PDA

View Full Version : Fister's amazing sense of smell

Randi
08-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I just took out a frozen package of fillets of Plaice - they're IN the freezing bag still, and I put them in warm water to defrost. Who comes running from a deep sleep on my bed, three rooms away - yes, Fister! I had even cut up onions before. I would have thought they had drowned the fish smell. He's in the kitchen now - miawing! :rolleyes:

Catty1
08-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Fister! You smelled something "fishy", didn't you! LOL

What a guy! Of course - he is not getting ANY fish from you, right? OOPS - did that little bit accidentally fall to the floor? ;)

Barbara
08-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok- I have similar experiences here. I think he deserves some plaice now :)

Edwina's Secretary
08-30-2008, 12:21 PM
I see a future for Fister...starring in a t.v. commercial.

Opening scene...Randi opens a can of premium salmon (or other fish)

On cue...Fister runs into the room...cue the music!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
:D Sometimes I think they can smell the fish when it's first caught millions of miles away before it even gets packaged!!! :D

Randi
08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Actually, I think he favours plaice to cod these days - and a few pieces DID fall on the floor. ;)

Sara, DA DA... music... spotligt.. me opening a packet of raw fish... Fister coming full speed. Oh, and he would get $$$ to buy more fish! :D

MOFF, I think you’re right - they just KNOW there’s fish somewhere!! Gosh, I think I should get back in the habit of eating fish twice a week! I do like it! :p

momoffuzzyfaces
08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Gosh, I think I should get back in the habit of eating fish twice a week! I do like it! :p

Fister votes YES on that idea! ;):D

RICHARD
08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
That reminds me of a trick I play on the Edster.

If I open a can of tuna and drain the juice into a bowl, I dip a finger into it and put it next to his sleeping nose.

His head flies up and his eyes bug out of his head!

Fun to see!:cool:

Randi
08-30-2008, 01:33 PM
... I dip a finger into it and put it next to his sleeping nose.

His head flies up and his eyes bug out of his head!

Fun to see! :cool:
Oh yes, ther's nothing that will wake them up quicker! It really IS fun to see! :D

catmandu
08-30-2008, 07:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/0317dd3d.jpg
IF THERES ANYTHING THAT OUR CATS LOVE BETTER THAN FISH, WE DONT KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD BE!!!
THAT BRINGS EVEN THE MOST TIMID PORCHIE OUT IN THE OPEN.
WE HOPED THAT BIG ORANGE FISTER LOVED HIS SHARE!!!:love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/fcd65369.jpg

phesina
08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I can hear Fister singing his theme song: "There's a plaice for me... somewhere a plaice for me..."

kt_luvs_kitties
08-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Fister, Your antics make me giggle. I am glad you got your share!;)

And Richard, He does not run when he hears the spoons rattling, or the can coming out of the cabinet, or the can opener? You have got SOME cat there!

Mine run at the slightest sound of those things. BUT the can opener, then they start climbing my back:eek::rolleyes::p

Randi
08-31-2008, 04:44 AM
I can hear Fister singing his theme song: "There's a plaice for me... somewhere a plaice for me..."
LOL! Good one! :D

Oh yes, the can opener is another thing that will speed him up. ;)

Kirsten
08-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow, Fister, I'm really impressed! :)

LOL! :D Good one! ;)

Kirsten