PDA

View Full Version : In honor of my best friend... *pics* Update: Post 24

Kfamr
08-21-2008, 11:10 PM
In honor of my best friend passing (Read Here (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=2050702&postcount=26)) I went and got this done today.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/miababy0.jpg

It's Mia's footprint and lyrics from I'll Be Missing You. I toyed with a few different quotes but then I was listening to this song and thought that part was perfect. It's on my upper right arm.

And as a treat, here are a few photos of my beautiful goddaugther. She is getting so big. I love her to pieces. I was there most of the day, left to get my tattoo, and then went back. I got to bathe her and feed her today. :)

Holding my finger...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/miababy1.jpg

Looking at me...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/miababy2.jpg

Falling asleep in my arms...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/miababy3.jpg

Logan
08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Kay, I don't know the story about your dear friend, but that is a beautiful way to remember her. The little baby is absolutely precious.

Karen
08-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Awww, that'll be a nice remembrance of her, and it is good to see Mia, such a pretty baby, and she looks so soft and snuggly! Give her a kiss for me, okay?

RockyRoad
08-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I`m loving the tattoo, it is a beautiful tribute to your friend. Mia is such a cutie pie, and she is so lucky to have a wonderful godmother like you to be with her through all of this. {{hugs}}

Taz_Zoee
08-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Kay, the tattoo is absolutely perfect! I (again) have tears in my eyes. Especially seeing Mia's paci. My heart aches for this beautiful baby girl. She is very lucky to have you as a godmother so you can keep her mothers memory alive from a different point of view of Nicole than family.

ramanth
08-22-2008, 12:15 AM
That tattoo is lovely Kay. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Although I'm not fond of tatoos, this is a very nice way to remember your best friend. Mia sure is a cutie pie and she's a lucky girl to have you in her life.:)

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2008, 05:00 AM
What a special way to remember Nicole. Mia is precious.

Flatcoatluver
08-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I love that tattoo, it stunning and a great memory for such a great woman.

Husky_mom
08-22-2008, 10:45 AM
it turned out awesome.... but I burst in tears when I saw Mia and her pacifier... and I donīt even know them...

bless you and Mia... may you be stong enough for each other

finn's mom
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I am sorry that Mia's mom died so young, and before Mia could really know her. Keep your memories strong for her, you can be a connection to her mother when she's older and asks about her mom. She is beautiful and I think the tattoo is lovely.

k9krazee
08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh Kay, what an awesome tribute to a friend. I adored the pictures of Mia, as well.

Alysser
08-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Wow, Kay, that is really nice! :) What a good idea, and a great tribute to your friend. Mia is adorable, again I'm so sorry for your loss, Kay.

Daisy and Delilah
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
It's perfect, Kay. Mia is so precious. I'm still praying for you both every day. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

*LabLoverKEB*
08-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I really like it Kay, it's perfect. Little Mia is just precious, what a beautiful baby she is. Still sending prayers.:love:

Ginger's Mom
08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Kay, the tattoo is absolutely perfect! I (again) have tears in my eyes. Especially seeing Mia's paci. My heart aches for this beautiful baby girl. She is very lucky to have you as a godmother so you can keep her mothers memory alive from a different point of view of Nicole than family.

I am sorry that Mia's mom died so young, and before Mia could really know her. Keep your memories strong for her, you can be a connection to her mother when she's older and asks about her mom. She is beautiful and I think the tattoo is lovely.

I agree very much with both of these posts. You have so much you can share with Mia about her Mother that others may not have seen. She is lucky to have someone like you to help her learn about who her Mother really was. That is probably the best tribute/gift you can give her. Sending out may virtual hugs and prayers for you today.

ilovemypup
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I am so sorry about Mia's mom, Kay. But that is beautiful what you did...

sparks19
08-22-2008, 07:48 PM
awww kay... that is a beautiful tattoo.

