PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #279 Let the Good Times Roll

lvpets2002
08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
;) Summer nearly to a end && Fall soon to begin.. Olympics to end & Football to begin.. Lets let the Good Times Roll & Roll.. Ok Who wants to open the bar?? I think I will start with a Strawberrie Slushie & sit in the hammock & think of what all to be thankfull for.. For one my kitty Buttons makeing it thru her surgery yesterday of a eye removal of cancer..

Karen
08-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I've gotta key - one of the perks of being the Mayor - so I can open the place up, but I am not gonna work the giant slushie mixer - gotta corral one of the guys, I think!

I'm not a good bartender, but I make good iced tea ...

I'll throw some strawberries in one for ya, in celebration of Buttons' successful Sir Jury visit! And some catnip tea for her.

lvpets2002
08-21-2008, 04:12 PM
:) Yes lets me have one of them Ice Tea with some strawberry please.. Oh do you have any umbrellas for the Tea?? Oh Buttons will be so pleased for her catnip tea.. Ok Gents David & Richard come on & help with the Slushie Machine.. Lets Get the Good Times a Rolling..:cool:

gini
08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
What? An idle seement mixer? I must be in the wrong bar - that has never happened before. I guess everyone is either hiding out because of the tropical storms or out in the sunshine enjoying summer.

Gosh, how do you work this thing - do you just put some mixes and limes and tequilla and ice in - and then plug it in?

I will try it out. SPLOOSH........OH OH!!!! (HELP!)

lvpets2002
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
:eek: What gini && why is all that slush on you?? Well does it taste good??:p

Karen
08-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh, gini, you HAD to try, didn't you? ;) I know Lady's Human is in Las Vegas this week for some conference ... dunno where David and Richard are.

Here, this way, gini - the swimmin' hole is over this way, and here's a couple towels, and a stick to throw in case Lady decides to accompany you!

And yup, I found the little paper umbrellas for the iced teas ... spin 'em and the orange kitten will bat them all over the bar ...

davidpizzica
08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I've gotta key - one of the perks of being the Mayor - so I can open the place up, but I am not gonna work the giant slushie mixer - gotta corral one of the guys, I think!

I'm not a good bartender, but I make good iced tea ...

I'll throw some strawberries in one for ya, in celebration of Buttons' successful Sir Jury visit! And some catnip tea for her.

Karen, it looks like I've been corraled! I'll crank up ye olde seement mixer and get the slushies going. BTW, congratulations on Button's sucesful eye surgery!

RICHARD
08-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, gini, you HAD to try, didn't you? ;) I know Lady's Human is in Las Vegas this week for some conference ... dunno where David and Richard are.

Here, this way, gini - the swimmin' hole is over this way, and here's a couple towels, and a stick to throw in case Lady decides to accompany you!

And yup, I found the little paper umbrellas for the iced teas ... spin 'em and the orange kitten will bat them all over the bar ...

LOL,

Right by the shifter ---- R is for Run and D is for Drink, P is for Pour and N is for Not Ready Yet.

I could use a drink and a Patty Melt...I made a pot of pea soup. I didn't have any ham of bacon but it was palatable.

Anyone else?

DONE!

lvpets2002
08-22-2008, 09:19 AM
:) Hey its morning && I am hungry for some breakfast.. Where is our breakfast chef?? Gini hope you got all cleaned up.. Yup thats what happens when you hit N not ready yet on the Bigg Slush Machine..

davidpizzica
08-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I think you need a pro seement mixer drink operator! The shifter is a little tricky. RICHARD, some of that pea soup will hit the spot!

lvpets2002
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
I think you need a pro seement mixer drink operator! The shifter is a little tricky. RICHARD, some of that pea soup will hit the spot!

:) Ok David our Slush operater = I needs a Strawberry one with a Patty Melt & Pea Soup from Richard.. I fluffed up the coushions & hammocks so we can all just lounge a bit..

Randi
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I'll have a drink to Buttons succesful eye surgery :) - and I might as well continue celebrating Slick's and Sara's birthdays :D but forgive me, I'm not going to help mix anything in that olde seement mixer. Can I just have a re-fill, please... and then the lamb roast is ready - yummy!!

Richard, I need that pea soup recipe, please! :p

davidpizzica
08-22-2008, 11:39 AM
:) Ok David our Slush operater = I needs a Strawberry one with a Patty Melt & Pea Soup from Richard.. I fluffed up the coushions & hammocks so we can all just lounge a bit.. The slushies are on the way! I can use a hammock right now.

lvpets2002
08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
The slushies are on the way! I can use a hammock right now.

