PDA

View Full Version : Screen Print?

Freedom
08-29-2008, 08:23 PM
How do I "take a picture" of a screen on the web, and save it as a photo so I can put in into a Word document?

I know so many on here do it, several of you have sent me 'screen pictures' in a PM to walk me through how to do something. Now I want to walk someone through and I can't seem to get a screen picture.
Thanks!

Karen
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
What operating system do you use? Windows? Mac?

Hellow
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Use the "print scr" key then paste the image into Paint.

Karen
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Use the "print scr" key then paste the image into Paint.

Not every keyboard has that key. That's why I asked what kind of computer she is using, and what operating system.

Freedom
08-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Windows XP home edition.

Hellow
08-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Not every keyboard has that key. That's why I asked what kind of computer she is using, and what operating system.

Mainly that applies to laptops with their miniaturized keyboards, but I understand your logic.

Freedom
08-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't see a 'Print Screen" button.??

Sevaede
08-30-2008, 11:51 AM
The button, if you have it, should say something like "prt scr" and off to the right or bottom it should, also, have "sysrq". :) For me, it's right next to the scroll lock, page up, etc. (right above the arrow keys)

Karen
08-30-2008, 12:21 PM
"To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:
1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn.
3. Open a new document in MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Print the document when you're finished pasting screen shots."

http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/

Freedom
08-30-2008, 03:05 PM
GOT IT!

Thanks so much!!