PDA

View Full Version : Really inexpensive bacon wrapped filet mignon!

Medusa
08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
I was invited to a cookout here in Ohio last weekend and a friend brought filet mignon wrapped in bacon for 8 of us. I thought that was extremely generous and I told her so. Later in the evening she asked if I enjoyed mine and I said "It was absolutely scrumptious!" She said that she got them at Aldi's, a discount grocery store. They were a good size and only $1.99 each! I couldn't believe it! I went there the next day and bought 6 of them. I grilled one tonight for dinner. YUM! If you have an Aldi's near you, check it out.

Taz_Zoee
08-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Ohhh, that sounds yummy! Unfortunately, we do not have that store here.:(
Although, it made me laugh because growing up there was a little corner store called Aldee's (after the owners Al and Dee) that we always went to.

shepgirl
08-20-2008, 07:27 PM
We have those out here too and we also have the chicken fillets, same size and shape. Have to agree they are delicious.

jennielynn1970
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
We have an Aldi's here in Allentown, but it's in an area that I don't particularly want to get out of my car and go food shopping. :( I wish there was one in a better area of town.

My mom and dad shop at the Aldi's up at their house all the time. My dad buys me steaks there for Christmas and holidays, lol. He knows I love them! My mom also swears by their brand of kitty litter. To me it's too dusty, and I like the crystals I use that I get from Walmart.

smokey the elder
08-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Wow! Such a deal!

lvpets2002
08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
:eek: WoW that was a good deal on them.. Is a Aldi's kinda like a Super Save.. Super Save is what we have here..

Husky_mom
08-22-2008, 11:29 AM
this has absolutely nothing to do with your thread.. but I had to let you know that I read it say "I need really inexpensive wrapping paper"... donīt ask me why... but thatīs what I read.... once I opened it I saw it was a whole other thing ROFLMAO..... :p

Medusa
08-22-2008, 11:35 AM
:eek: WoW that was a good deal on them.. Is a Aldi's kinda like a Super Save.. Super Save is what we have here..

I really don't know. Aldi's is a bring-your-own-bags and bag-your-own groceries type of store. I had never been there before but when I tasted these filets, I made a point of checking it out. They really don't have much else there that interests me, lots of canned foods and packaged foods, etc. but these filets made it worth the trip.

Medusa
08-22-2008, 11:36 AM
this has absolutely nothing to do with your thread.. but I had to let you know that I read it say "I need really inexpensive wrapping paper"... donīt ask me why... but thatīs what I read.... once I opened it I saw it was a whole other thing ROFLMAO..... :p

Hmmm, whatcha been smokin'? KIDDING! :eek:;)

pitc9
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I have one near me, I'll have to stop and pick some up!

lvpets2002
08-22-2008, 12:11 PM
:) Yup that sounds just like our Super Saves.. Yup they are good with meat $$ & not much else & you have to bring own bags & bag yourself..

I really don't know. Aldi's is a bring-your-own-bags and bag-your-own groceries type of store. I had never been there before but when I tasted these filets, I made a point of checking it out. They really don't have much else there that interests me, lots of canned foods and packaged foods, etc. but these filets made it worth the trip.

Ginger's Mom
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Ooh, really? I am in the mood to try something new, too. There is an Aldi not too far from me. I hope I remember to check it out tomorrow when I am out running aroud. Thanks for the tip.

Marigold2
08-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I go to Aldi's several times a week as there is one right up the street from where I work. It is owned by the same people that own Trader Joe's, two German brothers. They have great deals all the time. I am very lucky that the one by me has great produce, mini carrots $1.19, peaches for 39 cents a pound, romaine lettuce three heads for $1.69. I always go there first, then to Marc's and then to Giant Eagle if need be or Heines. Aldi's has saved me thousands of dollars over the years.
I remember shopping in a Aldi's over 30 years ago in Freiburg, Germany.

Medusa
08-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I go to Aldi's several times a week as there is one right up the street from where I work. It is owned by the same people that own Trader Joe's, two German brothers. .

I did not know that. I love Trader Joe's but I only get there two or three times a year since it's so far away for me. In CA, that's practically the only grocery store that my son shops in. He loves it.