:cool: Did you notice how I hung the hammocks between all the Bigg Oak Treess.. Oh yes there is a breeze & playing soft music & slurping on my nice cold slush.. Oh yes Let The Good Times Roll.. Yum Yum David you make a Good Slushie here.. :D

davidpizzica
08-22-2008, 02:26 PM
I aim to please! You have the hammocks perfectly placed. it's such a hot day and the breeze is so welcome. Second round of slushies, anyone?

lvpets2002
08-22-2008, 02:50 PM
;) For sure lets go round 2 & 3.. I think everyone else is lost or getting ready for school.. Dont worry David we both are in the clear.. No worries lets just coast right along..:cool:

RedHedd
08-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I haven't been around too much - work getting in the way of PetTalk Harrumph! Slick's B'day? I'll drink to that! One of whatever everyone else is having

RICHARD
08-22-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll have a drink to Buttons succesful eye surgery :) - and I might as well continue celebrating Slick's and Sara's birthdays :D but forgive me, I'm not going to help mix anything in that olde seement mixer. Can I just have a re-fill, please... and then the lamb roast is ready - yummy!!

Richard, I need that pea soup recipe, please! :p

Oh, I have to do this first.

1 lb of split peas
two garlic cloves
Two ham hocks or four slices of bacon, minced or 1/2 cup or minced ham or or 1/2 cup of salt pork
1 cup white or yellow onion minced
Two peeled potatoes, minced
Two carrots, minced
Two celery stalks minced.

Grab a pound of green peas, rinse and put them into a pot with water that covers them-You can soak them for a few hours or overnight-or you can put them on the flame get them to boil and let them cool off for a few hours.

You can make this recipe with salted pork, bacon or ham or ham hocks.

If you go with the ham hocks you just put them in water and start to heat it up.

If you go with bacon, pork or ham, go with one-not all three! Mince them up, put some oil in the bottom of the pan and fry everything until crisp-then add the garlic, veggies and the drained peas.

Add fresh water to about one inch over the ingredients and cook until done. about 1.5 hours at a slow simmer.

Keep your eye on the water level and add as needed.

-----------------------

To make it cook faster I shred the carrots and dice the potatoes and celery into fine cubes.

At the end of cooking the soup you can take half of the pot and put it thru a blender them mix it back in with the unblended half. It makes the soup creamy and you don't have the big chunks of veggies.

If you go with the salt pork wait until the last half hour to season it. Bacon and ham are also kind of salty so adjust the salt as you like it. Ham hocks are usually smoked and add a real nice flavor to the soup.

Grab a nice crusty bread with real butter, a simple salad on the side and you are golden!

-------------

Let me pour drinks and get some food passed out!

DONE!

Killearn Kitties
08-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Richard, that soup sounds fabulous! Can I have a big bowl with my slushie please?

Are you OK now Gini? Have you got all those slushie ingredients washed off, or do we need to all get in the hot tub out back with you???

RICHARD
08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Richard, that soup sounds fabulous! Can I have a big bowl with my slushie please?

Are you OK now Gini? Have you got all those slushie ingredients washed off, or do we need to all get in the hot tub out back with you???

You sure can. I love to make it and try to make a huge pot and freeze what ever I can. There is nothing like a fast meal when you are tired and don't feel like cooking.

Some towels for the hot tubbers, drinks and food?

DONE!

slick
08-22-2008, 09:37 PM
One for the road please bartender!!!!! :)

Hellow
08-22-2008, 09:52 PM

Lol, this is seriously weird, but i like Fall, Winter, and Spring better than summer, yet I take Hotness better than Coldness :p. We have already started school here, actually I have been in school since the 7th of August.

RICHARD
08-23-2008, 05:17 PM

Teo, one for the road and one for you!

DONE!

Reggie.
Before you know it it will be cold and rainy...enjoy while you can!:D

gini
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Look guys, I am really sorry about the swimming hole - it's a funny shade of green right now and VERY sticky! It's supposed to rain - so hope that it helps.

Richard - where were you when I needed you? Who knew that you had to "drive" this thing - not just turn it on.

Karen thanks for the towels - I put them in the washer - actually, they walked over and jumped in themselves.:rolleyes:

Oh, my bathing suit is all sticky and there are flies headed my way!

Guess I flunked bartending #101!

Why is Slick walking down the road drinking?

RICHARD
08-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Look guys, I am really sorry about the swimming hole - it's a funny shade of green right now and VERY sticky! It's supposed to rain - so hope that it helps.

Richard - where were you when I needed you? Who knew that you had to "drive" this thing - not just turn it on.

Karen thanks for the towels - I put them in the washer - actually, they walked over and jumped in themselves.:rolleyes:

Oh, my bathing suit is all sticky and there are flies headed my way!

Guess I flunked bartending #101!

Why is Slick walking down the road drinking?

OH man,

Too many ponderables!

We could sit around the swimming hole with straws and umbrellas.

LOL,

I'll have to teach the Orc to work the seement mixer!

Slick on the road drinking?

