PDA

View Full Version : Guess What I did last evening??!!!

kb2yjx
08-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Riley had a vet appointment last evening, and I was carrying him back into the house(in his carrier). I thought I had cleared the step that leads into the kitchen, but the next thing I knew, Riley and I CRASHED to the floor!!! Barry heard the noise, and rushed into the house. My left ankle was looking like the size of 2 softballs, and Riley was scared to death. I told Barry to get Riley settled, then bring me some ice. Off to the ER. To make a very long story short, I have a left distal fibula fracture and a left 5th metatarsal fracture(toe). Here I sit, leg iced and elevated, waiting for a call back from the orthopedic group. The cats and Cat Angel Nurses are here, the purring is so soothing....Will update after the visit to the orthopedist, which might be in a day or longer(Labour Day weekend here in the US)....At least I get to spend time with the Clan....

Laura's Babies
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
OWIE! What a thing to have happen. I know it hurts so gentle purrs and ((((HUGS))) for you from here. Take care of yourself and stay off of it!

catmandu
08-28-2008, 09:43 AM
WE KNOW THAT MOOSE ANGEL WAS LEADING THE PURRRS AND THAT RALPH IS ORCHESTRATING YOUR SNACKS TONIGHT, A YARD LONG HOT DOG;) WITH ALL THE TOPPINGS, CRISPY FRIES AND A NICE MILKSHAKE.:cool:
AND TOSTADAS FROM SAM AND PRECIOUS POCO LOCOS AS WELL.:love:
WE HOPE THAT THIER LYING ON THE LEG AND WARMING IT HELPS YOU IN YOUR HEALING AND YOU ARE BACK ON YOUR FEET VERY SOON.:cool::love:

Taz_Zoee
08-28-2008, 09:48 AM
OUCHIES!! 12 years ago on the Thursday before Labor Day weekend I severely twisted my right ankle. Luckily nothing was broken or fractured. But I know somewhat of how you are feeling. And for it to be right before a long weekend. :(

Just take it easy, let your kitties nurse you back to health.

Killearn Kitties
08-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh no! That doesn't sound nice at all. Nothing else for it but to sit with your feet up and cuddle cats. I hope that those furry nurses have you better in no time.

Randi
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh, poor you! :( I hope you'll feel better soon - in the meantime, cuddle your kitties! :)

(((hugs)))

Anikaca77
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Ouch...I hope you get lots of rest and take care of yourself.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Take care, and hugs for your baby that crashed with you.

Melissa

kimlovescats
08-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh dear, Sandra! :eek: You sound like me now!;) I totally "feel" what you are going through! Be sure and stay off that foot and let Barry and the furry nurses take good care of you!

(((HUGS)))
Kim :love:

Felicia's Mom
08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry that happened! At least you didn't end up in the hospital! Sending good vibes for your recovery!

phesina
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh, Sandra.. YOWCH!

I am glad you are under such expert nursing care as you heal and get back on your feet again.

Pat and cats

lvpets2002
08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
:( Oh my Ouchy Ouchy == well take care of yourself.. For sure let Barry & the furr babies take care of you..

kb2yjx
08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all your care and concern!!! It is not easy for a nurse to be a patient!!! However, I am trying to be good!!! I will see the doctor on Tuesday. Seems so far away! I will survive, the Clan and the Angels are looking after me!!

Casper
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Ouch!
Rest up, It sounds like that Clan of yours is taking good care of you. :)
I hope your recovery is a speedy one.

krazyaboutkatz
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope you'll feel better soon and will heal up quickly. At least you have a lot of furry nurses to help look after you. Please take care.