I've got goosebumps all over.

caseysmom
08-22-2008, 08:48 PM
I am so sorry about your friend Kay your tribute to her is beautiful. In the olympics one of the volleyball players has a tattoo in memory of her mother, I think that is really touching she will always be a part of you.

Bengalz
08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Kay,

You are a wonderful person to, in spite of all your sadness, take the time to think only about your dear friend and her beautiful baby. Your tribute is very special.

The time you spend with Mia, loving her, taking care of her and protecting her is the best tribute of all :love: Her Mom would have wanted that most of all.

Stay close to that precious little girl; she will always need you :love:

Hugs, Betty

cyber-sibes
08-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Very nice, Kay. Mia is a doll, such lovely photos of her holding your fingers.

Cataholic
08-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Kay,
I have tears in my eyes for your friend, her precious daughter, her family and for you. That you can, and will, carry on, says so much about you. Be strong for Mia. Be strong for you.
Johanna

jennielynn1970
08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
That's a lovely tribute for your friend.

Have they discovered what caused the cardiac arrest to happen? It's so tragic that she was so young and left behind a child. :(:(

Thoughts and prayers going out to her family, and also to you.

Kfamr
09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I added to it yesterday. A daisy, for Nicole's birthflower, and a rose for Mia's birthflower.
http://a394.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_9ba3dbad9ea04605b1798a3156076eb9.jpg
(sorry it's the only pic I have of it right now)

Wednesday marks 1 month. It seem it's not getting any easier, just harder. So many things remind me of her and bring me to tears.

I haven't deleted the numbers I have for her from my phone. I can't. I go through my contacts to see who I can call, go past her name, stop and think "oh, I'll call Nicole." Nope.

I wish so bad I could turn back and see her one last time. I miss her so damned much. This is horrible.

Karen
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Write down things, incidents that remind you of her, and you can give it to Mia when she's older.

Beautiful job they did on the flowers, and it looks like one integrated design, not like it was done in two separate pieces, too.

Daisy and Delilah
09-15-2008, 07:19 PM
It's beautiful, Kay. I've been meaning to PM you and see how you're doing. I wish there was something I could do for you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Bengalz
09-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Your tattoo looks amazing. I'm so sorry this is such a difficult time for you. Your heart will heal and hopefully then you can enjoy your memories.

Hugs, Betty

ramanth
09-15-2008, 07:30 PM
What a beautiful addition. *hugs*

Casper
09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Thats a really beautiful memorial, and I was going to say the exact thing as Karen did, about how well the two are integrated. I hope things get easier for you with time. I will continue to keep you and everyone involved in my thoughts.

I haven't deleted the numbers I have for her from my phone. I can't.

I still haven't deleted my dad's cell phone number out of my phone yet and it has been more than a year. I just can't bring myself to do it quite yet...

Huge (((((HUGS))))) headed your way.

Scooter's Mom
09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats a really beautiful memorial, and I was going to say the exact thing as Karen did, about how well the two are integrated. I hope things get easier for you with time. I will continue to keep you and everyone involved in my thoughts.

I still haven't deleted my dad's cell phone number out of my phone yet and it has been more than a year. I just can't bring myself to do it quite yet...

Huge (((((HUGS))))) headed your way.

It's almost 7 years since I lost my mom, and I still check her email so that the account doesn't vanish.

((Hugs)) to you.

CouturePup
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Kfmar,
I am so sorry. Mia is beautiful. I lost too lost a friend from cardiac arrest, hers was a result of an eating disorder.

Kfamr
09-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Kfmar,
I am so sorry. Mia is beautiful. I lost too lost a friend from cardiac arrest, hers was a result of an eating disorder.

That's the same case with Nicole. Between that, just having a baby, and the stress her goodfornothing boyfriend put on her.