She not walking, she's racing, Racing Slick! get it?:rolleyes::D

Dry off and get a drink...
DONE!:D

gini
08-24-2008, 12:30 AM
OH man,

She not walking, she's racing, Racing Slick! get it?:rolleyes::D

Dry off and get a drink...
DONE!:D

Hmm, I wonder if she is the one who put the seement mixer into "high" gear? :D

RICHARD
08-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Hmm, I wonder if she is the one who put the seement mixer into "high" gear? :D

COuld be!!

She might need a costar for her versions of the "On the Road' stories!:cool:

Lady's Human
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
DAMN, Did I miss the soup?

That sounds good.

I go to Vegas for a week and I miss all the fun.:(

Cinder & Smoke
08-24-2008, 11:06 AM
DAMN, Did I miss the soup? :(

Well, you missed it in that you didn't get HIT with it when it spewed out of the Seement Mixer.
:p

Slusshies & Soup - looks great on the floor, walls, and ceiling.

:D

RICHARD
08-24-2008, 01:28 PM
DAMN, Did I miss the soup?

That sounds good.

I go to Vegas for a week and I miss all the fun.:(

You mean there was no PHUN left in Vegas anymore?

Let me get to the freezer.....I always make "Soup for Thousands".

Here's a drink....tell us about yer trip!

DONE!

C&S

There is always food on the fridge!!!

DONE!

Lady's Human
08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Vegas? Fun?

Sorry, very little in Vegas fits my definition of fun, especially when I'm there for a Union convention.

RICHARD
08-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Thought so..

LOL, The only way I go to Vegas is when there is something ELSE to do...
I talked my brother into getting married the week of an Off Road race so I'd have something to to do besides be the best man.:eek:

I still owe him and his wife for that one!

RICHARD
08-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Drinks are half price all this week, So belly up to the bar and join me and the name of the band I hired....

The Drowned Sorrows!

Karen
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
There IS fun in Vegas - the tigers and dolphins at Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden were amazing and fun to watch - they had better habitats and looked happier than the ones at the sanctuary we visited in Texas ... There's the cool Aquarium at Mandalay Bay ... The Bird Man of Las Vegas, the chicken who plays tic-tac-toe ... But all this only counts if you're not stuck in meetings the whole time, sadly.

Hmm, large cold iced tea with lemon, please ... or - I know - a big cold limeade! Gotta order here where things is non-allergenic!

RICHARD
08-26-2008, 12:08 AM
But all this only counts if you're not stuck in meetings the whole time, sadly.

Hmm, large cold iced tea with lemon, please ... or - I know - a big cold limeade! Gotta order here where things is non-allergenic!

Or weddings?:)

One large Limeade and a request!

DONE!

lvpets2002
08-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Drinks are half price all this week, So belly up to the bar and join me and the name of the band I hired....

The Drowned Sorrows!

Richard you are so gooffy.. The Drowned Sorrows.. Could you not think of a band better than that.. LIT with umbrella please.. I will put in the oven some potato skins with cheese.. Any one hungry??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/cats-17.gif

RICHARD
08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Richard you are so gooffy.. The Drowned Sorrows.. Could you not think of a band better than that.. LIT with umbrella please.. I will put in the oven some potato skins with cheese.. Any one hungry??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/cats-17.gif

They play the BLUES and anything else you can imagine!

LIIT with a 'brella and I'llscre up some chili, sour cream and guacamole for those taters! DONE!

Lady's Human
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Richard.....

Maybe we can get the Kinsey Sicks to play at the bar? :p

I'll take some of those potatoE skins, anyone for some fish chowdah?

RICHARD
08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Richard.....

Maybe we can get the Kinsey Sicks to play at the bar? :p

I'll take some of those potatoE skins, anyone for some fish chowdah?

Here, anything is possible!:)
I'll do some chowdah with you.....ORC, get the fish crackers!

Too early for a toot, how's about some coffee?

DONE!

lvpets2002
08-26-2008, 10:29 AM
:love: Oh yes now we are getting all the goodies a coming in to go with the tator skins.. Yum Yum ORC stop pinging the fish crackers off of Richard's Head..:D
Here, anything is possible!:)
I'll do some chowdah with you.....ORC, get the fish crackers!

Too early for a toot, how's about some coffee?

DONE!

Lady's Human
08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Now that I'm done playing jackstraws using an F-150 and done cutting firewood for the day, I'll take some chowder, tater skins and a nice cold heffe weissen to wash it down with.

Days like this I wish I had Orc around to help out.:p

RICHARD
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Now that I'm done playing jackstraws using an F-150 and done cutting firewood for the day, I'll take some chowder, tater skins and a nice cold heffe weissen to wash it down with.

Days like this I wish I had Orc around to help out.:p

DONE.

An Orc personal assistant....there might be a market for that!:D