PDA

View Full Version : Buddy is peeing again

moosmom
08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I heard someone scratching on the kitty tent and woke up to Buddy scratching a very wet tent. I threw it in the shower and turned the water on it.

He was doing great, then this. If I could just rule out a UTI that would put my mind at ease that it's just a UTI and not a behavioral problem. ALL the litterbox just box cleaned.

I so want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I want to take him to the vet and rule out a UTI, however I don't have any money. He's not my cat and I am tired and very disappointed. I was so hoping he'd fit in. That's what makes me think he's got a UTI. If I had enough Clavamox and Baytril, I could treat him myself. But I don't.

Just when I thought things were going so well.

I hate my llife.:(

moosmom
08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Buddy will be going to the vet on Friday to rule out a UTI. If it IS a UTI, then I should be okay and keep looking to find him a home. The Westport Humane Society said they should have a spot for him by the end of the week. My friend Chris is going with me and will put it on her credit card. I'll pay the bill when it comes in. I have to at least rule out anything medical. It'll give me peace of mind and I can say I tried.:(

catmandu
08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I KNOW THAT CAN BE FRUSTARTING AS TUBSTER PANTHER HAS A SORT OF HIT AND MISS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LITTER BOX.
HES GOT SOME OLD RAGS HE USES IN THE CLOSET, SO I HAVE TO KEEP PICKING THEM UP NAD WASHING THEM SO THE OTHER MALES DONT GET IDEAS.
I PRAY THAT BUDDY WILL REACT WELL , AND NOT MAKE YOU FIND HIM A NEW HOME, ALTHOUGH IF HE NEEDS TO BE AN ALPHA CAT, THAT MAY BE THE BEST THING.
WE ARE PRAYING THAT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU.:love::D:cool:

kb2yjx
08-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Out of box experiences are so frustrating. It is like our cats are testing us, to see if we do the right thing!!! You are doing the right thing!!! Good Luck!!!

Catlady711
08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm

That site has a TON of info on cat litterbox problems and things to do at home to help (assuming it's a behavioral problem, not medical).

I tried the things on that site and I went from 7-8 accidents a week to a month accident free until the other night. I now have a HUGE rubbermaid tub with Cat Attract litter in it and the cats LOVE it. They practically aren't using any of the other 6 litterboxes at all, and best of all, only one accident in a month.

Medusa
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Pee cats can be so exasperating but you're doing the right thing by ruling out a UTI, etc. Hang in there, Donna. Good that you have a friend that's willing to help somewhat w/expenses. :)

moosmom
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
There's better news. After he's been seen by the vet, he's going to his new home in Danielson, CT!!!!!!! I got a phone message while out running errands and it was a woman who is in love with him. WOOHOO!!!!! But first, the vet check. Then I'll do a home check to make sure it's a good home. Can't take any chances.