PDA

View Full Version : My baby turned sweet sixteen today...

carole
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Yes i can hardly believe it but my youngest Melissa turned 16 today,how time flys, she is 16 going on 21 as you can imagine,wanting her independence more every year,now she is able to drive even more so.

She is having a group of her friends stay overnight, with movies and lots of yummy food.

She already had her birthday gift from us, which was a weeks holiday in the Gold Coast Australia, a one off i can tell you,but has been given money from other members of the family which she is saving towards buying her own car.

Well just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

luvofallhorses
08-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Happy 16th birthday to Melissa. :) It really sounds like she is enjoying her day. :D I sure loved being 16. :)

Taz_Zoee
08-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Awww, Happy Sweet Sixteen Melissa!!
They do grow up way too fast don't they? It's amazing to watch them become adults, but it's sad at the same time that they are not little anymore.
And I'm only speaking as an aunt, since I do not have children.
So the next thing you have to look forward to is grandparenthood. ;) (not too soon of course)

carole
08-20-2008, 11:19 PM
oh yes i can wait for a grandchild from Melissa for many years,she says she does not want children or like them, however that sure can change can't it? still son is 27 this year,so maybe in a few years time, i am ever hopeful, he reckons not until he is at least 34 lol.:)

carole
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Just wanted to add ,she went to see the new batman movie the Dark Knight, said it was awesome, best movie she has ever seen, i guess i should be putting this in the movie thread lol.

I am having the teenage invasion tonight, as this suited everyone better, six girls, how exciting, lol,lots of giggles,food and fun no doubt.

I was disappointed on the cake i got for Melissa, at our local bakery,it looked really delicious to eat, and i had waited all day long till 8pm at night to taste it, i am being good at the moment with my eating, but decided to let myself have one luxury, well it was awful, rather stale tasting, and i wasted all those kilojules on that, grrr....won't be buying from them again ever.

Also she told us that on Monday she is donating blood at the school, it will be her first time, as now she is 16 she is legally able to do so, i was quite suprised, she is really eager to do so, so she can help others, i thought that was pretty neat of her, she is braver than me lol.:)

sirrahbed
08-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Happy sweet sixteen to your Melissa! Seems like MY Melissa is grown at 24 now!!:D

carole
08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Ah Debbie i did not know you had a Melissa too, little honeybees,yes your'e girl is well and truly a young woman now,time runs away with us, thanks for the birthday wishes.:)

Miss Z
08-22-2008, 04:03 AM
Aw, I hope she had a great time! I know how much I enjoyed my sixteenth birthday. :D

How nice that it was all girls together! I invited lads to my party as well as my best girl friends, and, well, as great as guys are, yanno that there's nothing quite like being with the girls. ;)

I hope you enjoyed it too, carole!

Happy sixteenth birthday Melissa!

Medusa
08-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Don't blink, Carole. Before you know it, she'll be 41 (like my son) and you'll be telling people that you're both the same age (like I do). LOL This is the stuff memories are made of. :)

phesina
08-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Happy birthday to Melissa!

carole
08-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Well it is all over for another year, actually we ended up with five girls and one boy,i had never met him before, but he was a really nice lad,and there were no problems, the mother came in and we chatted, we are about the same age group, slightly older parents for teens and she also had an older son,as we do,and i could see he is brought up very well with quite strict parents, we had the same concerns and so it was good just to have a chat and meet another parent who thinks along the same lines as we do, not very often we find these days.

Anyhow he was just A FRIEND, and i am pretty certain of that, tonight she and one of the other girls are going to his house to stay ,the big attraction is these japanese characters Melissa enjoys watching, he had other DVDS that she does not have, she saw this programme when she was in Australia and got hooked.

So all in all a good night was enjoyed by all,we even had some peace,apart from me being woken up at 2am with them going in and out of the bedroom to the loo downstairs,they were very well behaved.:)