PDA

View Full Version : A cute cat cross stitch

Ann
09-06-2002, 03:12 PM
I had to share this with you guys... Thanks to Tubby & Peanut's Mom for reminding me, I've been meaning to post this picture for ages:

http://www.peachkin.com/pics/kors-stygn.jpg

This is a scan of how a cross stitch that I'm working on (when I get the time that is) will look when it's done! Cute huh? :) There were three more in this series with cats doing naughty things, but this was my favorite.

Uabassoon
09-06-2002, 03:42 PM
That's cute. I wish I knew how to cross stitch so I could make fun stuff like that.

NoahsMommy
09-06-2002, 04:06 PM
How funny Ann! I'm working on one right now too! When I get home, I'll take a picture of it for you, OK? I love this one! It's really cute! Are you going to frame it when you're done? Is it counted?

Uabassoon, its actually very easy! Just go to a craft type store like Micheals or Joann's and go down that aisle. You can start with a beginner one to learn. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-06-2002, 05:00 PM
That's cute, Ann. :) Looks like the poor kitty was caught off guard by a heavy wind. Smart mouse. :)

Uabassoon - yes it's very easy. Although I have to warn you, it is addicting. I went through a phase a few years ago where I was into the Precious Moments cross stiches. Of course every one of them required different colors, so I ended up with a ton of floss when the phase passed. I believe my mom still has most of it. She will still do a pic now and then. It's a fun hobby, easy, and you end up with some nice things/presents. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-06-2002, 07:32 PM
AHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH
That is soooooooooo cute and funny!!
Who makes those Ann... I have never crosstiched before ... but I would LOVE to look into buying some of those!!!

*lol*lol*

Vermontcat
09-06-2002, 09:11 PM
I like to cross-stitch too but usually I do it during the long Vermont winters. I like to do ornaments because they are quick.
If you are just starting out start with a small simple design.:)

kohala
09-06-2002, 10:56 PM
How cool that will look - are you going to show us the finished project? I hope so!! And, hey, what about the others in the series? I love that kind of thing, although I don't have the hands or patience for cross stitch - I like making quilted/appliqued wall hangings. Thanks for the inspiration!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2002, 01:11 AM
That's cute Ann. I also like to cross stitch when I get the chance. My problem is that I start a project and then I never seem to finish it. :)

Ann
09-07-2002, 03:47 AM
Glad you guys liked it :)

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
How funny Ann! I'm working on one right now too! When I get home, I'll take a picture of it for you, OK? I love this one! It's really cute! Are you going to frame it when you're done? Is it counted?

Cool, I can't wait to see yours :) And yup, I'll frame it when I'm done and it is counted.

Sara, you can buy cross-stich patterns in many stores over here, some stores are dedicated to only things like cross-stitching and knitting and so on. This particular one I got in a catalog that I am subscribed too that tends to have cooler stuff and more of a variety. I'll see if I can find out if that company exists in the USA as well oki?

Kohala, sure thing, I can take a picture of it when it's all done :) And if I manage to dig out the catalog I'll scan the others in the series for you :)

lynnestankard
09-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Lovely, funny cross-stitch Ann. It'll be good to see your piece when it's finished. I adore cross-stitching and while the wings been boken it's annoyed me so much that I couldn't stitch!!

Uabassoon - honestly it is so easy - get a small kit to 'have a go' on - I bet you'll be hooked. Most kits give you instructions on how to cross-stitch. And there are hundreds of books on the subject - try the library.

My friend had always reckoned it was too difficult - and finally, after years of nagging I persuaded her to try it. She is so THE cross-stitcher now - absolutley adores it!!

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
...while the wings been boken it's annoyed me so much that I couldn't stitch!!
Lynne

Lynne, I've noticed that you are using capitals at the beginning of your sentences again. Does this mean the wing is healing better and your typing with two hands again? I hope things are going better than they were the last time we got an uppydate (as Boots calls it).

Vermontcat
09-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Check this out for some neat cat designs
www.kittyandme.com

Check out the designs, there are even some cats in hats(where is Edwina!)and there are some links to other sites too.:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the great website Vermontcat. I added it to my favorites list. :)

09-08-2002, 04:56 AM
Ann , I love cross-stiching too !! I made several ones about birds and I made a very special one for my parents 50th anniversary !!
Do you think you could send that pattern to me ?? If yes , give me a Pm , and I will give you my address!!

lynnestankard
09-08-2002, 07:19 AM
~ ~ ~ UPPYDATE!! ~ ~ ~

Yep Tubby & Peanut's Mom - things are improving in the wing dept.,!! I'm at last back to typing with two hands and it's SO much easier than the one finger plonk!! I see the Doc next Friday and I'm convinced he's going to allow me to stop wearing the sling - Hurray! I feel so much better now - mentally as well as physically. End of Uppydate! Sorry to have plonked this in the middle of Ann's great thread.

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Lynne, I'm so glad you're feeling better. It's hard to feel good mentally when you're not feeling good physically. Sounds like things are looking up though. :)

Former User
09-08-2002, 11:03 AM
It's been so long that I did cross stitching last time, but lately, I've felt like I could start it again. Seeing this Ann, made me want to have that cat pic, I wish I could find it somewhere.
My mom always made her own designs, she was just watching a flower and draw the design on a paper and started cross stiching it then :eek: wish I could do that too, but nope...