place but we know that he was well cared for and had a great life!

chocolatepuppy
08-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh how sad. First time she left Storm. :( I guess that took a bit of fun out of your vacation. It's good to hear Sunny did well.:)

Daisy and Delilah
08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Awwww....what a sad story. How tragic to lose Storm like that. They must be devastated. Poor old guy. Rest in Peace Storm:(

On a lighter note: I'm glad Sunny did well.:)

kimlovescats
08-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Oh, how completely heartbreaking for your family!:( So, so very sad!

I'm glad Sunny did fine though and hope you enjoyed the other part of your vacation. ;)

Ginger's Mom
08-30-2008, 01:45 PM
How very sad. I am sure that they are devastated that they weren't with Storm. I am so sorry for their loss. Norwegian Elkhounds are great dogs. RIP Storm.

Freedom
08-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh they must feel terrible about losing Storm this way. HUGS to them.

Glad Sunny did well. But really, Mom, when does she NOT???:p

MoonandBean
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice condolences. Here is Storms dogster page if anyone wants to see him. I have shared them with his family.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/868482

Taz_Zoee
08-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I am so sorry about Storm. That is so sad. :( RIP Storm, you were a beautiful dog.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear Sunny had a good time and that you feel comfortable with leaving him there. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Storm.:( He sure was a handsome boy. RIP sweet Storm.:(

I'm glad that Sunny did well and hopefully the next time you'll be able to enjoy yourself and relax a bit more.:)

K9karen
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
:(:eek: I'm so sorry to read about Storm. Please give his family my condolences.

I'm glad Sunny's OK.

With RB Cody and Mz Logan, there was always someone home. Because Cody was a big boy, and our yard wasn't fenced at the time, my mother wasn't too keen on taking care of him for 4 days while I was on a business trip to London. I boarded him in my vet's father's huge, lovely facility. I called my mom when I arrived at my hotel, and Cody was home. She called the boarder, and he said Cody was just sitting straight up in his kennel. My mom felt so bad, she made them stay open until she got there to get him home!

I'm even hesitant to leave Logan at my niece's. Logan loves her Beagle cousin, Gizmo and is comfortable there (after a while), but I'd still be worried. I'm just a worry wart.

cyber-sibes
08-30-2008, 10:40 PM
:( play happily at the bridge, Storm.
My heartfelt sympathies to his family.

And hugs to Sunny, she's always such a cute little bugger.