PDA

View Full Version : It is my honour to introduce....

Sevaede
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
A new little PTer! :D Kristina, DJ Fyrewolf, gave birth on Sunday, August 24, 2008 to a happy little BOY!. He was two months premature but weighs in at a nice 9 lbs. :D He's the biggest in the NICU! :D

Please welcome little Nicolas Alexander!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/aug241.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/aug243.jpg

Isn't he ADORABLE? :D He's already got the nicknames Nick, Nicky, and Nico/Neko. He is so sweet and adorable and soft!

WELCOME NICKY! :D

CONGRATULATIONS KRISSY AND JOHN!

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS - What an adorable little boy !!!

Two months premature? WOW!!!! He would have weighed 15 pounds at full term. He is precious!! Welcome to PT Little Nicholas Alexander!!:D

Karen
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Welcome, little one! You're a big boy, and I am sure glad you and momma made it safe and sound! I see you've got the good mohawk hair going on already! :) Congrats to Mom and Dad!

moosmom
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Congrats Kristina on your new son!!!

prechrswife
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Congratulations! What a happy surprise, and what a big boy he is!:D

Taz_Zoee
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the world Nicolas! And to the PT family. :D :D
He's such a beautiful baby boy. Congratulations Kristina! :)

sparks19
08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
WOW. Congratulations.

9 lbs and two months premature. HOly smokes. Mom is kinda lucky he was early. Can't imagine how big he would be if he baked for two more months.

he's gorgeous. That's so cute... it looks like his hair has frosted tips :) Cutie

lvpets2002
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
:love: WoW did you say 2 months premature & still at nine pounds.. What a Big Boy.. He is Adorable.. Congrats mom & dad..

Moesha
08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm with everyone else in sending congratulations. (After I pick my jaw up from the floor. I read your post twice before closing my mouth. 9 pounds! WOW!)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Awwwwwwwww :love:, what a precious little boy!!!

Welcome into this world sweet Nicholas Alexander :)

RockyRoad
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Congratulations!! :D
Wow, two months, you just couldn`t wait to start your life with your wonderful mom, could ya, Nicky? ;) He`s such a cutie!

pitc9
08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Holy COW! 9lbs!

(ya think the Doc got the due date wrong? ;))

Congrats! LOVE his hair!

Felicia's Mom
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Congrats Kristina!
Welcome Nicholas!

chocolatepuppy
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome Nicolas Alexander!
Congrats Kristina!:D

Catty1
08-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Congratulations! Welcome, Nick! Wishing you and mom many snuggles and cuddles. :love:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/funny-pictures-polar-bear-is-snuggling-a-baby-polar-bear-who-looks-like-a-zombie.jpg

cassiesmom
08-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome, Nicolas and congratulations, Kristina!

DJFyrewolf36
08-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Thank you so much! :D

I am still in a state of shock...

He made his appearance quite suddenly...I had just come off of working a 12.5 hour shift of security patrol and was trying to get some sleep. Suddenly I felt a bit of cramping, nothing that felt like a contraction though (Although I know now that no contractions are typical lol) I went to go to the bathroom and my water broke :eek:. I figured I better get into the hospital, even though I was fairly sure that I was early. John was in the process of calling a friend of ours to give us a ride there and the head crowned! I yelled to John to call 911 and he said "why do I need to call..." and he saw the head and said some things Im not going to repeat lol. He called 911 and got the dispatcher on the phone who kind of talked him through the process, thankfully hes had some training on how to deliver a baby ;) By the time the paramedics arrived, Nick had already made his entrance into the world! The whole process from when I started to cramp to when he was actually born took maybe 15 minutes. :eek: The paramedics cut the umbilical cord and took Nick to the hospital in one ambulance and me in another. They admited him to the NICU because he was premature and he had some blood sugar issues that are now starting to resolve themselves. The NICU doctor says he should be able to come home by about the end of the week. :D Im lucky, I didn't have any tears "down there" and I didn't need stiches at all. I was discharged from the hospital today and the nurses and doctors are amazed at how quick I recovered. I kind of thought things were going slow lol :rolleyes: I think I look so bad in the picture but everyone says I look darn good for JUST having a 9 pound baby.
John had the unfortuneate task of cleaning things up at the business...but he said he had so much adrenilne in his system he was glad to obsess over something for a few hours lol.

Wow...I still can't get over the thrill of the whole thing. I wish I had something more intelegent to say than that but I don't lol.
As soon as he is out of the NICU I'm getting a TON more pictures :D More updates as I get them ;)

Thank you all again!

cyber-sibes
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Congratulations & Welcome, little Nick!
:eek: That's quite an exciting entrance there, Nick. :D

Glad you are all okay. Wow, no tears? No complications? You're a natural! And it sounds like John did an A-1 job assisting!
:D He's a beautiful baby boy!

4 Dog Mother
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Wow, a 9 lb 2 month early baby boy!!! And a home birth to boot! Amazing! I wonder how much he would have weighed if he had gone full term - and I bet you wouldn't have had a home birth with him then!

