PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to see beautiful Mia? *3 pics*

Kfamr
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I take a lot of photos of her, but I thought I'd share a few I took tonight.

She is so perfect.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/mia8-28-20081.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/mia8-28-20082.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/mia8-28-20083.jpg

Karen
08-28-2008, 11:18 PM
She's a beauty! I hope her daddy is coping okay. Does he have other family around to help out?

Taz_Zoee
08-28-2008, 11:33 PM
She is beautiful. I can't even look at her pictures without crying. In a couple of these pictures I can see that she looks like her mommy, from the pictures you posted of Nicole.
She is such a lucky girl to have you as a godmother.

krazyaboutkatz
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
She sure is a cutie pie.:D

Laura's Babies
08-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Look at those chubby little cheeks! SOooo kissable!

chocolatepuppy
08-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Mia is precious.:)

Kfamr
08-29-2008, 05:47 AM
She's a beauty! I hope her daddy is coping okay. Does he have other family around to help out?

Her "father" (read: sperm donor) is barely there. Mia is not in his "care" and it's for the best. At first, I was upset that she may not be able to see her father, but now I realize it's for the best. He is no good - he was physically and emotionally abusive to Nicole. He lived off of my friend and her grandparents, sucked them dry. He's a loser, completely. He has nothing and there's no way he could support this child.

You'd think with the circumstances he'd try to step up and be a man/father. Nope. He got visitations the other day, he was three hours late. He brought a friend of his to the visitation, she spent more time feeding and holding the baby than he did. He spent most of the time outside smoking cigarettes. You'd think, after not seeing your child for almost a week, you'd want to spend as much time with her as you could. Nope.

The only thing he's given this child was the DNA to be born and a pair of socks. That's the only thing he's bought her. He has her stroller somewhere and you'd think he'd have the decency to realize she needs it and bring it back when he visited. Nope. We're not even going to bother with it, I'm just going to buy her a new one when $$ is right. You'd think he'd call ahead and ask if she needed anything, bring her presents, etc. Nope. I bring that baby something everytime I visit her, which is almost daily.

Mia lives with my friend's grandparents and this is the best place for her. She has her nursery there, two loving adults, plus many visitors that are there daily. I highly doubt her "father" is ever going to get custody of her with his record or ever man up enough to do so.

Sorry... went on a wee little rant there. :eek: Back to precious Mia... :)

RockyRoad
08-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Mia is absolutely adorable! Sorry that her dad has to be so difficult, but at least she has people like you around her to love and support her. She has such a beautiful smile! :)

Ginger's Mom
08-29-2008, 06:17 AM
She is adorable. :D I am sorry to hear that her Dad isn't much help right now. Do you think losing Nicole may make it difficult for him right now, and that is why it is hard for him to hold Mia? Hopefully that will change. It is difficult enough for grandparents to be able to keep up with little ones no a full-time basis as they grow and become more active and inquisitive, for great-grandparents it will be very difficult. It is wonderful of you to be so involved in helping this little girl. More prayers going out for everyone involved.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Those eyes! Those cheeks! She's precious.
She's a very lucky little girl to have you and her great-grandparents in her life.

AdoreMyDogs
08-29-2008, 09:39 AM
What a beautiful child. It still tears me up that she won't get to know her mom, but you can tell her all the wonderful stories about her mom when she's older, and keep Nicole's memory alive.

She's just wonderful!

Husky_mom
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
what a lovely girl!!... love her cheeks

too bad she has a lousy "dad"....good for her she has her grandparents and YOU...

I too can´t help looking at her and leaking, she´s precious.....((hugs))

4 Dog Mother
08-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Mia is a very beautiful precious little girl. It is dreadful that she is going to grow up without her mommy. However, if her dad is like you have described it would be better if he never got custody of her. It sounds like he just used your friend and her grandparents. Mia certainly does not need a negative personality in her life. It is going to be hard enough growing up.

You are a great godmother! I hope you are able to continue to visit her frequently so she can grow up knowing her mother from her mother's best friend. Remember you don't need to bring her something every time you go to see her. Having her grow up knowing someone loves her enough to come see her will make her life very special!

Maybe you have mentioned this before but did Nicole have any siblings? Are her parents alive and able to visit?

The grandchildren of the people next door have always been closer to their grandparents than their parents. Just recently one of the grandhildren who is 19 had her 2nd child - a little boy. Her grandmother has been helping her a lot with her 3 year old and now began helping with the baby. One day two weeks ago she dropped the kids off and never came back to get them. She never calls the little girl to talk to her or calls grandma to see how the kids are doing _ that baby is a month old. The girls parents are both working full time and grandma is home except for a part time job she does on the weekends but I don't understand why she is taking on these two children. They wear her out as I know my own 2 would me if I had them full time. They are in their 60's and certainly were not expecting to raise basically a 3rd family.

I certainly know that it is not Nicole's fault that her grandparents are taking care of the child and I certainly would do the same for Jasmine (although I REALLY may be too old too do that) but what an undertaking for great-grandparents!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Mia is absolutly precious. She's such a beautiful baby girl!:love::love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
08-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank God she has you to care so much about her, Kay. She is absolutely precious. How can anyone deny being a part of her life if they've been given the chance? I'll never understand it. Thanks for the pictures. I hope we get to see her alot here at PT. She's a beautiful little angel.:)

jennielynn1970
08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh my gosh, what a sweet, precious, little girl! It's so sad that she'll not grow up with her mom. I'm glad she has loving people all around her! Those Hello Kitty sheets are absolutely adorable as well, lol.

That "sperm donor" sounds like an idiot. What kind of person doesn't even want to spend time with their child, and prefers to stand outside and smoke?! Ugh. Hope the "friend" will see the light and get herself out of the relationship as well!

Kfamr
08-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Hope the "friend" will see the light and get herself out of the relationship as well!

The friend is my best friend, the one who passed. She can no longer be hurt by him.

Kfamr
08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
She is adorable. :D I am sorry to hear that her Dad isn't much help right now. Do you think losing Nicole may make it difficult for him right now, and that is why it is hard for him to hold Mia? Hopefully that will change. It is difficult enough for grandparents to be able to keep up with little ones no a full-time basis as they grow and become more active and inquisitive, for great-grandparents it will be very difficult. It is wonderful of you to be so involved in helping this little girl. More prayers going out for everyone involved.

I'd like to be able to give him that much credit, but no, I don't see that as the case. He was never supportive of his child. Like I said, his contribution was a pair of socks and sperm.

The great grandparents are doing wonderfully with little Mia. They rasied her mother (Nicole) as Nicole's mother was barely there due to personal issues. In the past few years, Nicole's mother came into the picture, so she's been helping with the baby, too. Mia also has her aunt, Sarah, who just started highschool and has been a great help... among many other relatives who visit daily. :) So yeah, great-grandma and grandpa have a lot of help and I don't think they'd like Mia in any other situation.

Kfamr
08-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Maybe you have mentioned this before but did Nicole have any siblings? Are her parents alive and able to visit?

I certainly know that it is not Nicole's fault that her grandparents are taking care of the child and I certainly would do the same for Jasmine (although I REALLY may be too old too do that) but what an undertaking for great-grandparents!

Nicole has a 14 year old sister and a mother. They're there everyday. :)

I honestly don't think her great grandparents would have it any other way.

Medusa
08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
She's beautiful. Her lips are perfect. This girl deserves only the best in life. She's perfect.