PDA

View Full Version : My step father's in hospital!

Kirsten
08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Reinhold, my step father, had heart problems this morning (tachycardia, sweating, and he was hyperventilating), and he felt so bad that my mother called the emergency doctor. They brought him to the hospital to be sure it's been no heart attack. Well, obviously it wasn't, and he's doing better meanwhile, but to be on the safe side, they'll put him on an intracardiac catheter tomorrow. And he has to stay at the clinic for a couple of days.

I really hope all goes well, and that it's nothing serious. Could be it's "just" stress related, but we'll see.

Emma, the rottie was really confused today. She saw how they carried her Human Daddy away, and she was looking for him everywhere. She was whining a lot and acted really confused. I took some pictures of her today which I will share with you tomorrow. :)

Hope Reinhold will be alright!

Kirsten

shepgirl
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry about the bad time you're going through Kirsten. Hope everything works out okay for your stepdad. Meanwhlie look after that Rottie, some dogs take it hard seeing their loved ones carted away like this.

RICHARD
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Glad to hear the news that it's just a small thing...even tho nothing is small.

Sending out good thoughts!:)

Karen
08-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Aww, I hope he'll be okay! Poor Emma baby!

kimlovescats
08-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Prayers for Reinhold! Pets to Emma!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I sure hope that he'll be okay and that it's nothing serious. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I hope that Emma will calm down and won't get stressed about missing her daddy.

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
How scary, Kirsten. I'm so sorry. Poor Emma. She doesn't understand. That must have made it even more worrisome. Thoughts and prayers going out. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Felicia's Mom
08-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Sending prayers and positive vibes to your stepfather!

Medusa
08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Prayers going up for Reinhold, Emma and all concerned, Kirsten. Hopefully, there will be no more incidents.

smokey the elder
08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I hope that as part of the diagnostics they check for Grave's disease, a form of hyperthyroidism. These sound like pretty classic symptoms (I had it; had iodine 20 years ago for it.) I hope he gets better.

phesina
08-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Good wishes and prayers for Reinhold, and for Emma and the others who love him.

Kirsten
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Thank you for your prayers for Reinhold!

Well, he's home now, released himself from hospital yesterday. He waited all day for his intracardiac catheter test, but in the end, it turned out they forgot to add his name to the list! :mad: Needless to say, he wanted to go home immediately.

Now he wants to have this examination done in another hospital, but as far as I know, he doesn't have his appointment before September. Hope it's the right decision to wait.

@smokey the elder, I was also thinking about something thyroid related. Dealing with Hashimoto's myself, I know there can be symptoms like that. I think he should be tested for Grave's disease or Hashimoto's.

Re. Emma: I'm sure she was relieved to have her daddy back!

Kirsten