PDA

View Full Version : Been kind of down lately.

Marigold2
08-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I have been kind of down lately. Not paying attention to my diabetes diet, have gained weight and having a lot of hot flashes and sadness. :(:(:( I just feel like I am at a standstill in my life, not moving forward and at almost 50 it's not a good thing.
I was so excited and pumped up about going to England and the trip was all I hoped for. Actually it was even better then I imagined. But coming back here was very depressing for me. I wish I was still in England. Right now that is not possible.
Today I decided to stop feeling down. :):)
Then it came to me, a way to get out of the dumps and do something nice. I am having a party next weekend. I will do all the cooking and cleaning. I am asking all the guests to bring something for a pet so I can donate it to the Berea Animal Shelter which is a NO kill shelter here in Ohio. Pets are so deserving of our love and kindness. I copied the list of all the shelters need and put it in the invites. I am also asking each guest to bring a picture of their pet so we can have a cutest pet contest. I was thinking of putting up a large picture of Michael Vick for the dart game. :p:p:p LOL
I am also having a trivia contest with all pet questions.
I think this is just what I need. To do good for animals and stop thinking about myself and what I don't like in my life and do something positive, make a change.
Can anyone help me with some animal trivia?

Medusa
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I can't think of any animal trivia at the moment but applaud your effort to go outside of yourself, Monica. Good for you and good for the animals, too. Atta girl! :)

Karen
08-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Let's all post animal trivia questions for Marigold to use - none of your guests are Pet Talkers, are they?

1. What group do rabbits fall into?

a. Arthropod
b. Rodent
c. Annelid
d. Lagomorph

2. A mule is the result of breeding which two?

a. Donkey and Burro
b. Horse and Donkey
c. Burro and Mule
d. Mule and Mule

3. What is the largest land-based predator?

a. Grizzly bear
b. Elephant
c. Polar Bear
d. Bengal Tiger

Catty1
08-23-2008, 10:09 PM
What do you call a group of cats?

a. Herd
b. Cluster
c. Clowder
d. Bunch

Karen
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Hee hee - you can do Pet Talk trivia ... see if they can guess:

1. "Moosmom" owns what kind of pets?

1. Cows
2. Cats
3. Dalmatians
4. Degus

Catty1
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
LOL! That's great! :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Here's a link to some animal trivia questions: I hope it works. You may have to copy and paste. I'm computer illiterate:confused:

www.usefultrivia.com/science_trivia/animal_trivia_index.html

Another one:

www.i-pets.com/petfunt.html

I think it's fantastic that you're doing this. What a creative way to make yourself feel better. I think many of us can use this for inspiration. Have a great party!!!

Whisk_Luva
08-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Sorry you've been down ((hugs))!

I hope your party goes well... seems like a great idea ;) (I like the Micheal Vick dart idea :p)

Sorry I am no help with the trivia, I am rubbish at coming up with good questions..

More ((hugs))

Marigold2
08-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks so much everyone. I hope to have a nice turn out and to raise some much needed supplies for the shelter. I will of course be serving the Kitty Litter Cake.
Alicia and I made it three years ago for her work Halloween party and it was a big hit.

Randi
08-24-2008, 12:24 PM
It's a great idea doing an animal trivia at your party, and such a good cause. :D I'm sure this will make you feel a lot better - you're alrady half way! ;)

I like the idea of Micheal Vick for a target on the dart board too!

Have a great party!

(((hugs)))

boomersooner
08-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm so happy you are feeling better!! I know you will have a wonderful time at your party....one request, though, would you throw a couple of darts at vick's picture for me, too? Thanks!!!!

slick
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Marigold: What a wonderful idea....something I would never think off. Let's spread the word and have one these parties all over the world. Just think of the good we can do for our local shelters.:)