PDA

View Full Version : My vet is a bit of a celebrity...

carole
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
We have a new vet who has joined the practice, gabe from London, he is awesome, i really like him a lot, i just found out he was a vet on Animal Hospital, which was filmed in London with Rolf Harris, some of you might not know him, but he is a well known Australian entertainer.

He seems like he is really up with everything, and i am impressed so far, he is gentle and kind with the animals too,he has seen Ash a couple of times now and has given me some advice,Gabe has a kitty and a dog, and a NZ wife, and a new baby, he met his wife in London and shifted here as she is from my city,anyhow just thought i would share.

Catty1
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Heavens! Is Rolf still with us??? :D

His looong ago hit "Six White Boomers" was very popular when it came to Canada!

carole
08-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Well candace he was still alive and working in the UK in 2005, so i think he is still with us.:)

Killearn Kitties
08-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Oooooo a celebrity vet? Get you. :D

I didn't see that programme often enough to recognise any of the people on it. Except Rolf of course - such a pile of mush where animals are concerned. I'm sure that if Ash likes Gabe, that is a good endorsement.

Miss Z
08-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Ooh, I think I remember that vet, from watching Animal Hospital religiously when I was about 8 years old. :D

That's so cool!

carole
08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I am not sure how long ago Gabe was on the programme, i shall ask him next time i see him, he is in his thirties i would think, at the moment he has a shaved head,i never saw the programme much, but would love to now, anyhow has a lovely british accent.:)

ChrisH
08-30-2008, 05:43 AM
I remember him! Well, Gabriel Hagard, anyhow, maybe the same fellow? Here's the text about him from Animal Hospital.

Gabriel Hagard
Gabriel has wanted to be a vet for as long as he can remember. He has been at Harmsworth for eight years. His first day at work was also the first day he was filmed for Animal Hospital and he's been a regular ever since.

Life as a Harmsworth vet is unpredictable. "When I arrive at work in the morning I have no idea what will be waiting for me! There is such a great atmosphere here and we all have a lot of fun working as a team." As well as examining pets in the clinic, Gabriel keeps an eye on what's happening in the wards and operates in one of the hospital's two theatres.

Gabe is the very devoted owner of three cats and a rescue dog called Spike who was brought into Harmsworth as a stray. Spike was very thin and weak when he arrived at Harmsworth, but now he is in tip-top condition and bounds around with an unbelievable amount of energy - something the team in the production office can vouch for!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/a_hospital/staff.shtml

carole
08-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes Yes that is him, how exciting, thank you for posting that article, small world eh?

He looks a little different now, less hair, have a look at all my lovely vets including Gabe at www.newsteadvets.co.nz.

Do you know the vets is about three paddocks down from where i lived as a teenager, we built a new home on a ten acre block we had, wish we still had it, as the ten acre block is now being sold for lifestyle blocks, if only i could afford it i would buy one in a heartbeat,they cost as much as my home is worth all together, sigh, so close to the vets, my old territory and in the country but only a hop skip and a jump from shops and the motorway into the city, just gotta win the lotto.,my cats would love it there too.,i could walk to the vets with my puddies whenever needed, wouldn't that be great.

ChrisH
09-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Gosh, he looks much happier & healthier than he ever did back in old blighty! And thanks for the link, it looks like a great place!

carole
09-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Ah well you see he has the love of a good kiwi woman now, and living in small paradise lol,what else would you expect,:D yep i love all the vets at newstead, they are an awesome caring bunch, Gabe is the only male vet now.:)