He is absolutely darling and I love his name. Congratulations to you and daddy - looks like you both your work to do on this birth - good job - great daddy - my husband would have probably passed out and I would have had to lay there until he woke up to get the emergency squad there.

cloverfdx
08-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Oh wow congratulations :D. Welcome to the world Nicholas, although your entry was quite early and very quick ;).

Ginger's Mom
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, congratulations Kristina, and welcome to the world Nicholas. That is quite an entrance you made, little boy, I think it means that you are going places fast as you grow up. Congrats again, and I am glad to hear that you are both doing well.:)

Laura's Babies
08-27-2008, 12:31 PM
GREAT JOB!! I am blown away! NINE POUNDS and 2 month premature? :eek: And he was delivered at home? :eek:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cataholic
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Can that story be topped? I don't think so!
Congrats, and welcome to the world, little one.

Kirsten
08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
How very cute!! :)

Congratulations!!

Welcome to this world, little baby boy! :)

Kirsten

kimlovescats
08-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Congratulations! Good thing he didn't cook any longer or you'd have been having a c-section!:eek::D What healthy looking and adorable little guy he is!:love:

Sevaede
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh, if I may point out, he has the CUTEST WIDDLE CHUBBY CHEEKS ever! :D Nicky is just so adorable! :D:love:

kimlovescats
08-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Congratulations! Good thing he didn't cook any longer or you'd have been having a c-section!:eek::D What healthy looking and adorable little guy he is!:love:

Oh my gosh! I just read your post! DELIVERED AT HOME BY YOUR HUBBY???? WOWZA!!!! :eek::eek: Girl, you are QUICK! LOL! I'd say standing on your feet for 12 hours had something to do with that! Big ((((HUGS)))) to you, hubby and baby!:love:

AdoreMyDogs
08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Can that story be topped? I don't think so!
Congrats, and welcome to the world, little one.

Wowwie! My thoughts exactlly! You'll always have a fun story to share with your friends and Nick will always have a fun story to share about his enterance to the world. How amazing and what a perfect, beautiful little boy he is! A HUGE congrats to you and GOOD JOB to John for delivering his first baby haha. What an incredible honor for him.

Just WOW.

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
That story is unbelievable!! Let me add: You Look Great as it is but after that, You're Mrs. America!!! More Congrats!!! WOW!!:D

Alysser
08-27-2008, 08:32 PM
CONGRATULATONS!!! :D Nick is adorable, and wow what a story to share LOL. :p

DJFyrewolf36
08-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Nick is doing better in the NICU. He is eating better, his sugar levels are regulating themselves and he has no signs of infection at all. :D He is being treated for a mild case of jaundice now, which hopefully will be better by tomorrow. I am hoping and praying I get to take my little boy home soon.

I am so happy!

molucass
08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow! What an experience.

Congratulations on your gorgeous baby boy.
I LOVE his hair.

krazyaboutkatz
08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow!!! Congrats!!!:D I'm glad to hear that he's doing better and that he'll hopefully be able to come home soon. I look forward to seeing many more pictures of him.:)

Jods
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
wow he sure wanted to enter this world with a BANG! 15 min labor oh I am sooo jealous lol. But I'll stick to the hospital lol. CONGRATS!:D

Karen
08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Don't you worry about the jaundice, that's so common in premies. I had jaundice and so had to stay in the hospital, according to my parents, "until I turned the right color." And I was only 5 1/2 weeks early, not a whole two months like Nicholas!

He'll be back home with you soon, and of course better safe than sorry at this early stage.

Give him a kiss for me! He gets to have a summer birthday party every year now, so should have good party weather - which is much less predictable in October!

sparks19
08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

I really hope you get to bring him home soon. I know it's no fun to have them in the NICU. HOw has your experience there been? Have you grown close with the nurses? I know they were a Godsend for us when Hannah was in the NICU with Pneumonia.

I can't wait to see more pictures of your sweet boy when you get to bring him home. What a happy day that will be :)

congratulations again

Sevaede
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Just a quick update...

Krissy is in the middle of moving. She will probably be all set up in the next couple of days. :D

carole
08-29-2008, 11:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to you both on the birth of your adorable son Nicholas, love the name,WOW what a big boy he was, be glad he was prem Kristina, OUCH. i feel for you, he is lovely.:)

My son was 8 pound ten full term and he was a big boy for me as i am quite small built,and was in intensive care over night, he looked huge compared to the little two and three pounder prem babies, i imagine everyone wondered what on earth this big healthy well filled out baby was doing there,he was not a bit wrinkly,more like a two month old really.

DJFyrewolf36
08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
An update from the hospital...

Nick is in the pediatric unit (and out of NICU yay!) for hopefully only tonight and then he can come home! Im staying at the hospital with him and taking care of him (Id never thought Id say a daiper change was fun but it sure is to me lol) while he is monitored. Everything seems to be A-ok!
Prayers please that my beautiful boy can come home tomorrow!

Daisy and Delilah
08-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Thoughts and prayers are going out from me right away. What a joy it will be to bring him home---I hope it's tomorrow!!(That's today here :) )

prechrswife
08-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Great news! I hope to read soon that little Nick is at home with mom and dad.:)