Mia really is a miracle baby. Besides being born 4.9ounces, completely healthy, Nicole was never even supposed to be able to get pregnant because of the issues she had, but somehow, she did.

mina'smomma
09-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Such a beautiful way to remember her. I'm very sorry for the lose of your friend and Mia's mother

cyber-sibes
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
It's beautiful Kay, it all goes together so well.
Don't delete her number at all if you don't feel like it. I still have a tape from my old phone answering machine with the last two messages my mother left me, & she's been gone for over 15 years now.:love:

anna_66
09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I love it Kay. Beautiful way to keep them both with you at all times.
(((HUGS)))

4 Dog Mother
09-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Kay that is a great tribute to your friend and her daughter. It is quite beautiful and I am not really into tattoos.

I don't know what to say to you about the rest. I miss Rob every day and you are right sometimes it seems even harder than it was in the beginning. I sometimes think maybe I will call him and get his perspective on something or just to talk to him but then realize I can't. The only think I can say is that if it didn't hurt, we didn't love them or didn't know them (meaning they were not in our lives) and that would be a terrible thing too. Hang in there - feel free to call if you need to - we can cry together. You will always have a part of Nicole through Mia. And while she will never replace Nicole, she will always be a reminder of what a special person Nicole was in your life.

I will be thinking of you and praying for you as well as Mia and her family.

Kfamr
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Yesterday I spent around 4 hours with your beautiful baby and I love her so much. She looks so much like you Nicole. The way she smiles, the faces she makes, her hair. Everything. She's just as beautiful as you were. She's smiling more and more everyday. I remember when you said you were so scared about her starting to cry real tears, so am I.

I know how happy it makes you too, the love we shared for Mia was amazing. I've hated kids my whole life until I met your beautiful child, from the second she was born. I love her even more now because she's all I have of you.

I can't even explain the way it makes me feel not to have you here. I have great friends but no one will could ever be friends like we were. The girl that would be here within minutes if I need her. The girl that I would spend 43423424 hours in Wal-Mart, Target, or even f-ng Race Trac.

We were goofy as$es who found humor in the stupidest places. We were always laughing together. We thought the same things at the same times and I know there's plenty of times where I told you to get out of my head.

We shared some of the most incredibly moments together and I'll never forget them. I wish there was a way to let you know how really grateful I am for being able to do so.

It's a sad day when you can relate to a Master P song, but seriously dude...
"I keep my memories, try to keep my head strong
But baby it's hard to be strong, when yo main homie gone"

"Even though you gone away
(Even though you gone, you ain't never gon be forgotten)
I know you in a better place
(Cause as long as I'm here
You gon live through me and other TRU playas)
I really miss my homies
Even though they gone away
I know you in a better place
And I hope to see ya soon someday"

"I pray for you, I'm glad you in a better place
I hope I see ya soon, ain't no more killin
Ain't no more fights, and ain't no more tears"

Nicole, it is amazing how many people you have effected with your leaving. I really hope you know how truly you were loved, your family and friends. Even people that didn't know you are reaching out to embrace your beautiful daughter. She has so much love, so many people around, and I am so happy for that.

Nicole, I'm not a religious person, you know that. I never have been. I pray everyday. I don't know who I am talking to. I don't know who is listening, but I do it anyways. I pray for you Nicole. I pray for Mia. I hope you hear me.

I also hope you hear all of the ridiculous sh;t Stephanie and I say. We're constantly saying "dude, Nicole would have cracked up over that" or "Nicole would have loved that."

Honestly, how could it be, somebody took my boy from me. My best friend's gone and I'm so alllllllllll alone. I really missssss my homiessssss, evne though you've gone away I know you're in a better place.

http://a100.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_79b6f113e7247205cb51015eda723223.jpg

cloverfdx
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Kay you are often in my thoughts {{hugs}}. What a beautiful addition to your Tattoo, what a lovely tribute.

.sarah
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I think of you every day, hoping you're doing okay. Mia is going to be so happy to have you in her life when she gets older. You will be able to tell her things about her mom that only a best friend would know. It's awesome that you are able to see her so much. :)

wolf_Q
09-17-2008, 07:54 PM
I can't even imagine the pain you are going through. I know that she meant so much to you. That is a beautiful tribute to a great friend. If you ever need to talk, let me know. {{HUGS}}