PDA

View Full Version : Sheltie vs. Retriever which do you like more?

SheltieLover234
09-09-2000, 05:34 PM
Personally I like them both but if I had to pick I`d pick a Sheltie because I love the show Lassie but Retrievers are cool and my computer teach is in love with them.

Sophies Daddy
09-09-2000, 08:24 PM
Personally, I prefer the Papillon, or the Miniature Border Collie as they are often referred to in training circles. All of the personality of the Sheltie and Border Collie (more, that is, than the retrievers), the good behavior, and loving dedication in a smaller package. Please take a look by clicking here (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=253143&a=1881713).

Here's a sample (if this works...it isn't a conventional format.)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=253143&a=1881713&p=16563435

casmeow
09-20-2000, 10:13 AM
Retreivers! We have 2 Black Labs and they are terrific, but I have never met a golden retreiver that isn't sweet, loving, accepting of EVERYTHING - and at any age! They seem to have the best, consistent temperments.

Albea
10-05-2000, 11:11 AM
All dogs are wonderful,loyal and loving. But when it comes to Golden Retrievers, they are at the top of my list for good temper and beauty. I had three Goldens in the last 20 years. The one that shares my life now was Dog of the Day on July 13,2000.Take a look at her and you will see that smile that makes all your troubles go away.

tatsxxx11
10-24-2000, 05:05 PM
My heart just can't let me say I love one breed of dog over another. I will say I'm partial to big dogs. I have always had a lab or lab mix and think they are just the best. FUNNY, sweet, athletic perpetual puppies with such a love for life. Nothing gets them down! Goldens are just the most gentle breed ever, I think. And so beautiful. My first adopted pup was supposed to be a sheltie. I just adore them. But instead I ended up with the best dog ever, "Jingles," my beautiful lab-golden cross. She had the best of both breeds and was the love of my life. All dogs are the best when they are your's to love, and love you back!!

------------------