PDA

View Full Version : Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flattery...

AmberLee
09-06-2002, 09:08 PM
I was at the craft store today and fell in love with a thread crochetted lace sunhat designed for a teddy bear. It's adorable. I hope eventually that Livvy will allow me to place it on her head and photograph her in it. She may not be as charming as Edwina in a chapeau, but I think she'll be very sweet in it anyway. Assuming that she quits thinking I'm trying to attack her with it. :eek: :rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2002, 09:47 PM
LOL I bet she will look so cute! Edwina is a very tolerant cat, I used to dress my cat Misty up in baby doll clothes, shirts and shorts. Acosianlly the sox, but very rarly as she HATES her feet touched. She looked cute and after we were done showing everyone she would sit on teh bed and give me this look of ok is this tourcher over yet? LOL. Poor kitty. She liked it though, although she would nver admit to anyone :D .

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-06-2002, 10:43 PM
all I have to say about that is
PICTURES!! PICTURES!! PICTURES!! :D

kohala
09-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
all I have to say about that is
PICTURES!! PICTURES!! PICTURES!! :D
DITTO!! DITTO!! DITTO!!

Logan
09-06-2002, 10:56 PM
Hehehe!!! Pauline, I think the majority has spoken. We need pictures!!! :D

NoahsMommy
09-06-2002, 11:23 PM
How fun! Cant wait to hear and see how that all works out!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2002, 12:47 AM
Yes, AmberLee we need to see pictures. I'm sure she'll look stunning in her new hat. :)

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Yeah! Another cat in the hat!!! (A little turkey always works as a distraction with Edwina.)

Can't wait to see the pictures!

AmberLee
10-13-2002, 12:27 AM
The ONE shot that didn't turn out on the roll. :( Do you believe the rotten luck? (And the shop was closed for a week for remodeling after the film was processed but not yet picked up. I could just SPIT!)

Well, here is a shot of the hat and Livvy -- she let it rest on her body, if not her head. ...

AmberLee
10-13-2002, 12:30 AM
Here is the furry princess refusing to inspect the suspicious object ...

AmberLee
10-13-2002, 12:31 AM
Here is the furry princess pretending if she ignores it it will go away ... :rolleyes: :p

AmberLee
10-13-2002, 12:34 AM
:confused: Even if you are, you aren't getting off that easily!

Uabassoon
10-13-2002, 01:07 AM
AmberLee thanks for posting the long awaited pics. They were well worth the month long wait.

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2002, 01:32 AM
AmberLee, I'm sorry that the pic of her with the hat on didn't turn out. Maybe when I come over next Sunday I can take another pic of Livvy in her hat. She sure is a beautiful cat. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Pam
10-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Pauline, I think she was just trying to be a cowgirl kitty. Remember Annie Oakley? She wore her hat hanging down her back. I'm quite sure that's what Livvy had in mind! ;) Now she just needs some boots and spurs for those little cat feet!

gini
10-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Pauline, what an adorable hat! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Livvy does NOT look amused though.

Vermontcat
10-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Well, at least you got the hat on the cat somewhere. Maybe not on her head exactly but at least close. That is a lot better than most of us can do with our cats!:D

Edwina's Secretary
10-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Edwina is so intrigued!!!! A new fashion statement. She loves the daring look of taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary! She is convinced this look will now be seen on catwalks around the world.

Fabulous darling Livvy...absolutely fabulous. Edwina takes her hat off to you!

tuxluvr
10-13-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
The ONE shot that didn't turn out on the roll. :( Do you believe the rotten luck? (And the shop was closed for a week for remodeling after the film was processed but not yet picked up. I could just SPIT!)

Well, here is a shot of the hat and Livvy -- she let it rest on her body, if not her head. ...

ROTFLOL....SHE Looks like she's saying

Mom, it looks like a starched doily......for heaven's sake, cats do NOT wear doilies! Doilies are for the backs of couches, not the backs of cats! hee hee...great pics

Miss Meow
10-13-2002, 06:36 PM
How sweet! I love that look cats get when they feel embarrassed just to amuse their humans! I hope you can get it on her head for the next roll of film :)

wolflady
10-14-2002, 01:45 PM
LOL LOL ROTFL!! Those were great! Livvy sure didn't look amused. Much the same reaction of my guys if I try to put something on them! LOL Sooner or later, with enough treats as a bribe...the hat may sit on the head for a few seconds....!!! :D :D

NoahsMommy
10-14-2002, 05:21 PM
I love it!!! "If I ignore it, it's not there!" Sooooo cat-like!!!

Cute pics!! :)

AmberLee
10-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Yippee! KrazyAboutKatz stopped by for a visit today and brought her digital camera. We got a couple adorable shots of Livvy in her lace sun hat (once I added some feathers to adorn it). Watch this space!

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Yes, I was over at AmberLee's house today and I took many pics of Livvy in her hat. I was also able to take some pics of Cassy in a Santa hat, reindeer antlers, and an angel halo with wings. Here are a few pics of Livvy.

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2002, 11:49 PM
Here's another one.

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Here's one more.

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2002, 11:56 PM
Here's one of Cassy trying to eat the hat.

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Okay here's one more of Livvy and Cassy that I attached together.

AmberLee
10-21-2002, 12:48 AM
It may not be immediately obvious from the looks on their faces, but the furkids REALLY loved Aunt KrazyAboutKatz and even played through what would normally have been two nap times to hang around her.

"Thank you, Aunt KAK, for taking our pictures! We love you and we love to sniffie your camera and purse and hands to get to know our cousins Storm, Pepper and Sunny."

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2002, 11:10 AM
AmberLee, I think that the picture of Livvy in her hat that I attached next to Cassy would make a great signature pic for you. Don't you think so? I really enjoyed meeting your two adorable furkids. I'm also glad that they were very friendly to me. :) Now that I know where you live, I'll have to visit more often. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Edwina is wild with envy. The style, the sauciness of the angle but most of all.......THE FEATHERS!!!!!

What a dashing fashion note! Truely inspired to take ...a hat...and make it a STATEMENT!

That sound you hear is thunderous applause for the incomparable Miss Livvy!