PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Notice?

gini
09-06-2002, 06:24 PM
We now have over 4,500 members and we are going strong.

Here's to Karen and Paul!!!!

AmberLee
09-06-2002, 07:43 PM
No, I'd missed it. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Freckles
09-06-2002, 07:46 PM
But 35% have never posted! They're missing a lot.

(I love search.)

lizbud
09-06-2002, 09:23 PM
4500 members ... Hummmmm Is big always better ?

lynnestankard
09-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
4500 members ... Hummmmm Is big always better ?

Not always Liz! As Joan said - their missing a lot! Too True!

Lynne

ChrisH
09-07-2002, 10:15 AM
WOW!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-07-2002, 12:28 PM
:eek: :eek: Wow, that's a lot of members!

But if 35% have never posted, that's 1,575 that we have never heard from. Then if you subtract the next level that have posted once, twice or even just 10 times, that's probably another 1,000 or so, leaving around 2000 more or less active members. Which I think is pretty normal for any group of people. There are always those that will participate fully, those that particpate somewhat, and those that belong but never participate. That's just the nature of a group of people.

So, for those of you who have never posted, or who we've rarely heard from, lets hear from you! We don't care if you English isn't that good (if you're from another country) or if your grammar isn't perfect, we just want to know about your furkids. There must be something you're dying to tell us about your furkids. Come on, lets hear from you!!!

PS - can you hear me now? ;) :D

Former User
09-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

So, for those of you who have never posted, or who we've rarely heard from, lets hear from you! We don't care if you English isn't that good (if you're from another country) or if your grammar isn't perfect, we just want to know about your furkids.

Yeah, look at me, english isn't my mother tongue, but that never stopped me (some may say they wish it had), and I've got over 4 000 posts already! :D So, come on and join us!

Cincy'sMom
09-07-2002, 01:47 PM
And even though I have spoken only english my whole life, I can hardly type it, for all the mis-keys and wrong spellings...so it mught as well be poor english!

Join Us!!! Tell us about your pets!!!

Freckles
09-07-2002, 02:17 PM
At the top, go to Members, then Advanced Search. Toward the bottom "and Number of Posts is greater than", type in 10. In options, "Order by:" choose Posts and Descending order. Click on Submit.
You'll get a list similar to Top 25 Posters, except number stops at 11 posts.

And there are just 604 PetTalkers on the list.

If you're curious, try other combinations and have fun!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-08-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Freckles
If you're curious, try other combinations and have fun!!

Hey, that's pretty cool! Thanks Freckles! Just another one of those little trivia things about this board that most of us don't know about. :)

And what I found amazing was that even though Spencer the Lion hasn't been on for a few months now, he is still in the top 5 posters.

And when did Sara & Tinky get to 1600 posts!!?!!?! We'll have to keep an eye on her because she'll be a double blabber mouth before we know it!

I could go on and on with all this neat little info, but I gotta go. Gotta get something done around the house today :rolleyes: and it's not going to happen if I stay on PT - although I'd much rather stay here. <pout> :)

tuxluvr
09-08-2002, 11:12 AM
I'm one of those who started out strong and have tapered off - still striving for that 1000-blabbermouth status....This summer has been busier than usual. (but a search tells me I AM in the top 100) ;)

The new news is that as of mid August I quit my regular job and started my own technology training consulting company! I now work out of my home office when I'm not working at my clients' offices, and Ritz is my "official office assistant" (which consists primarily of sitting in the front window, or next to me on the desk....sometimes assisting with the keyboard...the latter is often fraught with messy results and much editing). She also reminds me that 5:00 is long enough to sit up there, the other day she left and came backwith a fake mousie to drop at my feet with this pleaful look and meow "it's time to play now, mom".

I'll never have to worry about enforcing a dress code with this little beauty around!:rolleyes: :D :cool:

Anyway, I have not meant to be so absent, but that other life stuff does take time :)

tuxluvr
09-08-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty

Yeah, look at me, english isn't my mother tongue, but that never stopped me (some may say they wish it had), and I've got over 4 000 posts already! :D So, come on and join us!

I've lived in the USA my entire life and I can vouch for the fact that your command of the English language is better than MANY of my fellow countrymen!! :)

Oh, and folks, Casper and Kitty rank #4 in all time high posts! A round of paw-applause, if you please!

Former User
09-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

I've lived in the USA my entire life and I can vouch for the fact that your command of the English language is better than MANY of my fellow countrymen!! :)

Oh, and folks, Casper and Kitty rank #4 in all time high posts! A round of paw-applause, if you please!

A humble http://www.salacious.de/Smiliez/charaktere/char070.gif

tuxluvr
09-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
:
PS - can you hear me now? ;) :D

OH, T&P's mom, don't EVEN get me started on that cell company that shall remain nameless! After getting the latest and greatest in digital phone technology, I find that I apparently live in the digital equivalent territory of "The Land of the Lost"...all I can pick up is a VERY WEAK analog signal that sucks the life out of my phone battery in about a five-minute conversation, AND renders all the neat web and message features virtually useless until I leave the county and once again enter civilization.

Can you hear me now, INDEED! We actually called them and complained, and said NO, I CAN 'T HEAR YOU NOW!! They told us we should probably think about going to another carrier...gee, NOW you tell us!

"I know...off the original topic, but obviously a sore spot"

wolf_Q
09-09-2002, 01:49 AM
I actually joined maybe 2 years ago, then I was absent for quite some time...when I came back I think I had around 200 posts. That was at the beginning of this year. I just hit the 700 mark a few days ago. Yay for me! Only 300 more before I can be an official "blabbermouth!" :D

That's sweet we have over 4,500 members! Maybe we should do a search and see how many members have over 100 posts? Not to say that any newbies aren't "active members" or that people that have posted that much are still active....but just curious.

wolf_Q
09-09-2002, 02:46 AM
I did a search for people who have posted since Aug. 1st, 2002 and have over 100 posts........I think it was around 140 people.....but I'm tired lol.

Former User
09-09-2002, 02:55 AM
Click here to see the top 25 posters (http://64.246.0.213/talk/memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters&perpage=25)

lovemymaltese
09-09-2002, 03:15 PM
I missed it too, that's a bunch!