PDA

View Full Version : Luna was under the weather last night

Kirsten
08-27-2008, 04:02 PM
She laid down last night at 9 pm and didn't even get up when their supper was served (Lily ate her portion). And she was still in bed this morning at 9, which means she didn't get up for 12 hours!

This morning, she wasn't interested in her breakfast either. Usually she's rubbing my legs while I'm preparing breakfast, but not today. Alarmed, I called the vet and she confirmed what I already suspected:

Luna got her shots on Monday (against respiratory viral diseases and panleukepenia), and her condition was probably a reaction to the vaccines. I was really worried, but later this morning she started eating again, and after a while, she was back to normal.

My poor girl! She wasn't well at all last night! :(

Kirsten

catmandu
08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
THERE WILL BE PET ANGELS VISITING POOR LUNA AND HELPING HER FEEL BETTER UNTIL YOU CAN TAKE HER TO YOUR VET KIRTSEN.
THATS SO HEART BREAKING WHERE OUR DEAR FRIENDS ARE ILL, AND WE CAN DO LITTLE ABOUT THAT, EXCEPT TO PRAY.
AND OUR PRAYERS FOR COMING FOR LUNA, THAT YOUR VET CAN PUT HER RIGHT NAD SHE WILL BE FEELING WELL SOON.:love::love:

Taz_Zoee
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm glad to hear Luna is beginning to feel better. It's so scary when they are not well. If only they could talk and let us know what's wrong.

Catlady711
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Do you know if your vet vaccinates for the new Calicivirus (VS-FCV)? We started using the new Calicivax by Fort Dodge just over a year ago and we do have more cats acting sluggish like Luna for a day or two. Even some of my own cats, and my mom's cat are sluggish like that for a bit. After a day or day & 1/2 at the most they come around and are their normal perky selves again.

I'm glad Luna is feeling better now. It's always scary when our furbabies don't feel good or act right, it worries their meowmies!

Kirsten
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Thank you! Luna seems to do better today. She spent a lot of time on my bed and slept, but this is something she's doing many days... In fact, she meowed and wanted me to lay down with her, so she could snuggle a bit. Sweet girl! :love:

Do you know if your vet vaccinates for the new Calicivirus (VS-FCV)?

Hmm, not sure, but I guess not. Don't even know if we already have that virus over here, but I will ask her.

Kirsten

lvpets2002
08-28-2008, 02:55 PM
:love: I know for sure our babies worry us when they are not the same.. So glad she feels better..

Medusa
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm glad to read that Luna is doing better today. I often think "if only they could talk". Then I think about it. I have 7 blabbermouths. No thanx. LOL Keep getting better, Luna! :)

kittykatharine
08-28-2008, 11:57 PM
That is wonderful Luna is feeling better. It is always scary when our babies stop acting normal - but it is so nice when they regain their usual routine. To many more happy leg rubbings in the morning for breakfast!:love::love::love: