PDA

View Full Version : How do I find....

sparks19
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
party halls?

It appears that I may need to find a place to host Hannah's birthday party because things really might go south with this house within a few hours and because of the appraisal the sellers may decide not to sell at all if the closing costs are too high.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we are NOT getting the house... period. Brian keeps saying it could happen but I just can't be optimistic about it anymore. Too much has gone on and there have been so many changes and so many hoops to jump through that just seem ridiculous.

So....

that really puts me in a pickle for Hannah's birthday.

I am going to need to find a venue to host it. How do I do that? where do I look? I really have no idea.

I pulled the invites back out of the mailbox before the mail came thank goodness.

If this wasn't her first birthday I honestly think I would just say "To h#ll with it" because I'm not really in a party mood that's for sure.

I just have no idea where to even start looking for places to rent. Do I look in the phone book? Under what subtitle? I have no idea.

caseysmom
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Call your local parks and recreation department, I rented a hall for my daughters 16th birthday through parks and rec.

Karen
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
I would start first with any local churches, they often rent out their halls when church is not in session. But then you could try the VFW if you have one, but I bet someone at one of the local churches will give you advice on who to call if you cannot rent a space from them.

Is there a kid-friendly restaurant nearby that might do parties? Or a nice park nearby that has picnic tables?

Taz_Zoee
08-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Type in google - places to have babies first birthday party - and then put the city and state you are in. It comes up with lots of party ideas and if you put in the city it may come up with places to have it.
Do you have a Gymboree around you? I have no idea how much that costs, but it is good for that age.
Sorry about the moving plans. Hopefully it will work out for you though.

Husky_mom
08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
I had my boys 1st bday at home too... but there were just adults as at that point he had no friends :( ...

are you having many kids over??... you could rent a small place... you might find them under party salons... party rentals... birthday.... not really sure how your yellow pages work but you can look on a web based yellow page and just tiçype party or birthday and it should show up rental places....

don´t stress too much.. I know 1st bdays are a big thing, to us, as the baby wonñt even notice :rolleyes: but don´t stress too much... try to keep it simple and enjoy it

sparks19
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
if everyone with kids attends there will be about 8 kids there ranging from 10 months to 12 years old.

I will check out some churches and see what they offer.

The only reason I don't want it outside is because her birthday is on September 27th... so I can't really count on how the weather will be. if it's really hot everyone will be suffering (mostly me lol), if it's rainy the kids can't really run around and play. I have bad luck with weather lol.

There is actually a Gymboree around here. I didn't even think to check there. I am going to call them too.

Hubby says that everything is fixed with the house... but with everything that has happened (we have been trying to get this house since May... between delays with us and delays with the sellers, who are also our friends, it's just been a big mess) I am not putting all my eggs in one basket. I want to at least find out where else we could have it just in case.

caseysmom
08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
I announced my second pregnancy and my first daughters first birthday:D

Freedom
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
You can check the yellow pages. When I had Dad's 80th birthday, I used the Knights of Columbus Hall. Had the best rates by far! I spent a bit more on decorations (yeah, as if I wasn't going to get all that fun stuff!) because of the savings.

If you rent, what will you do re food? Are you and other folks making it or do you need a caterer? Some halls have kitchens, others don't, some you have to use their caterer. I used a caterer, but the menu was all things she prepared at her location so we did not need the kitchen at K of C; which also saved some big bucks.

So sorry to read of the house issues, I remember when you posted last May about it, you were 3 inches off the ground!

Moesha
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Are there any community centers in your area? Maybe call the chamber of commerce and ask them if they know of any places with a room you could rent.